Rest of Storm18 needs?

I still think 30, assuming Walton and 2 of our DL go pro. That might include a GT/Juco or two. And I expect enough voluntary attrition that the coaches won't require too much effort to get there.

30 is not possible under NCAA rules.

Michigan signed 30 kids last cycle. Is this a new rule?

Michigan's specific facts and circumstances allowed them to sign 30 kids under NCAA rules. Our specific facts and circumstances will not allow us to do so.

Bama 29
Tennesse 28
Michigan 30
Maryland 28
And many more signed over 25 kids last year...

Advertisement
This will be a big class 27-29 imo

29 not possible under NCAA rules.

Yes it is if part of the class counts as early enrollees. You act like you are new to recruiting or something

For a guy who posts as much as you do, you sure don't seem to understand NCAA rules. There are limits on the number of early enrollees that can be counted back toward the previous class. The limits are the 85 total scholarship limit and the 25 initial counters limit. For example, if you already have 25 initial counters in the previous year's class then, it doesn't matter how many early enrollees you have, none of them can be counted toward the previous class.

In our particular situation, we have 22 initial counters right now for the 2017 class, which means only 3 of our early enrollees can count toward the previous class. If you add those 3 to our 25 initial counters allowed for the 2018 class, you get a maximum of 28. That number will go down 1-for-1 to the extent that we add any transfers (including grad transfers) between now and the start of Fall. That number cannot increase.

Yes it is if part of the class counts as early enrollees. You act like you are new to recruiting or something

For a guy who posts as much as you do, you sure don't seem to understand NCAA rules. There are limits on the number of early enrollees that can be counted back toward the previous class. The limits are the 85 total scholarship limit and the 25 initial counters limit. For example, if you already have 25 initial counters in the previous year's class then, it doesn't matter how many early enrollees you have, none of them can be counted toward the previous class.

In our particular situation, we have 22 initial counters right now for the 2017 class, which means only 3 of our early enrollees can count toward the previous class. If you add those 3 to our 25 initial counters allowed for the 2018 class, you get a maximum of 28. That number will go down 1-for-1 to the extent that we add any transfers (including grad transfers) between now and the start of Fall. That number cannot increase.
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] where you at man? No retort?

I can't with you man, I clearly stated miami will probably bring in 27-29 kids a few post above

I can't with you man, I clearly stated miami will probably bring in 27-29 kids a few post above

And I explained to you in detail how 29 is not possible.

Advertisement
We have 4 sports left the 2017 class and a fresh 25 for the 2018 class. Also not sure if any of the EE from the 2017 class counted towards the 2016 class.

28-30 is the magic number

I'm pretty sure 1968 is right in that 28 is the max #, unless the new recruiting rules have changed something.

2019 will be a huge class, especially given the attrition with the '15 class and the fact we could have 6-7 early entries from the '16 group. I'd think 30-33 would be the likely class size for 2019

We have 4 sports left the 2017 class and a fresh 25 for the 2018 class. Also not sure if any of the EE from the 2017 class counted towards the 2016 class.

28-30 is the magic number

No, we have 3 spots left for the 2017 class. We signed 25, including Delaney who counts against the 2017 numbers, and carried 3 back to 2016.

28 is the maximum we can take.

I'm pretty sure 1968 is right in that 28 is the max #, unless the new recruiting rules have changed something.

2019 will be a huge class, especially given the attrition with the '15 class and the fact we could have 6-7 early entries from the '16 group. I'd think 30-33 would be the likely class size for 2019

No, if we take 28 this cycle, we'll have used up all 25 of our 2018 initial counters, so we'd only be able to take 25 max in the 2019 class.

Advertisement

No, if we take 28 this cycle, we'll have used up all 25 of our 2018 initial counters, so we'd only be able to take 25 max in the 2019 class.

Nope, you're wrong on this one. There's an exception to the initial counter rule (otherwise a lot of teams would have serious depth issues). Focusing on IC's is dumb as a result. 85 is the real number that matters.

I shouldn't have agreed with anything you said. You're a known Gator troll

Nope, you're wrong on this one. There's an exception to the initial counter rule (otherwise a lot of teams would have serious depth issues). Focusing on IC's is dumb as a result. 85 is the real number that matters.

No, there is no exception. You get 25 initial counters period.

What kind of Gator troll keeps track of exactly the number of scholarships we have and how many kids have been signed and carried back to previous years? That would be some serious dedication for a troll.

Still waiting for you to provide a link to this exception you think exists. Fact, there isn't one. If you don't believe me, I'd encourage you to go take a gander at the NCAA by-laws. You'll find the scholarship limitation rules starting on page 183.

I think the class will be as big as how many studs want in. 24 minimum to 28 or 29. 5 Stars welcome. Give me Parsons, Derrick Smith, Terrace Marshall, etc.

Advertisement
OL, DT, and LB

This, + Kevin Austin & Tyson Campbell. Have to get those true difference makers like KA & TC.

This right here! Personally my ideal additions would be as follows..

OL) 2 of Campbell, Petit-Frere, Gouraige
DE) Oladele(Parsons if he wants in)
DT) Thompson, Briggs
LB) 2-3 out of Pierre, Louis, Reese, Joyner and Sherwood
CB) Blades and Campbell
WR) 1 of Marshall, Austin or Thornton.

This would put us at around 28 which is doable IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back