Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can put him back in your thread RVA he hasn't learned a thing.
I don’t agree with all of his positions on things like religion and my personal ethnic descent. He can believe what I wants and I’ll do the same but I’m not gonna judge his right to be angry at the injustices we’re seeing and have been seeing when it comes to the way black people are treated and mistreated.

Advertisement
U purposely evade context again, as you did in responding to Rellyrell’s brilliant post.

Antifa is trash, you are too. The only difference is that one knows it’s trash (conservatives) and the other still acts like it isn’t (liberals).
Now the truth comes out. You hate Atifa, you hate liberals and you hate conservatives. Sounds like there isn't anyone left to hate after that rant. I think there is some type of medicine for that.

I can’t be too mad as I have contributed to some of this ****ery along with the rest of you you’s guyz. I’m not sure how much longer this thread can remain open. @IndayArtHauz had to take a bath just from opening the thread.

Advertisement
Now the truth comes out. You hate Atifa, you hate liberals and you hate conservatives. Sounds like there isn't anyone left to hate after that rant. I think there is some type of medicine for that.
Its called I'm easily influenced by others and have no independent thoughts.

I don’t agree with all of his positions on things like religion and my personal ethnic descent. He can believe what I wants and I’ll do the same but I’m not gonna judge his right to be angry at the injustices we’re seeing and have been seeing when it comes to the way black people are treated and mistreated.
See how this sickness plays out even on a micro level? He is asking you to abuse your power and oppress me, just like he is ok with and expects the police to do as well.

He knows that he is free to post whatever opinion he wants with impunity especially on this topic of race issues.

This is privilege being displayed.

He knows that complexity of experiences, opinion, demeanor, personality type, and differing viewpoint is accepted for him. But he only wants one type of black man properly represented and accepted on this blog. There is a myriad of different types of white men represented and accepted on this blog.

There are micro issues right here on this blog that mirror the macro ones we are experiencing globally right now. There are changes we can make ourselves, right here, right now.

Advertisement
I wonder what the total numbers of “police encounters” are by percentage of the population.
funny you ask, according to fbi stats:

Black people make up 13% of the population

in 2017 5,626,140 white people were arrested to 2,221,697 black people

These are arrests, some crimes committed by same person, some acquitted.

black people committed 5,025 (53%) of the 9,466 murders

There are 47 million black people in the US, meaning 99.989497% of black people, and 99.994923% of white people didn't murder anyone. It's not 13% committing half the murders, it's .010% of black people are murderers and .005% of white people.

Adding up all the crime, 94.6% of black people don't commit any crime, while 95.8% of white people don't get arrested.

The black on black crime rate is 63%

The white on white crime rate is 56%

EZpvSNGXQAYFBRM.png

The black on black murder rate is 89%

The white on white murder rate is 81%

He only hates the white ones

Please spare me your twisted logic. You are the reason why there's a racial divide... we'll see who's the coward!
When are we gonna see and how? I’m the reason George Floyd was choked to death in broad daylight by a uniformed trusted police officer? I’m the reason Breona Taylor was murdered in her home? And I cause Ahmad Arbery’s death 😂 see these white supremacists will say anything to distract from JUSTICE being served upon them and their ideology.

And @Empirical Cane

So this is going to a lonnnng post, but it needs to be stated:

It’s really hard for non blacks to understand this. First off; please don’t use Candace Owens as any, and I mean ANY representation for Black America. Just b/c she has a black skin tone, does not mean she’s socially conscious at all. She’s from Stamford, CT, a predominately Caucasian area, she’s married dated all White men & and is now married to one (which is nothing wrong), but her views are going to conditioned based upon her environment, experience, and what she’s accustomed to. She assimilated to fit in.

Now, to her credit, I’ve been a champion on getting angry on why we, as a community, don’t get up in arms about black on black crime. I agree w her on that. I also agree w her about martyring criminals.....however, let me give you all a little history lesson on how my community became broken, and White Americans might not want to hear this, b/c it’s a course, and path that’s an ugly truth.

It started back w/ slavery.....

1. Property: As slaves were brought over to America to colonized states, who were once proud, strong, people were now regulated to being considered as property. Human beings considered as property, and worst yet, field animals.

2. Emasculation: Families were broken, men forced to watch their “animal wives” taken, brutalized, raped, snatched from them. Some men had genitals cut off of they were “too big.” They were used as breeders to create more slaves, babies sold along w their mothers stating “this baby comes from good stock” as they point to his battered father.

3. Fear: Being that there were more slaves than land owners and their overseers, they used acute violence, systemic violence against slaves to keep them in line. Didn’t pick enough cotton? Public whipping to show what happens if you don’t work hard? Caught outside your shack at a certain time? Public beating, and starvation to set an example. Tried to comfort your raped wife? Double your work load, and get beat. Tried to escape? Public Hanging, or if they are “sympathetic” due to your years of hard work, disfiguring of your important limbs.

