Rewatched the game.

supacane

Senior
Just rewatched the game on ESPN3. Observations, the team looks better. I mean physically they do. I still detest Coley's passing offense. It has no scheme or cohesion. Seems like random plays he thought of. The backfield should be better than last year, seriously. Walton can fill Duke's shoes, no kidding there. And if Choc puts it together he is a beast waiting to bust out and Yearby should be solid and a leader in the unit. Can't judge Kaaya much. Coley does him no favors and the OL is a work in progress.

The defensive line is much better on the interior. The whole defense despite the putrid scheme seems to know what they are supposed to do. Not a lot of bust I seen and not too many times they allowed the runners to get outside. The secondary is like shut down. Should be the best in the ACC.

Overall observation this team should dominate the ACC coastal and really contend for the ACC title overall. With El Foldo in charge they may win from 5-8 games and call it progress. I said they would win 4 games. I don't think that will be the case. There is a lot of talent all over the team, if we had any in the coaching ranks we be talking about playoff. Despite losing all the drafted players......

Advertisement
Agreed. The offense looked so choppy to start it was mind numbing. The defense looked better but let's see how they look later on. I went over what I could and watched just the DL. Saw some flashes which was nice. Kids are using their hands more and actually making moves. This was nice to see.

Just rewatched the game on ESPN3. Observations, the team looks better. I mean physically they do. I still detest Coley's passing offense. It has no scheme or cohesion. Seems like random plays he thought of. The backfield should be better than last year, seriously. Walton can fill Duke's shoes, no kidding there. And if Choc puts it together he is a beast waiting to kbust out and Yearby should be solid and a leader in the unit. Can't judge Kaaya much. Coley does him no favors and the OL is a work in progress.

The defensive line is much better on the interior. The whole defense despite the putrid scheme seems to know what they are supposed to do. Not a lot of bust I seen and not too many times they allowed the runners to get outside. The secondary is like shut down. Should be the best in the ACC.

Overall observation this team should dominate the ACC coastal and really contend for the ACC title overall. With El Foldo in charge they may win from 5-8 games and call it progress. I said they would win 4 games. I don't think that will be the case. There is a lot of talent all over the team, if we had any in the coaching ranks we be talking about playoff. Despite losing all the drafted players......

:jordan:

Advertisement
Just rewatched the game on ESPN3. Observations, the team looks better. I mean physically they do. I still detest Coley's passing offense. It has no scheme or cohesion. Seems like random plays he thought of. The backfield should be better than last year, seriously. Walton can fill Duke's shoes, no kidding there. And if Choc puts it together he is a beast waiting to bust out and Yearby should be solid and a leader in the unit. Can't judge Kaaya much. Coley does him no favors and the OL is a work in progress.

Coley and his bubble screens.LOL Just terrible.

Will never understand why we dont use the game plan we used against fsu in the first half last year in every game.

Gotta remember the offense is probably going to be very vanilla until we play Nebraska and 2 of our top receivers went down in the 1st qtr.

crossover22[]_[];2275586 said:
Will never understand why we dont use the game plan we used against fsu in the first half last year in every game.

I'd order a hit on Coley and Golden if they used an intricate gameplan against freaking Bethune.

**** I was mad we blitzed at all.

Advertisement
Every time we go bubble screen I lose a day off my life
I still don't get why almost every pass is play action

Dude's offense is a dumpster fire. It's like he's almost intentionally trying to get Kaaya OUT of a rhythm.

Advertisement
Does anyone understand we played an FCS school last night?

Our offensive line is terrible.

Dudes were running right by Darling.

Kayaa had happy feet the entire first half.

BCC was probably the worst coached football team i've ever seen. No clue what they were trying to do last night. Their QB was taking 7 step drops and just standing there.

We have some elite talent but that game tells us nothing.

Idk how you re watched it on espn3...they did such a terrible job compiling the video it's almost unwatchable. Skips around to different parts of the game, etc

The coaching staff should have the first 20 plays set. Perhaps that will help Coley...

Advertisement
We are a good coaching staff away from being a contending team. We will lose double the games per year that we should win based on these *** holes. We have the horses to win. Maybe no the playoffs but at least this ****** division and conference. It's an embarrassment that we can't get to Charlotte at least every other year and be in the hunt annually.

BCC was probably the worst coached football team i've ever seen. No clue what they were trying to do last night. Their QB was taking 7 step drops and just standing there.

Kaaya is going to get killed this season.

Kaaya is going to get killed this season.

Indeed, and Kaaya won't have any great receivers helping him out. Our best receiver is just "ok".

Advertisement
Back