richards back this week....

5XNC

Senior
will be curious how richt attacks their depleted secondary. with berrios in the slot and richards wide, they will be playing deep off richards. hopefully the bubble screen to berrios is open all day for 8 yards a clip. then, when they adjust and come up, hit richards or berrios deep.

Advertisement
Let's not forget that tall dude who just keeps making big time plays. I believe we use to call this a target rich environment.

Only use Richards if we desperately need him. Need him as healthy as possible for Va Tech, Notre Dame, and hopefully the ACCCG and bowl games.

put him on the other side. and harley. i'd run the bubble screen to the slot wr about 10 times in a row until they come up.
or put richards on the side by himself and let him draw the corner and safety over there and leave the other side open.

the options are endless. and herndon should be open as well.

Our passing game should go through Langham with Richards ailing and Berrios working exclusively in the slot.

I don't know what the **** else Langham has to do to earn the respect of the staff.

Advertisement
richards practiced this week. he plays. you guys want to "sit" guys who are healthy. have you guys ever played? if he's cleared by the medical staff, he's practicing and wants to play, he's gonna play. no one wants to sit. kid wants to play and have a big year. not sit on the sideline. he's cleared. he's practiced all week. he's gonna play.

they have a depleted secondary. they are playing in heat/humidity they can't duplicate. we can keep trotting out langham, berrios, richards, harley, thomas, cager, herndon.

richards practiced this week. he plays. you guys want to "sit" guys who are healthy. have you guys ever played? if he's cleared by the medical staff, he's practicing and wants to play, he's gonna play. no one wants to sit. kid wants to play and have a big year. not sit on the sideline. he's cleared. he's practiced all week. he's gonna play.

I think he should play, but since we can't count on him being healthy then plan accordingly.

Start Langham and Berrios no matter what, and then if Richards is healthy start him moving forward.

we usually open with 3 wrs. richards will be one of them. so will berrios. not sure who will be the 3rd.

Advertisement
Richards and Langham on the outside with Berrios in the slot, then rotating in Harley and Thomas?

QONVIyz.gif

Advertisement
we usually open with 3 wrs. richards will be one of them. so will berrios. not sure who will be the 3rd.

It was Langham, Berrios, Harley against GT on the first drive. Have to think that Richards will replace Harley.

i guess it depends. to start the season, did harley get the start over langham? if harley beat langham out, it might be harley, berrios and richards.

Everyone wanting AR to sit is foolish.... Kid wants to make it to the league and get drafted high

You dont do that from the Tub or not putting actual plays on film for scouts to see

Advertisement
I want to utilize Herndon more. I want to utilize the pups more and use their speed. Bubble screens all day long and rack up 7 to 8 yards per play, and if they decide to play close, let our athleticism take over. No doubt in my mind Syracuse benefited from Clemson's QB getting knocked out of the game. They are not some world beater.

that's what i said and i agree. get hernon involved before the 4th. run that bubble screen to berrios and thomas 20 times in a row until they change. that play is good for 7-9 yards a clip.

i guess it depends. to start the season, did harley get the start over langham? if harley beat langham out, it might be harley, berrios and richards.

Bethune: Cager, Berrios, Harley

Toledo: Harris, Berrios, Harley

Duke: Cager, Berrios, Richards

FSU: Mullins, Berrios, Richards

GT: Langham, Berrios, Harley (Langham responds with 5 receptions for 100 yards)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back