Richards Has a Message to Wide Receiver Recruits (From 247)

mjarv21

Redshirt Freshman
Gotta love the youngin putting out some good press on the recruiting trail...

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes are in search of adding wide receivers to their 2017 recruiting class.

The Miami coaches were unable to secure commitments from top-tier receivers Jerry Jeudy and Jeremiah Holloman, but are still hoping to land All-Americans Devonta Smith, Jeff Thomas, and Michael Harley.

Miami's leading receiver this past season, Ahmmon Richards, was a top recruit last season and turned in an impressive freshman campaign in Mark Richt's offense and gave advice to other talented receivers considering the Hurricanes of what it's like being in Richt's offense.

“They put you in a position to make plays,” said Richards, who caught 49 passes for 934 yards and three touchdowns earning Freshman All-American honors. “They give you opportunities, one-on-one opportunities, and it’s up to you to make the play.”

Miami is looking to add receivers to the class after graduating Stacy Coley (63-754-9) and Malcolm Lewis (17-211-1) in addition to tight end David Njoku (43-698-8) turning pro.

Three-star receiver Evidence Njoku is the only receiver who has committed to Miami. Three-star Jordan Pouncey visited the Hurricanes and UM is hopeful of landing his services.

Richards Has a Message to Wide Receiver Recruits

Advertisement
I'd take Thomas over any WR recruit mentioned in that thread.

Jeudy was on the same team as Thomas in the UA game and what did he do? Caught a ball or two and looked okay on a return.

Thomas took over the game.

He's clearly the most electric out of any WR recruit we've been on in this year's class.

We need him badly.

Jeudy was on the same team as Thomas in the UA game and what did he do? Caught a ball or two and looked okay on a return.

He's clearly the most electric out of any WR recruit we've been on in this year's class.

We need him badly.
I'm as a big a Jeudy fan as you will find, but Thomas made me change my mind. We get him and I'm happy no matter what.

All in on Thomas. Then if we get Smith it's the cherry on top.

Would also like Pouncey in this class.

Advertisement
Ahmmon is that dude.

AR15, Thomas, Mac, Homer and Perry will be the best offensive skill position group in the nation in 2018.

All praise is due to Ahmmon...

He's been a nice voice in recruiting this season and you can just tell he has his head in straight. He didn't say you're gonna come here and put up numbers. He said the coaches will put you in position to make plays and you have to make sure you prepared and are ready to make them. The kid gets it.

Not to mention that twitter gem he had a couple weeks back.
bf73a20df643ede6ce7a6e32c48b2544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need him badly.

While I agree Thomas took over the game jigs still one of the best if not the best war in the country.

We need him badly.

Thomas on One side w AR on other. McFarland in slot

Or Thomas in slot w cager outside. McFarland running a route out of backfield

Holy ****!!!

Advertisement
Yep. I wouldn't be sad if Jeudy magically found his way to Miami. But he won't and if it were my team, I'd take Thomas ahead of him....

We need him badly.

While I agree Thomas took over the game jigs still one of the best if not the best war in the country.

We need him badly.

I think the moral of the story is to load up on talent. If Jeudy had wants to go be a paid gladiator for Bama for 3-4 years, and Holloman wants to play for a guy who won't even let his players transfer when they request one, that's their choice. Miami will be just fine with Thomas, Smith and/or Harley. ... not to mention that Njoku and Pouncey both look wildly underrated in the rankings.

We need him badly.

Thomas on One side w AR on other. McFarland in slot

Or Thomas in slot w cager outside. McFarland running a route out of backfield

Holy ****!!!

I need a cigarette.

Richards really seems like the complete package on and off the field. Said it before but him and Shaq Quarterman handle themselves as well as any senior in front of the cameras or microphones. The fact that they're only going to continue to grow as leaders of this team bodes extremely well for our future.

Advertisement

We need him badly.
Harry Beudy was busy honing his blocking skills in that game for his arrival in Alabaga.

This is a recruit who walked away from bags to come here...different kind of kid for sure. Gets it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back