Richards' block

Advertisement
After seeing the hit Akers put on Redwine on their sideline and watching them jump up and down, we needed a lick like this. Really felt like a different game after that.

that was so lame. Redwine was put in a vulnerable position and if he actually went to tackle him they would have been ing for a late hit out of bounds.

No doubt it was the turning point of the game!

that was it

different team came out at halftime

Man I don't know...I was sitting in that corner and I'd argue that 3rd and 20 conversion where Malik threw a strike to Richards right in that hubby/wife area of FSU's cover 2 was not only an outstanding throw, but it changed everything.

Up until THAT throw...we had done nothing on offense. I remember turning to the guys around me at the game and we all said that if we ended winning the game, THAT was the play that turned it around. That settled Malik down and gave the offense something positive to build on.

mb4xlB8.gif

We wanted it more. Left the field littered hobbled noles.

Great block, but if you're not allowed to hit a receiver who's looking back at the ball like that, this should also be against the rules. Defender running in one direction looking in the other at a ball carrier is just as defenseless.

Personally don't like the "defenseless receiver" rule. Sadly, I don't think it's going away. And, if we're going down that route, defensive players should be protected the same way as anyone.
He didn’t even hit em in the head you jagoff. Text book hit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back