Richards' block

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
4IGrb0W.gif

Advertisement
That block should be shown in the NCAA Rules Guide as what a clean perfect hit looks like.

Advertisement
Amazing block!

It’s great to have game changing leaders on this squad. Richards is that Dude. There are some plays he’d
Like back but there was a lot of holding more than 5 yards down the field.

Advertisement
Great block, but if you're not allowed to hit a receiver who's looking back at the ball like that, this should also be against the rules. Defender running in one direction looking in the other at a ball carrier is just as defenseless.

Personally don't like the "defenseless receiver" rule. Sadly, I don't think it's going away. And, if we're going down that route, defensive players should be protected the same way as anyone.

Great block, but if you're not allowed to hit a receiver who's looking back at the ball like that, this should also be against the rules. Defender running in one direction looking in the other at a ball carrier is just as defenseless.

Personally don't like the "defenseless receiver" rule. Sadly, I don't think it's going away. And, if we're going down that route, defensive players should be protected the same way as anyone.

You're ruining a good thread.

Advertisement
Tone setting block right there, changed the momentum of the game for sure

Next to Langhams TD (of course), that was hands down the best play of the game, IMHO. It not only set the tone that the U is coming hard after you every single **** down, but it also showed them that we were not intimidated by them - in fact, we were trying to intimidate them!

Clean, powerful hit! Made my night!

Advertisement

Man, GTFO here with this ****. He led with his shoulder, hit him the Nole on the shoulder, and if you think for one second that being a defenseless offensive player is akin to a tackler chasing down a runner then you're truly insane. It was a clean block.

It was a thing of beauty. My wife said, "Is that allowed?" (She doesn't watch a lot of football) I said, "**** yeah, that'll fire up the team!" It was just what we needed. Kind of funny that he was trying to get a good lick on Rosier but didn't see that freight train coming.

After seeing the hit Akers put on Redwine on their sideline and watching them jump up and down, we needed a lick like this. Really felt like a different game after that.

Advertisement
Back