response to the Athletic dept. in regards to ticket renewal

Canesvolls

Recruit
Premium
Hi
After many many years as a season ticket holder... I will not be renewing. I cannot express how disappointed I am in the management of the football program. If any other product or service I use was this consistently disappointing, I would have made a change long ago.

I know there are a lot of excuses about NCAA sanctions, cloud, not the talent level etc. I do not see the credence in any of those arguments. Ohio State had sanctions to deal with as well. That team won a national championship this year. As far as the 2014 team not having talent? How many other college teams will have as many players taken in the first few rounds of the NFL draft as Miami? Denzel P, Erik Flowers, Duke J, and Clive Walford will all be highly drafted. There are probably another 5 guys that will get drafted later.

I love the University of Miami. I have been a Canes fan from 1983 when I was 10 years old. As painful as it is, I feel the only voice I have is to not renew my tickets. I will continue to travel from NJ to South Florida to see football games. However, I will be going to local high school games. It is sad to see highly rated high school players from feeder schools go to FSU, FL, Alabama, LSU etc. However, I fully understand why these kids are going elsewhere. If I were a parent of a 4 or 5 star recruit I would steer my kid away from Miami as well. Duke Johnson's mom seems to feel the same way.

My issue really is not about 2014. It is about the consistent mismanagement of the football program. This started around 2004. It has become progressively worse each year.

When the administration starts to care, I will care again.

Thanks

long time season ticket holder
1995 UM Graduate

Advertisement
Why you buy season tickets for the Canes when you can buy or scalp tickets and get great seats for the good home games for a fraction of the cost?

Now, as for your comment that if you were the parent of a recruit you would steer them away from Miami, maybe you and Duke Johnson's mother should form a club - The Stab The U in the Back Club.

You really gonna travel from New Jersey to South Florida to watch high school games? Really? What the **** is wrong wit you Brah? That cray.

Lol @ coming to see high school games. []_[] coming to see Swag16 or Squad17? Lol....
I know []_[] renewed your tickets; []_[] made this silly thread to get likes from the FSU and UF trolls that frequent this site, lol!

Not that I feel like I owe an explanation, but here is my rationale. I have been a hurricane club member, donated and purchased season tickets to support the University of Miami. Yes, of course it would be cheaper to scalp tickets… However, my intention was to support the program, not minimize my costs. The reason you donate is to support the program and school.

The past 2 years I have gone to high school games in South Florida. In 2013 I went to the Muck Bowl and then went to see the Canes embarrassed by Va Tech that night. In 2014 I went to a Miami Central playoff game. I love to see young talent and South Florida has the best young talent. It is foolish some do not realize that.

How is telling the administration that if I had a young adult I would guide them away from a program in disarray "stabbing the U in the back club"? That is how I feel. That is my opinion. So if you had a son that was a 5 star D tackle, you would send him to the U right now? To play in that scheme? Talk to Anthony Chick about that.

Advertisement
You're not hurting the administration, you're hurting the players! Support the guys that's on the field, not in the suites!
Br1QD4XCIAAyZ3v.jpg

Br1NuO7CMAAfOgK.jpg

Last edited:
Please explain that rationale, that I am hurting the players? I want the players to be supported, by competent coaches. The only way to have the players properly supported is to force change.

You're not hurting the administration, you're hurting the players! Support the guys that's on the field, not in the suites!
View attachment 30025

View attachment 30026

He is supporting the kids letting the administration know that he's unhappy and he wants change. These kids deserve a real coach. These kids want to win. Golden is a loser. Get it? Probably not.

Good job OP.
Im sure the players would rather you show up to show support. I feel this team will turn things around this year, and you disloyal fans will be back taking selfies throwing up the []_[] at the games. Lol
What if the players like the coaches...What if the Swag16, Squad17 (recruits) wants this current staff to stay?

Advertisement
Trust me, I feel badly for current players, that they have to put up with this administration and the current coaching staff. I am disloyal? I have had season tickets for 20 years, despite living in NJ. I was a silver cane up until 2015 (and I have explained why I am boycotting). You have no idea how loyal I am and how much I have given to the U. No, I will not be throwing up the U and taking selfies when the program is back. I am a man, not a child bragging on the instagram. Please do not pass judgement on me when you have no facts.

Last edited:
View attachment 30025

View attachment 30026

He is supporting the kids letting the administration know that he's unhappy and he wants change. These kids deserve a real coach. These kids want to win. Golden is a loser. Get it? Probably not.