Forgetting Your Past: Rewriting history is bad, forcing ones to forget their history is worst. This happened only to African Slaves. They were not to use their history in any sense of the word. Names were changed, language was changed, familial history was changed, and if any were caught trying to hold on to the past, heard speaking of ancestral history, they were whipped or hung. Each generation got further and further, and further away from their past, until it was completely gone.

Lack of knowledge: Beaten for reading, beaten for trying to educate oneself to this new life. Why? B/c knowledge is power.

Using The Bible: The now infamous slave Bible. What was once denounced as to never existed have now come to life. Taking out scriptures, adding to scriptures to justify why the White man was superior to all over races, and that it’s God’s will that Africans be slaves to them.

Division: The best way to get a group of people who are bigger & stronger than you is to divide an conquer. The term “A good ni99er” was used for those who did everything their master & overseer asked of them. Their reward? To sleep in the closet of the house, which was a step up from the barns/sheds. Well, as time goes on, these ones were made to feel superior to those on the outside, some even became overseers, so now you see your once upon a time brother, now exacting punishment to his fellow man. Children who were byproducts of rape, were put on a pedestal as their skin tone was fair, eyes a different color, hair a different texture.

Now what I just shared is the brief highlight of systematic and systemic demoralization of the African race over a 200 yr period. When “freedom” was sought & won, freedom was never given. You see, for 200 yrs this physical & mental warfare was passed along, so many didn’t even know what freedom was. It was scary to venture outside. But eventually time went on and adjustments were made.

Except....................

Freedom was never obtained. You see, Blacks were no longer considered property after the abolishment of slavery, true, but they also weren’t considered citizens along w all it’s amenities as stated by the constitution. U see, Southern States had “black codes” which made sure Blacks did not have the same rights as Whites. Voting rights, educational rights, ownership rights, all suppressed for another 100 yrs.

Furthermore, propaganda filled the US to justify neighborhood saviors (The KKK-the First American gang) to enable further abuse of freed men. Businesses burned; as a matter of fact, in the 1920’s, Blacks were starting to invest in itself, to the point we had our own banks, lending services, businesses out in Tulsa, OK. It was called, Black Wall Street, as we built everything from the ground up. This little known history was known as the Tulsa massacre, as White Americans burned down & killed hundreds of businesses and 1000’s of blacks. Black Wall Street died, and that fear that was once instilled and “slavery”, was rehashed.

It wasn’t until the mid 1950’s that Blacks started to enjoy some of the freedom they were promised, but it still wasn’t the same as their White counterparts. Whether it was soldiers being used as guinea pig test dummies for treatment experiments; Black war heroes being suppressed by history, G.I bills not being garnished to black soldiers, segregated armies, black soldiers coming home and beaten for wearing their uniforms, I mean, there’s a slew of injustices that were instilled to keep reminding the black man he was not the same as a white man; a reminder if u will.

So what does all that have to do w today? Well, the systemic injustice have been instilled. You want to know why people stay in low income housing? It’s not b/c they’re lazy, not all of them, it’s b/c of fear. My great aunt grew up in the segregated South in the 30’s, moved to Chicago in the 40’s, and guess what? It was segregated there, too....not by Jim Crow Laws, but by shear color of her skin. Although she worked on the Northside as a care giver, she better not be caught over there past 7p, or that meant harassment by the police. So what did she tell her kids? “Stay here, and don’t leave from here.” So a certain level of familiarity, and comfort begins to develop, and this invisible wall goes up b/c your conditioned.

Have you ever seen a battered woman, who even though her husband may be gone, or dead, the years of systematic abuse causes an invisible wall that she can’t get past. You see, blacks are that battered woman, but here’s the thing; when we see anything that remotely reminds us of the past 350 yrs, it triggers us. But, slavery and oppression did something else:

It did divide us, it did cause fear, it did emasculate us. The systemic conditioning has had an invisible wall affect. This protest isn’t about George Floyd; but going back to Candace Owens, I love how she used Floyd’s criminal past, but what Trevon; was he a criminal? Yet, he was made to be one to get George Zimmerman off, even though he had no priors. What about Breonna Taylor? Ezell Ford? Botham Jean in his own apartment b/c the officer didn’t know where “she lived?” Ahmaud Arbery? Was he a past criminal? You see, Floyd’s murder was a reminder that we still get treated inhumanly. If a police officer did that to a rabid dog, PETA would be up in arms.
She states that more white people have been killed by police officers; lol. Is she talking about federal raids like that in WACO or the ****’s Angels in San Bernardino County? We’re not taking about everyday citizens, we’re talking about massive raids.

At the end of the day, unless you’ve walked in a black man shoes, it’s really hard to understand a black man’s plight. It’s not as simple as, get up and get a job. We’re talking 350 yrs of systematic oppression, where til this day, the color of our skin provoked certain feelings. I got co-workers saying “what’s up‘dog’” to me, b/c what? I’m black? B/c Im from the Southside of Chicago, grew up in Compton? Do they say that to one another? **** no, and my colleagues are no racist....we go out all the time, but I had to be overtly nice so they would feel comfortable. Do u know how that feels? Of course many don’t.

