Richt diagnosed with parkinsons

Advertisement
CMR spoke a couple weeks ago at the church I attend. He didn’t announce his diagnosis but you could see some of his movement challenges so this makes sense.

A couple other points of interest he talked about…

Retiring from Miami:
- Regrets not telling the team first because the kids were on break
- Reason for walking away was health. He wasn’t recovering physically from the grind and had no gas in the tank. Knew something was wrong but didn’t know what
- Shared about his heart attack October of the following year during a light workout and how he almost didn’t survive.
- Still has the same phone number since days of being the OC for FSU. Has appreciated how so many former players have kept in touch and grown as men

CMR just finished writing somewhat of a memoir…”Make the call” is the name of the book that will come out in a

There will be a lot of football stories involved, I’m sure he will talk about the impact of his dad, mentors, coaches, success, failure, and especially faith.

There will obviously be a faith component to this book, and now that he has announced his Parkinson’s diagnosis on top of his heart attack a few years ago, I’m sure he has a sense of urgency to challenge young men in how they make important life decisions, including what they decide to trust as truth.

I know many of you are skeptical about religion, especially when combined with football. Appreciate if you read this far. 🙌🏾

When I watched last year on ACCN he didn’t seem quite right.

Glad he’s got a diagnosis and will get top notch treatment.

love richt the person. we need more people like him, and i'm not a religious person. he advanced the program in many ways and i'm grateful for it, especially the 10-0 run even though it was illusory. wish him the best.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maan, you really have to salute the guy for everything he accomplished in his short time here. I was pretty excited when he came back home, and he left with class. Anyway, God bless CMR

Those distant gazes he was noticed having, are symptoms of the onset of the disease. God bless him.
That 1980's offense and lack of firings gave it away for me. I am thankful he left gracefully.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back