Richt and brown on the backup qbs.

Advertisement
I think it’s a very dumb idea not taking a QB this year. I understand we have talent but none of it is proven & there’s a very good chance the 3rd place guy next year transfers.

Cmon broke.

You post a tweet with a link to an article. Not only that it's behind a paywall.

Cmon mane. You're better than this.

Here are the main relevant parts:

Added Brown: “Cade Weldon [has done] some nice things throughout the camp so far. He had a couple picks Saturday. Some were his fault and some weren’t his fault. But obviously you’ve got to do a better job of taking care of the football.”

The Canes’ backup QBs, in order of practice rotation during media viewing since fall camp began Aug. 4: redshirt freshman Perry, redshirt freshman Weldon and true freshman Williams.

In a one-on-one interview last week with the Miami Herald, Richt said he was “so proud of the younger guys’ approach now compared to what it was. It wasn’t good enough. It was not good enough and it was making me crazy. They weren’t even in the competition because they weren’t doing what it takes to be the man.

“Jarren is trying but he just started.

“N’Kosi has come light years in his approach to football. He’s got a little quiet confidence about him. I think he knows he’s talented. I think he knows he can do it. I think he knows that it also is more than that. Now that he understands it’s more than that and he really needs to be an expert at what he does and of what we’re doing and how we’re doing it, he’s seeing the value of that. I think before he thought he could drop back and if somebody weren’t open he could start scrambling and make a play, and he can a lot. He can. But you can’t build your whole offense around that.

Sounds like Perry has QB2 locked down and hopefully he will be running the show by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Cmon broke.

You post a tweet with a link to an article. Not only that it's behind a paywall.

Cmon mane. You're better than this.

Here are the main relevant parts:

Added Brown: “Cade Weldon [has done] some nice things throughout the camp so far. He had a couple picks Saturday. Some were his fault and some weren’t his fault. But obviously you’ve got to do a better job of taking care of the football.”

The Canes’ backup QBs, in order of practice rotation during media viewing since fall camp began Aug. 4: redshirt freshman Perry, redshirt freshman Weldon and true freshman Williams.

In a one-on-one interview last week with the Miami Herald, Richt said he was “so proud of the younger guys’ approach now compared to what it was. It wasn’t good enough. It was not good enough and it was making me crazy. They weren’t even in the competition because they weren’t doing what it takes to be the man.

“Jarren is trying but he just started.

“N’Kosi has come light years in his approach to football. He’s got a little quiet confidence about him. I think he knows he’s talented. I think he knows he can do it. I think he knows that it also is more than that. Now that he understands it’s more than that and he really needs to be an expert at what he does and of what we’re doing and how we’re doing it, he’s seeing the value of that. I think before he thought he could drop back and if somebody weren’t open he could start scrambling and make a play, and he can a lot. He can. But you can’t build your whole offense around that.

Sounds like Perry has QB2 locked down and hopefully he will be running the show by the end of the season.
My bad man,didn’t know

Advertisement
Where are all the people who just knew that Rosier would be out of a job because the other guys have so much talent?

I'm tired of all this sht about how far a guy can throw or how fast he can run. Not only are accuracy and decision making the first 2 things you want in a QB, but they're worth more than all the other attributes combined. And I don't give a sht how awesome a guy looks in HS, there is absolutely no telling what he'll do when confronted with DTs who are as fast as HS LBs.

So next time we land some blue chip wonder, calm your asses down with the predictions.

The Williams crew that threw every other QB under the bus are conspicuously absent. SHOCKER

I wouldn't gloat too hard about the people that were wrong on Rosier being beaten out by now,....as it clearly only lowers our ceiling for the year (without a big upgrade in the run game) and puts things into perspective.

Advertisement
Where are all the people who just knew that Rosier would be out of a job because the other guys have so much talent?

I'm tired of all this sht about how far a guy can throw or how fast he can run. Not only are accuracy and decision making the first 2 things you want in a QB, but they're worth more than all the other attributes combined. And I don't give a sht how awesome a guy looks in HS, there is absolutely no telling what he'll do when confronted with DTs who are as fast as HS LBs.

So next time we land some blue chip wonder, calm your asses down with the predictions.

This is exactly why people are afraid of Malik as the starter. His accuracy was atrocious for most of last year.

It is what it is..... I hope he has improved upon that. I will be rooting for him.

The main question is when are any of those guys going to be able to challenge Malik??? From a coaching standpoint if you have had 4 qbs to coach at least 1 should be able to play.

Advertisement
I wouldn't gloat too hard about the people that were wrong on Rosier being beaten out by now,....as it clearly only lowers our ceiling for the year (without a big upgrade in the run game) and puts things into perspective.

The point isn't that Rosier is great or anything, it's that people were so sure the others couldn't help but pass him up. Like being more talented would naturally lead to the starting job. It's about more than raw talent, and the others aren't showing enough to win the job despite all the talk.

Y'all crowning' 5th Sr. Roiser for beating out a 2 RS fr and a True fr

Jeezuz fck, literally not one sigle person has ever "crowned" Rosier. Nobody. Not once.

And nobody's taking shots at the other 3 guys either. I am however taking shots at everybody who said one of those guys would clearly pass Rosier because talent. I mean, one of them has to be the starter because they can all throw the ball real far and scramble and stuff.

Did anyone wonder if they'd be able to throw to the right guys? Or remember what the play is? Or get the O to follow them? Nope, definitely didn't wonder about those things. Because talent.

I think it’s a very dumb idea not taking a QB this year. I understand we have talent but none of it is proven & there’s a very good chance the 3rd place guy next year transfers.
Been thinking this for months now. Can’t go in with 2 QBs next year.

Advertisement
Rosier ******* sucks bros

But I was wrong about Weldon. He sucks more right now.

NKosi arm is awesome. But his head sucks

Same w J Williams

So. What I’m saying is, Rosier doesn’t suck bro

And Weldon is a great QB2

And let’s RS Williams and get NKosi some PT

So. **** it. Let’s go Malik!!!

The question is will Jake Heaps be available next year if Weldon bails and Miami is down to Williams and Perry
Dude! for real, we laugh now cuz we know the pain was real. I honestly remember making heaps in ncaa football and boosting him up to an 87 rating

Advertisement
Back