Returning production

Connelly finally has all his rosters updated to the minute. Pending portal additions/subtractions (and we know there will be several), Miami checks in at #14 nationally in returning production at 91%.

2nd highest Power 5 behind UCLA, and the highest in the ACC.

No excuses....

2CEE5B02-40D9-493E-805B-05180013C547.jpeg

Advertisement
Connelly finally has all his rosters updated to the minute. Pending portal additions/subtractions (and we know there will be several), Miami checks in at #14 nationally in returning production at 91%.

2nd highest Power 5 behind UCLA, and the highest in the ACC.

No excuses....

View attachment 146223
**** I didn't think OSU, ND, and Bama would be that low. But they just reload.

Losing a QB tends to skew numbers, especially losing the production of those 3 guys. One guy can account for half of your offensive production. Add in the loss of a bunch of high production starters on the other side of the ball and it’s easy to see why they’re so low. NC lost a ton of production on both sides of the ball, but because they return Howell they’re middle of the pack.

Losing a QB tends to skew numbers, especially losing the production of those 3 guys. One guy can account for half of your offensive production. Add in the loss of a bunch of high production starters on the other side of the ball and it’s easy to see why they’re so low. NC lost a ton of production on both sides of the ball, but because they return Howell they’re middle of the pack.

UNC lost a ton on offense.

On defense, they return 8 of their 9 leading tacklers. They really only lose Surratt (albeit a big loss). But it makes sense for them to be middle of the road. Offense took a huge hit but the most productive guy is back. Defense is largely returning intact.

UNC lost a ton on offense.

On defense, they return 8 of their 9 leading tacklers. They really only lose Surratt (albeit a big loss). But it makes sense for them to be middle of the road. Offense took a huge hit but the most productive guy is back. Defense is largely returning intact.
I thought they lost more on defense. So that makes sense.

Advertisement

For sure Bama just slides in the next 5-star but yeah they are losing so much production from last year.

Mac Jones

Leading rusher Najee Harris

4 of the 7 kids who caught double digit balls including Smith and Waddle

Leading tackler Dylan Moses
Stud DL Christian Barmore was their leading sack guy
Top 10 DB Surtain

It usually and probably won’t matter for them. They are a machine. But it’s a lot of production to replace.

Advertisement
For sure Bama just slides in the next 5-star but yeah they are losing so much production from last year.

Mac Jones

Top 10 DB Surtain

It usually and probably won’t matter for them. They are a machine. But it’s a lot of production to replace.

This is just as important imo:

When you don't recruit consistently at the level that Bama, OSU, UGA and Clemson recruit, then your only hope at success is to have a team loaded with upperclassmen who have spent 4-5 years developing in your program. Gotta play the long game.

We have failed at both over the years -- poor recruiting and poor retainment. I'd be curious to know when was the last time we retained 90%+ of our production year over year.

Mac Jones

Top 10 DB Surtain

Plus three o linemen who will all go in the first 3 rounds this week

Mac Jones

Top 10 DB Surtain

Agreed. That's a lot to replace, and Saban knows this. They will probably 'fail' this year and only make it to the playoffs but will be primed win it again in '22.

Advertisement
Not sure exactly how thats calculated but bringing guys back like Pope and Wigs ("returning production") aint always a good thing. Hope Lash and Likens switch it up next year...
Maybe true, but bringing in players like Stevenson, Rambo and Johnson make up for it and then some. Pope and Wiggins are either getting their starting positions taken (Wiggins) or getting moved (Pope to slot). Meanwhile, we brought in 3 starters from the portal and may bring in more.

Connelly updated his numbers yesterday with all transfer additions/defections and this should be pretty close to the final shakeout as we head into camp.

Miami is returning the 14th most production in the country, and 4th most of all P5 teams. 91%. As we’ve been discussing multiple times, the average is WAY up for all teams due to the free Covid year. Normally, the average team returns almost 63% of their production. This year, the average is 76.7%. So we should expect to see the quality of football increase this year as so many more teams have so much more experience back. But Miami at 91% is fantastic.

FWIW, Bama sits at 123rd. That’s what happens when you lose 6 first-rounders. Yes, they reload. But as I’ve been saying, it’s not crazy to think that they might not be humming full-blast early in the year. The gator is way low on this list too, as is ND, Ohio Taint, UGA, and Clemson.

PS: Ignore the May 28th header on the spreadsheet. That’s wrong. This is as of today.

Advertisement
Connelly updated his numbers yesterday with all transfer additions/defections and this should be pretty close to the final shakeout as we head into camp.

Miami is returning the 14th most production in the country, and 4th most of all P5 teams. 91%. As we’ve been discussing multiple times, the average is WAY up for all teams due to the free Covid year. Normally, the average team returns almost 63% of their production. This year, the average is 76.7%. So we should expect to see the quality of football increase this year as so many more teams have so much more experience back. But Miami at 91% is fantastic.

FWIW, Bama sits at 123rd. That’s what happens when you lose 6 first-rounders. Yes, they reload. But as I’ve been saying, it’s not crazy to think that they might not be humming full-blast early in the year. The gator is way low on this list too, as is ND, Ohio Taint, UGA, and Clemson.

PS: Ignore the May 28th header on the spreadsheet. That’s wrong. This is as of today.

College football will be a lot of fun this year I think. Crazy we have that much production coming back. Who'd we really lose? Phillips, Roche, Jordan, and Jose?

College football will be a lot of fun this year I think. Crazy we have that much production coming back. Who'd we really lose? Phillips, Roche, Jordan, and Jose?

That's literally it. Pretty crazy.

And added Donaldson, Johnson, Stevenson, and the freshman class, plus Avantae from the previous class who missed last season.

Yeah; I posted this in the Alabama Game thread.

Advertisement
Back