Richt comments on NJOKU

Advertisement
Thread is hilarious.

We lose by 1 pt to a very good FSU team on a missed XP and our casual "fans" want Richt fired.

Our non-alum "fanbase" is by far the worst is college football, and it really isnt close

Thread is hilarious.

We lose by 1 pt to a very good FSU team on a missed XP and our casual "fans" want Richt fired.

Our non-alum "fanbase" is by far the worst is college football, and it really isnt close

FSU's offense is "Very Good" with an Elite back and a decent QB who didn't crack under the immense pressure. Our defense did a good job of holding them to 3 points in the first half, and fluttered off in the 2nd half allowing 17 points which still isn't terrible.

However, FSU's defense is not good at all, and has allowed 30+ points to everyone this year except a FCS school who was missing half their team.
-We scored 19 points on this same defense.
-We went 3 and out on drive #1 where USF scored in 1 play.
-Louisville put up 62 in 3 quarters and let off the gas.
-We struggled to get 6 points in the 2nd half against a secondary without its top 2 players and top LB for the whole 4th quarter.

It's not the end of the world, it's not the worse offense ever...but it's embarrassing we had less rushing yards (RB only, not counting Quinton Flowers) than USF.
It's mind blowing knowing that we did this despite matching their talent offensively, but not taking advantage of it for 60% of the game. We played so conservatively as if Richt was not going all out for this game. It's frustrating that he didn't put Kaaya in his comfort zone and spread them out most of the game to get the Win...RPO, HB Draw, Hook Concept...HB Dive, RPO, Downfield Pass, rinse and repeat with a hurry up and I formation sprinkled in. No TE's working the seams or HB Wheels to take advantage of the RB's.
I would have definitely taken James Coley as a passing game coordinator and play caller right about now, as long as Richt substituted Coley's terrible WR screens for the ones we run now.

Just like everyone loves this aggressive, down hill defense...Sometimes I wish Miami would run an aggressive passing game. Richt is calling plays like his OC's did at UGA after 2006, instead of like HE did at FSU.

Advertisement
Like anyone that hasn't practiced their craft in a long time, I think he should go and see what others are doing, specifically in his speciality (offense). I see no harm in that. Some of the offensive minds in CFB are absolutely brilliant. Pick their brain and learn what you can. Ain't no shame in that.

Or hurry up and hire an OC next season.

Depending on how the rest of the season goes obviously....do you guys think he would actually give up calling plays after just one year? Highly doubtful in my opinion....

That's the scary part - who is he going to hand it off to? Brown? He's stuck where he is - OC by committee with an inexperienced guy. You know he's not going to hire an OC to replace Brown so what we have is what you get for a while.

He'd have to demote his son to a non-coaching position to hire a real OC. Rick could coach QBs, and Brown and new OC would be co-OCs with the new guy calling plays. Either that or hope that the NCAA passes the new proposal expanding the coaching staffs to 10.

Said right away hiring his son was a ******* joke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back