Richt and brown on the backup qbs.

Rosier clearly best QB right now. Best camp he’s had as a Cane. Jarren is the most talented.
This is great news, glad rosier is putting it all together. For a first year starter he had a solid year statistically and it could have been much better if not for the slide the last 6 games or so. Excited to see how he progresses

Advertisement
No. You're supposed to feel comfortable that he's improved enough since last season to hold off studs who are clearly more talented than he is.

I’ve never been the biggest Rosier guy but I feel a lot better with him than the other guys.

When I realized how raw kosi was , and stil having issues after a year in the playbook the writing was on the wall.

He’s the best guy at the moment and it’s not close. A fifth year guy with a year of experience should beat these cats out.

Yeah, more accurate. Similar arm strength and athleticism.

If Kosi ever pulls his head out of his *** he could be so good , he has special arm talent, mixed with good athletic ability. His ceiling is unreal , I just don’t know if he’ll ever get it, but if he does it’ll be crazy.

Jarren just seems to have better accuracy , work ethic and had better coaching. Imo JW is probably the safest pick for ‘19.

Advertisement
If Kosi dirks pull his head out of his *** he has special arn talent , mixed with good athletic ability. His ceiling is unreal , I just don’t know if he’ll ever get it, but if he does it’ll be crazy.

Jarren just seems to have better accuracy , work ethic and had better coaching. Hes probably is the safest pick for ‘19.
From all reports he seems to be progressing. Weldon was getting some hype in camp but didn’t perform well in the first scrimmage and performed much worse in the latest one

From all reports he seems to be progressing. Weldon was getting some hype in camp but didn’t perform well in the first scrimmage and performed much worse in the latest one

Weldon lost a ton of reps with the butt eye, I’d love to seen him with an entire spring. I wouldn’t be shocked if any of those guys took th job next year.

If Rosier starts all year those guys will all stay because they know they’re pretty **** even. When one of them takes the job and it’s obvious they’re the guy you’ll see transfers.

Weldon lost a ton of reps with the butt eye, I’d love to seen him with an entire spring. I wouldn’t be shocked if any of those guys took th job next year.

If Rosier starts all year those guys will all stay because they know they’re pretty **** even. When one of them takes the job and it’s obvious they’re the guy you’ll see transfers.
Which is why it's mind boggling to me that we aren't recruiting a QB in this class. Do we really want to go into next season with 2 QB's?

Advertisement
Arm talent is important, but I just want a starter who can read defenses and get the ball to our playmakers. That was Ken Dorsey in a nutshell.

If you can find a quarterback who has has the entire package, God bless the rest of college football.

Arm talent is important, but I just want a starter who can read defenses and get the ball to our playmakers. That was Ken Dorsey in a nutshell.

If you can find a quarterback who has has the entire package, God bless the rest of college football.

Based on all the scrimmages Kosi is not a natural. He's under 40% completions. Coaches are constantly commenting that he needs to learn the offense and learn how to read defenses. They have been politely hinting that he doesn't get it.

Williams looked like a natural in the spring game. Kosi looked like an athlete making athletic plays every once in a while.

This is subject to change obviously.

Advertisement
I’m excited for Savannah State. I’d like to see each QB get a quarter as PT.

I've never been more excited for a Savannah State game. I have a feeling that instead of leaving in the 3rd quarter, we are all going to be glued to our seats playing armchair QB coach while watching the backups.

Barry Jackson said Weldon threw 5 ints in the 2nd scrimmage this fall not the latest one... whew, sounds like he was having a good camp until those scrimmages came along. Bottom line we can’t have that man lol

Good thing Richt signed one back in February. With our weapons, god bless the rest of CFB indeed.

Advertisement
I wonder how many qbs came in as freshmen and started game or waited till yr two or three before they started.we have heard cmr say qb and oline hardest positions to learn.so why do some of you think that it would happen.the coaches know a check of a lot more than we do.if they were ready they'll play.One things for sure one of them better be ready for next year.
QBS of the last 5 national champs

2013 - RS Freshman Jamies Winston
2014 - Freshman JT Barret
2015 - Senior transfer (first year starter) Jacob Coker
2016 - Junior (started as freshman in '14) Deshaun Watson
2017 - Sophomore Jalen hurts / Freshman Tua Tagovailoa

I know you can’t compare but does anyone remember Charlie Wards first year starting? And then his senior year? Richt is no dummy...if he believes in MR, I will too until I see him fail. And trust me, I sat there in Heinz field watching JT run free and Rosier miss him...

Barry Jackson said Weldon threw 5 ints in the 2nd scrimmage this fall not the latest one... whew, sounds like he was having a good camp until those scrimmages came along. Bottom line we can’t have that man lol

I don’t think one scrimmage is indicative of one’s overall potential. I think Brown remarked that a few of the interceptions weren’t his fault; so, while I’m not making excuses for the young man, that’s important to note. Also, if Perry can’t separate from a 5 interception quarterback than that tells you a lot about his progression, too. Moral of the story: they both need to improve a lot, or else Jarren is coming for their lunch money

I don’t think one scrimmage is indicative of one’s overall potential. I think Brown remarked that a few of the interceptions weren’t his fault; so, while I’m not making excuses for the young man, that’s important to note. Also, if Perry can’t separate from a 5 interception quarterback than that tells you a lot about his progression, too. Moral of the story: they both need to improve a lot, or else Jarren is coming for their lunch money
In the article it said Jarren had come down to earth a little bit after playing better competion, all of them are competiting and improving. I dont Think Weldon is a bad qb he just had a couple of bad scrimmages but seemed to be good in practices. 5 ints in a scrimmage is unacceptable no matter who you are though

Advertisement
Back