Reports say Tate didn’t show for practice today

Man I hope if Tate gets a chance to get in the game he goes off. Cause I’m sick of people bashing him. JW won the battle and I’m happy about that and will go to war behind him but so will I go to war behind Tate or any other canes player. Stop bashing the kid and stop letting other ppl bash him to .

Advertisement
So, all the other competitive kids that were also emotional because they didn’t start, could still be at practice, but Tate should be looked at different? Guys like Perry and many others that lost out on starting positions, had their butts at practice. Heck, Kennedy transferred here and was pegged to be the starting LT, but he’s hasn’t cracked the starting lineup since he’s been here....not even during the Spring, but he hasn’t missed a day of practice. Perry, especially would’ve caught **** from fans if he’d miss practice. But instead, many of you coddle and make excuses for Tate.

Manny and the coaches said they’d put the players in difficult circumstances to get a sense of who they are. You find out a lot about a person when there is adversity...when they’re under pressure. We found out a lot about Tate yesterday.

Missing practice yesterday showed you all you need to know about Tathan Martell. It showed a lack of mental toughness. It showed he’s not a team player. It shows he’s not a leader if things aren’t going his way. It showed he’s not a fighter. It also showed a sense of entitlement.
This shows how smart you are the other positions the backup will get plenty of playing time.only way a backup qb sees the field is mop up duty or an injury.unless you've ever competed for something put everything you had into it and weren't successful yes they would.that something you'll never know what it's like.

This shows how smart you are the other positions the backup will get plenty of playing time.only way a backup qb sees the field is mop up duty or an injury.unless you've ever competed for something put everything you had into it and weren't successful yes they would.that something you'll never know what it's like.

so why didnt perry skip practice?

SAY THAT SHIIT AGAIN SMH ✊🏽
The way the competition was between all three of them I wouldn't berate either of the two for not showing up for the next practice.there's a lot of soul searching going on inside a young person after an emotional letdown like this.something like this will definitely let us know the character of Tate and Perry.I hope they get after it never know when and if we might need them.

Advertisement
Sounds like Tate may be #3 on the depth chart, though. If that's right, how much PT is he getting then?

Maybe Perry wasn't the expecting to be named starter.or Perry already made his mind up that he wasn't going to let this news get to him and he was going to do what he needs to do to make him better.

tates running third right now. perry had a better chance than tate did

Sounds like Tate may be #3 on the depth chart, though. If that's right, how much PT is he getting then?
True but if both Tate and Perry don't transfer before Aug 24.3rd string qb or the 2nd qb could be used on a trick play or two during the year.

Advertisement
True but if both Tate and Perry don't transfer before Aug 24.3rd string qb or the 2nd qb could be used on a trick play or two during the year.
Yep. But ... don't think Tate came here to ride the pine. I'll be surprised if he doesn't leave the way he came.

Maybe Perry wasn't the expecting to be named starter.or Perry already made his mind up that he wasn't going to let this news get to him and he was going to do what he needs to do to make him better.
Man I get the feel that Perry doesn’t have support structure like Martell and Williams... like I hope he’s got some mentors taking him under his wing at Miami and might need to stay to help prepare him for life after football. Honestly I don’t know anything about his personal life outside of his IG video, just what I’ve sensed reading CIS boards 🤷🏼‍♂️

Man I get the feel that Perry doesn’t have support structure like Martell and Williams... like I hope he’s got some mentors taking him under his wing at Miami and might need to stay to help prepare him for life after football. Honestly I don’t know anything about his personal life outside of his IG video, just what I’ve sensed reading CIS boards 🤷🏼‍♂️
me too I like Perry he has the tools to be a qb just needs maturity and understand the work it takes to be good.

I’ll play devils advocate here but is there just a minor chance that Tate missing practice had noting to do with the QB battle but was something of a personal matter he was dealing with.
Just seems strange ,no ridiculous that Manny would ok him an afternoon to pout but wouldn’t give that same choice to Perry.

Advertisement
Man I hope if Tate gets a chance to get in the game he goes off. Cause I’m sick of people bashing him. JW won the battle and I’m happy about that and will go to war behind him but so will I go to war behind Tate or any other canes player. Stop bashing the kid and stop letting other ppl bash him to .
What exactly did Tate do to earn sooooo much love and respect despite never taking a snap under Center for UM? Defend Tate, dogg true canes like Jacory.
Got it...

Yep.

You’re calling me a white supremacist mass killer. How can mods let this stand?

But you don’t have an agenda?

Everyone here knows I’m the opposite of that.

Oooh if you could only meet me.

I ask the mods to IP ban this piece of human excrement.

This is his deal if you haven’t already figured it out. He tries to create divisions based on his politics and create blog anarchy.

I mean the fact that he’s calling for more hate on Tate is pathetic all by itself.

Be prepared for more of this if you let this guy continue. He has a track record of this and you know it.

You just called me a murdering white supremacist you POS ... and I don’t know your fūcking religious beliefs or if you have any, so don’t deflect

Wait , he said that?

From a disagreement on a message board? Omg , that’s hilarious.

I knew he was obsessed with race baiting and calling everyone racist but that’s a bit much.

If Tate wasn’t white he’d be calling the huge amount of people hating on him racists.
Dude was killed from just as many people when he arrived as those slobbing his ****. Or more.

There’s been a huge racial element to this race, and it’s obvious. On both sides. Being prejudice one way or the other is still wrong.

We’ve had you tube videos and posts literally lying their off, starting false propaganda to push an agenda that wasn’t there. Which is toxic to the program, but that was fine? It’s ok to throw a possible grenade into the program if it backs your agenda. Just because some fans thought the guy they wanted wouldn’t win the job.

I guess that’s all good?

You just called me a murdering white supremacist you POS ... and I don’t know your fūcking religious beliefs or if you have any, so don’t deflect

Wow, Calm down...Take a deep breath OCCC

Isn't that what you told me to do after I went off on a nut?

As I told you at that time, sometimes they earn it

Advertisement
What exactly did Tate do to earn sooooo much love and respect despite never taking a snap under Center for UM? Defend Tate, dogg true canes like Jacory.
Got it...
I’ve never dogged any cane . If you play for Miami even if you’re a walk on it’s love for you .

How does a Cubano head coach & a white/black QB controversy turn into a racial discussion?

Hope Tate stays. Good for the team as long as he stays positive and competes...my .02 is that the QB is not over...no one knows what to expect from Williams. Yes, we want him to do extremely well but we have no idea and one game against UF good or bad won’t tell us the story. ****, look at Perry. Guy was so hot/cold last year.

Advertisement
Back