Richards' block

Advertisement
Totally legal block. Cannot be considered a blind side block because Richards came from the direction the ball was coming to.

That was right after the 3rd and 20 conversion IIRC.

That totally changed things for the offense.

Advertisement
It was a beautiful hit. He stayed on his feet and stayed low. Props to that kid for continuing to play. I have a feeling he played through some broken ribs cause he had to come out after every tackle. Lol. But props to the kid for being a tough dude. And super props to AR for taking momentum when we needed it!

Any it where a Cane crushes an Nole is a thing of beauty, but it is something special when it is your 1st round draft pick start WR laying the lumber. That is at least second all time hit on a nole behind only the Barrow hit on VanOVER. Plus he saved his QB from the normal dirty Nole late hit on our QB.

Any it where a Cane crushes an Nole is a thing of beauty, but it is something special when it is your 1st round draft pick start WR laying the lumber. That is at least second all time hit on a nole behind only the Barrow hit on VanOVER. Plus he saved his QB from the normal dirty Nole late hit on our QB.

Try again. Vilma stopping that Nebraska back dead in his tracks in the National Championship game.

Advertisement
To me, that block goes down in UM-FSU history like the barrow hit on vanover (which I watch religiously every year during FSU week). I'll never forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try again. Vilma stopping that Nebraska back dead in his tracks in the National Championship game.

Re-read and try again.

Next to Langhams TD (of course), that was hands down the best play of the game, IMHO. It not only set the tone that the U is coming hard after you every single **** down, but it also showed them that we were not intimidated by them - in fact, we were trying to intimidate them!

Clean, powerful hit! Made my night!

Exactly, loved that about these Canes. Chad Thomas all over Blackman after the int, Norton with the guitar, Malik with the final pass.

Canes weren't scared. If we go to the acc champ game against Clemson I don't see why we won't act the same way.

Advertisement

I was talking against the noles only. If we go beyond that, the universe is very large and like picking great Canes, there are just so many great hits. Kickoff against UT in Cotton Bowl for one.

After seeing the hit Akers put on Redwine on their sideline and watching them jump up and down, we needed a lick like this. Really felt like a different game after that.

Ole boy [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION] said "It felt like he just wiped away 7 years of history with one hit."

Advertisement
To questions:

1) can you point me to the bit where I said it wasn't a clean block?

2) can you explain the difference between a receiver running in one direction and looking in another, and a defender running in one direction and looking in another?

4IGrb0W.gif

That will be on highlight/pump up reels for all time.

Advertisement
Back