Good job OP.
Im sure the players would rather you show up to show support. I feel this team will turn things around this year, and you disloyal fans will be back taking selfies throwing up the []_[] at the games. Lol
What if the players like the coaches...What if the Swag16, Squad17 (recruits) wants this current staff to stay?

Always the start of a legitimate argument.

View attachment 30025

View attachment 30026

Good job OP.

No... The players would rather win. They could care less about attendance. You don't think all of the players already know about the attendance issues we have?

Your delusional and I kindof feel bad for you that you actually believe that things will "turn around" (heard that last year) w/ your Golden boy.

And I'm not renewing my season tickets which shocked and saddened my family until I told them we are going to replace them for the Dolphins.

But I do plan on getting dropped off so I can throw up a fire folden sign at the hurricane walk and if I get some free tickets to a empty game at the end of the year when we are horrible I want to get some people and put bags over our heads for a couple quarters then walk out to embarrass the school.

And TRUST me there isn't going to be many kids who want to play for Goldie once he goes 6-7 in consecutive years.

Well if the swag16 wants the current coaches, then they all need extensions! Nobody knows what's best for an institution of higher learning and it's athletic department than some really fast 15 year olds!

Advertisement
the athletic department response to me-

Thank you for taking the time to write such a sincere email.

I certainly understand and share in your frustrations. Our recent production on the field is not what Miami football is all about and certainly does not speak to our rich history.

With all of that said, I recently accepted my position under this administration because I knew great things were coming. I believe in our current athletic director and certainly trust in his guidance of this program.

Thank you for your support over the years and I hope we can bring you back on board sooner rather than later.

If I can ever help in any way, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Have a great Wednesday and Go Canes!

My response back to the athletic dept.-

I just want the administration to know they are losing the fan base. I can sense this all the way in NJ. It was clear at games this year. It is clear from the people I speak with. It is clear at south florida high school football games. It is clear when you read a local newspaper.

Something really needs to be done, immediately. Currently, one of the best assets in all of sports and one of the best brands in the country is being destroyed.

The University of Miami should never go 6-7, ever. There is no scenario. Especially with the talent we had on this team.

Butch Davis is begging to come back to the school. He admits his mistake in leaving. This is a person that single handled created the best college football team in the history of college football. Mr Davis even started to dominate at the University of North Carolina, which is amazing given it is a basketball school. I cannot imagine the wild success Mr Davis would have in his second stint at the U. How many Hall of Famers will be able to bring through the U? The answer is so obvious and simple. Hire Butch Davis.

Speaking of results. Look at what coach L has done with the basketball program.. Is he not subject to the same sanctions the football program is? Leadership is so important. It is lacking in the football and athletic departments.

Please explain that rationale, that I am hurting the players? I want the players to be supported, by competent coaches. The only way to have the players properly supported is to force change.

You came here looking for a pat on the back for your "protest". Nobody gives a ****, support the team or gtfo.

Advertisement
I am looking for a pat on the back?? No, I am showing my support. I am trying to show leadership. I know others have stepped up and voiced their displeasure with the administration. Why such negativity on this board?? A lot of anger on here. I do not understand that. You can have a difference of opinion, but facts are facts.

Last edited:
View attachment 30025

View attachment 30026

Good job OP.

No... The players would rather win. They could care less about attendance. You don't think all of the players already know about the attendance issues we have?

Your delusional and I kindof feel bad for you that you actually believe that things will "turn around" (heard that last year) w/ your Golden boy.

And I'm not renewing my season tickets which shocked and saddened my family until I told them we are going to replace them for the Dolphins.

But I do plan on getting dropped off so I can throw up a fire folden sign at the hurricane walk and if I get some free tickets to a empty game at the end of the year when we are horrible I want to get some people and put bags over our heads for a couple quarters then walk out to embarrass the school.

And TRUST me there isn't going to be many kids who want to play for Goldie once he goes 6-7 in consecutive years.

Im delusional, but you're trading in Hurricane tickets for Dolphins tickets?! What exactly have they done to win []_[] over? Besides overpay players. Lol!

You've come to the wrong place looking for rational discussion. Everyone has the right to demonstrate their frustration in their own way, most on this board don't get that.

The thing I don't get is...if you guys are done with the team, the program, the university; why do []_[] come to a University of Miami football site? If you're done, []_[] should be done with anything and everything that relates to the []_[]. Why keep coming back everyday to say I'm done with this program until they make changes? Why don't you go away until they make the changes you feel fits you. Leave the site for fans who looks forward to seeing these KIDS go all out for The U!

Advertisement
Back