Richards/Thomas/Harley

I'm just glad to finally have multiple guys who can run and make defenders miss. We used to always have little guys like Thomas and Harley. (now we have Vanilla Ice)

Finally a simple WR screen or quick-out can go the distance.

Advertisement
4.48 for Mullins. A bit faster than Richards (4.51) - at least their HS times.

Thomas and Harley are clearly much faster than both of them....

Mullins is easily on their level speed wise as well. Don't sleep on him.

Nah. Different type of receiver. Not on their speed level

Could've sworn Dionte was a 4.4 kid, and he always looked fast af in person. I'll defer to you on that, tho.

4.48 for Mullins. A bit faster than Richards (4.51) - at least their HS times.

Thomas and Harley are clearly much faster than both of them....

Mullins is easily on their level speed wise as well. Don't sleep on him.

Nah. Different type of receiver. Not on their speed level

Could've sworn Dionte was a 4.4 kid, and he always looked fast af in person. I'll defer to you on that, tho.

Ahmmon was supposedly running 4.3's pre-season and was talked about as the fastest WR on the squad. I would like to think Mullins got faster as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This may be true, but the data don't account for "missed opportunities". Maybe Berrios fair caught a couple that another return guy would've done some damage with.

He did decently, but this is Miami. If our school doesn't have a dangerous returner EVERY year then something is off.

Harley and Thomas has hopefully fixed this. But we still need more overall speed on the team. We're closer, but not quite there yet....

Berries fair caught his love

Do we need to bump the thread where I pointed out that Berrios was 11th in the nation in punt return yard average?

This may be true, but the data don't account for "missed opportunities". Maybe Berrios fair caught a couple that another return guy would've done some damage with.

He did decently, but this is Miami. If our school doesn't have a dangerous returner EVERY year then something is off.

Harley and Thomas has hopefully fixed this. But we still need more overall speed on the team. We're closer, but not quite there yet....

Berries fair caught his love

Do we need to bump the thread where I pointed out that Berrios was 11th in the nation in punt return yard average?

I agree, I'm just saying he's not horrible as a lot make him out to be. I also have no idea what his speed is now, but he ran a 4.48 according to a 2013 USA Today article about his recruiting. I know that's pre-injury, so I have no idea what he's at now, but if he's close to that, he's not slow either.

Advertisement
Berrios is s a tough dude. I think he'd do better in the slot than lined up wide.

I expect our number two receiver (Mullins or Berrios) to benefit a ton this season from AR being double teamed.

Not sure why dudes are not mentioning Herndon at the TE position. He's going to do jussssst fine filling in for Njoku.

Advertisement
I kinda like our Jumbo Package with Cager 6'55", Njoku 6'65" and Irvin/Haskins 6+...Will be quite a change after opposing DB's become exhausted running after the new guys.,..

Add Berrios and Mullins to that group... Those two are impact players, may not have top end speed but in space they are quick and shifty as ****, can't be covered.

Advertisement
Back