Again, it’s systemic. People ask, well who’s oppressing you now? I find that comment laughable. Progress has been made, but if I’m in Atherton CA, driving a Toyota Camry, I get cops called on me. (True Story). I go to the Louis Vuitton store, I get followed (True Story). If I drive my relatives M6 in Inglewood, CA, I get pulled over (True Story). And if I’m walking down State Street in Chicago after 9p, I’m asked what gang I belong to (True Story). I mean for goodness sake, the NFL just realized they need to revamp a rule to get minorities in to coaching? Why is there even a rule in place for that to begin w? Affirmative action was put into place to get minorities job opportunities & schooling opportunities, why?

The color of our skin defines how we move; people like Candace Owens, I know people like her. My closest cousin is the male version of her. He grew up in a predominantly white community, he went out of his way to assimilate; he’s now a US Army Captain, and his brother in arms is everything. He went above and beyond to fight against the stigma of his skin tone, including involving himself in racial jokes to show he was one of the guys. He’s married to a white woman (nothing wrong w that), but he’s so out of touch w the black culture it’s not funny. He doesn’t know the plight, b/c he assimilated. You know what he told me on his birthday in December? He hated the color of his skin, b/c he had to shed the stigma of his skin color his whole life.

That’s the opposite spectrum of our plight. My community has been broken in so many ways, and unless you walk a foot in our shoes, you wouldn’t understand, but that’s OK. It’s like I would never understand what it feels to walk in your shoes, or a woman shoes. Then again, I don’t have the audacity to try to speak on your shoes or a woman shoes, and that’s my biggest problem w these dialogues. We have our opinions, that’s what makes the world of conversation great, but Candace Owens does not speak or represent the black community, neither do the Hodge Twins; they have their own plight of acceptance they have to deal w.

Regardless, I just wanted to give you a relatively brief overview of some of the ingrained injustices that my community have faced since being brought over to this country. If we can all understand each other views, and be empathetic to that, man we would be so much better as a country.

I want to say I respect and appreciate your long, but very deep post. I feel for you man, and all of brothers and sisters.

I can't say, I live your experience. I don't. I am a tall , white Scottish man. Grandma born in Scotland My family is not that long in the US. And my up bringing frankly kind of sucked. I was kidnapped by my mom, and "raised" by her and her Alcohol abuse. And then in High School she committed suicide in my face.

Not easy times man.

Now I am 46. And it's time for Gen X to wake the eff up. Or back up. And have this country grow.

Grow by checking the police and be there for our brothers. Create real opportunity.

Take a flicking stand. Give a ****. I will sit with the discomfort of being white and what happened.

And I will also have the courage to step hand in hand for real change with my brothers.

I am in.

Advertisement
See how this sickness plays out even on a micro level? He is asking you to abuse your power and oppress me, just like he is ok with and expects the police to do as well.

He knows that he is free to post whatever opinion he wants with impunity especially on this topic of race issues.

This is privilege being displayed.

He knows that complexity of experiences, opinion, demeanor, personality type, and differing viewpoint is accepted for him. But he only wants one type of black man properly represented and accepted on this blog. There is a myriad of different types of white men represented and accepted on this blog.

There are micro issues right here on this blog that mirror the macro ones we are experiencing globally right now. There are changes we can make ourselves, right here, right now.
Seek professional help you racist POS

Oh gosh he has a position on religion too? And your ethnic descent? I didn't think he had any more room for hate in that little brain of his. Being angry at the injustices is a whole different ball game we all agree.

Advertisement
I want to say I respect and appreciate your long, but very deep post. I feel for you man, and all of brothers and sisters.

I can't say, I live your experience. I don't. I am a tall , white Scottish man. Grandma born in Scotland My family is not that long in the US. And my up bringing frankly kind of sucked. I was kidnapped by my mom, and "raised" by her and her Alcohol abuse. And then in High School she committed suicide in my face.

Not easy times man.

Now I am 46. And it's time for Gen X to wake the eff up. Or back up. And have this country grow.

Grow by checking the police and be there for our brothers. Create real opportunity.

Take a flicking stand. Give a ****. I will sit with the discomfort of being white and what happened.

And I will also have the courage to step hand in hand for real change with my brothers.

I am in.

My man; well said.

See, your post is reflective. We all got stories man, so why do we put this wedge between us? B/c of skin color? It boggles my mind. We learn so much from each when we talk and communicate w one another.

We have so much more in common b/c we’re all human beings v. focusing on our differences.

Oh gosh he has a position on religion too? And your ethnic descent? I didn't think he had any more room for hate in that little brain of his. Being angry at the injustices is a whole different ball game we all agree.
It’s complicated man. I’m agreeing on the injustices we’re talking about. I don’t want to deflect from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back