Rhett By The Numbers: Who The **** Is This Guy?

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Last time I did this with Penos, it told a horror story-- and that nightmare eventually came to life in the 2019 season, as he produced an offense that looked like a special Olympics team playing with a lubed up watermelon.

Hopefully this time a lesson was learned, and we make Rhett prove he's been able to produce a top offense at some point in his career. I wanna know if he can move the ball and score, and if he can run high pace

Let's see what we got here with this fella:

Arkansas St, OC/QBs 2012
• Scoring: 26th
• Total Yards: 23rd
• Plays Run: 18th

Auburn, OC/QBs 2013
• Scoring: 12th
• Total Yards: 11th
• Plays Run: 20th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2014
• Scoring: 27th
• Total Yards: 17th
• Plays Run: 50th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2015
• Scoring: 74th
• Total Yards: 94th
• Plays Run: 74th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2016
• Scoring: 49th
• Total Yards: 42nd

UConn, OC/QBs 2017
• Scoring: 103rd (previous year: 128th)
• Total Yards: 50th (previous year: 122nd)
• Plays Run: 60th (previous year: 119th)

• SMU, OC/QB, 2018
• Scoring: 54th (previous year: 12th)
• Total Yards: 81st (previous year: 15th)
• Plays Run: 81st

• SMU, OC/QB, 2019
• Scoring: 7th
• Total Yards: 9th
• Plays Run: 5th

- That's 8 seasons.

- The promising takeaway: Half of his career, he had around a top 25 offense in both points per game and yards per game.

- His stop at UConn showed improvement from the prior year before he arrived.

- That team went 3-9 the year before so they were as NFL scouts say, buttcheeks.

- His bad to mediocre years came at Auburn (not sure what the **** happened there) and his first year at SMU.

- I don't know who called plays at Auburn while he was there.

Much better resume than Penos.
He can run pace and tempo well.
Wtf happened at Auburn?
Who called plays at Auburn?
What happened his first year at SMU to cause a plummet?

A young guy who in 8 years has 50% of the time put out a top 25 unit. Intriguing. But why did his boy exile him to ****, and his work at SMU this season proof that he's evolved and is out vengeance?

Thank you, and Fvck Manny Diaz in his lisp hole.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was not the playcaller during his time in Auburn. At all. Helped gameplan for the most part. He took over a few times for Malzahn and Malzahn said it was a huge mistake.

UConn and SMU is where you need to judge him as a playcaller. That is where he had autonomy.

His offense is all pace. Ran like 80 plays a game. Its why his Total Offense numbers are so impressive.

His yards per play numbers at UConn and SMU are very middling.
Middling to bad 3rd Down Conversion Rate at SMU and UConn.
Middling to bad Red Zone Conversion Rate at SMU and UConn.

We'd improve under him...but anything is an improvement. He's not for me...but some people will like him because he runs a high paced spread. Maybe we catch lightening in a bottle with him and its just a "fit", but someone is going to have to sell me that Rhett Lashlee was the best available hire. I think you're slumming.

Last edited:
He was not the playcaller during his time in Auburn. At all. Helped gameplan for the most part.

UConn and SMU is where you need to judge him as a playcaller. That is where he had autonomy.

His offense is all pace. Ran like 80 plays a game. Its why his Total Offense numbers are so impressive.

We'd improve under him...but anything is an improvement. He's not for me...but some people will like him because he runs a high paced spread. Maybe we catch lightening in a bottle with him and its just a "fit", but someone is going to have to sell me that Rhett Lashlee was the best available hire. I think you're slumming.

He was the play caller at Auburn in 2016 at some point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was not the playcaller during his time in Auburn. At all. Helped gameplan for the most part. He took over a few times for Malzahn and Malzahn said it was a huge mistake.

Key word there is available... This is likely not a very wanted job right now. Lashlee had offers from Arkansas, Washington, Missouri and Texas showed a lot of interest among others. The dream candidates Yost and Fedora don't seem to want to go anywhere. Rich Rodriguez and Lashlee seem like the top realistic options

Regardless of what you think of his time at Auburn, the head coach and the guy that basically raised him from a pup in the coaching industry thought it was a big mistake. We can go back and forth on did he, didn't he call the plays...but you're missing the point that his head coach thought it was a big mistake when he did.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
People used whatever S&P is to try and tell me Penos was good.

I don't trust all that Gypsy voodoo analytics now. I'm an old crusty Saban and Belicheck looking candidates in the eye and asking one thing:

did you move the ball and did you score?

Last edited:
Last time I did this with Penos, it told a horror story-- and that nightmare eventually came to life in the 2019 season, as he produced an offense that looked like a special Olympics team playing with a lubed up watermelon.

Hopefully this time a lesson was learned, and we make Rhett prove he's been able to produce a top offense at some point in his career. I wanna know if he can move the ball and score, and if he can run high pace

Let's see what we got here with this fella:

Arkansas St, OC/QBs 2012
• Scoring: 26th
• Total Yards: 23rd
• Plays Run: 18th

Auburn, OC/QBs 2013
• Scoring: 12th
• Total Yards: 11th
• Plays Run: 20th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2014
• Scoring: 27th
• Total Yards: 17th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2015
• Scoring: 74th
• Total Yards: 94th
• Plays Run: 74th

• Auburn, OC/QBs 2016
• Scoring: 49th
• Total Yards: 42nd

UConn, OC/QBs 2017
• Scoring: 103rd (previous year: 128th)
• Total Yards: 50th (previous year: 122nd)
• Plays Run: 60th (previous year: 119th)

• SMU, OC/QB, 2018
• Scoring: 54th (previous year: 12th)
• Total Yards: 81st (previous year: 15th)
• Plays Run: 81st

• SMU, OC/QB, 2019
• Scoring: 7th
• Total Yards: 9th
• Plays Run: 5th

- That's 8 seasons.

- The promising takeaway: Half of his career, he had around a top 25 offense in both points per game and yards per game.

- His stop at UConn showed improvement from the prior year before he arrived.

- That team went 3-9 the year before so they were as NFL scouts say, buttcheeks.

- His bad to mediocre years came at Auburn (not sure what the **** happened there) and his first year at SMU.

- I don't know who called plays at Auburn while he was there.

Much better resume than Penos.
He can run pace and tempo well.
Wtf happened at Auburn?
Who called plays at Auburn?
What happened his first year at SMU to cause a plummet?

A young guy who in 8 years has 50% of the time put out a top 25 unit. Intriguing. But why did his boy exile him to ****, and his work at SMU this season proof that he's evolved and is out vengeance?

Thank you, and Fvck Manny Diaz in his lisp hole.
Redzone efficiency killed him at Uconn. They ranked 116.

Advertisement

Thank you. But just like with the Enos hire we got people so thirsty (water in the desert) for something different and the hot guy at the moment they are willing to overlook and even justify some glaring issues.

We really need to face the fact that we're not going to get the best of the best to fill this position. It's not very desirable and no one would leave a good situation just to come here with all this mess. Our realistic play is probably going to be someone like him or an up and coming smaller conference play caller who's looking to make a name for themselves.

S&P+ Offense Ranks

AUBURN (2014 - 2017): 3, 28, 49, 26

UCONN (2016-2018): 119, 106, 99

SMU (2017-2019): 25, 105, 27

FEI Offense Ranks

AUBURN (2014 - 2017): 5, 45, 36, 15

UCONN (2016-2018): 122, 99, 93

SMU (2017-2019): 16, 94, 16
Lol but he runs a spread and is the hot name and better than Enos....

Advertisement
Back