Renato Brown

And what exactly do you think there is to "see here"??

Quite a lot actually. Optics are horrible. You have a combination of kids who do no want to be a part of this program, or the staff missed on there evals with these kids from the beginning. No matter how much you want to make excuses for it, 10 decommitments so far this year is not a good look.

Advertisement
Why are people freaking out? Every commit we have lost lately for 2019 are average 3 star kids. We are not losing Solomon, Smith, Payton, those types of guys. Also, the last 4 commits we have received have all been blue chip 4* recruits.

Relax

Advertisement
If the staff takes an under the radar kid who nobody wants, the staff found a diamond in the rough. Once that same kid decommits, now the staff pushed him out and it's not a big loss.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. It is possible to find a recruit early, like/offer him, then re-evaluate after a season, realize he isn't who you thought he was and back off. Greg Rousseau is an example of it working. This is an example of it not.

Quite a lot actually. Optics are horrible. You have a combination of kids who do no want to be a part of this program, or the staff missed on there evals with these kids from the beginning. No matter how much you want to make excuses for it, 10 decommitments so far this year is not a good look.

I don't want to excuse anything.
Optics are meaningless and hold no real value at this time.
Come signing day we will either have a good class or we won't.
We don't know that right now and to be trapped by how the "optics" might look like to others is a waste of time and extremely weak.
That's just my option.

Decommitmenta are bad perception wise regardless if they were dropped or not. If you have to keep dropping kids then you need to do a better job evaluating initially. If elite kids or blue chippers are opening things up then you need to recruit better it’s that simple

Advertisement
Who's mad? I just laugh at folks like you who ALWAYS try to have it both ways. If the staff takes an under the radar kid who nobody wants, the staff found a diamond in the rough. Once that same kid decommits, now the staff pushed him out and it's not a big loss. The dudes who think like you live in a fluffy, fantasy world where there is only good, no bad. Must be nice to live in that fake existence.
No, each on their merit. There are 3* that I would cry about. The rest seem to be under rated sf studs.

Brown was no surprise or irreplaceable. I would have preferred him in the class as a developmental prospect, but sounds like this was either mutual or Brown resolved he did not want to play oline. Apparently the staff had no interest in him as a DT...based only on reports from tos.

My thing is why take these commitments? It’s a bad look. Slice it how you want.

Ya I don't think it's the end of the world, and I know we only actually wanted a couple...I also understand that it is going to happen here and then, a kid doesn't develop/grow/work the way you want him to, new position coach doesn't like has much... here and there ok. But I agree with Jg...don't understand why offer and accept the commitment...Not a good look. At least Richt and co. smart enough to do it now instead of late and process and ***** a kid over.

@2Focusd804 @TheRichtShow @OriginalGatorHater this has nothing to do with Renato Brown specifically, more so the bigger picture. We have10 decommitments in 2018 so far and that is HORRIBLE optics. And no matter if you want to state that players dropped us, we dropped them, we re-evaluated, it does not look good and it only provides more ammo for our competition.

We are already trying to compete against more established and recent success of bigger programs (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.) Than we have the to deal with the "bag men" as well. We are coming off of 3 losses to end the season, two against top 10 programs, where you can be assured opposing staff's are telling these impressionable kids that we still aren't back yet and still have a distance to go. Now we are losing kids left and right. And regardless of what the blind homers want to say, we aren't dropping all these kids. These kids for the most part are exploring other options on there own. And for the kids that people want to state we dropped, well that's another problem in itself in that this staff CLEARLY needs to do a better job of evals and not jump the gun taking commits so quickly.

But like I stated originally, all the folks saying "good" or "who cares" when these lower rated kids bounce, where were these same people when we originally took these kids? I can assure you that if I took the time to dig up the old threads, very few, if any where questioning these takes and where more likely to be saying the staff found an under the radar guy or a kid with upside and potential. But now, because the kids are telling us to kick rocks, the kids suck. Like I said, you can't make this **** up.

Yes, yes I was. I was not supportive when any of these kids committed.

Advertisement

Optics are horrible for who? Who the **** besides you is whining and crying and bit&&& about this? Like literally no one cares besides the dummies on this forum. Brown and Pierre will be just fine. They'll go to schools that they want to go to and that want them. No one will remember this in a year or two. You're throwing a ****y fit for nothing.

Georgia just forced a Dade commit out on his official freaking visit. Do you think anyone else cares about this? Do you think it hurt their recruiting? Tyson Campbell watched his good friend get screwed over by UGA and committed to UGA with a giant smile on his face. Divaad Wilson saw his own freaking teammate get screwed over and did nothing but rush to join his UGA buddies.

None of this matters in the long run...you're either trolling or too sensitive to this stuff.

@2Focusd804 @TheRichtShow @OriginalGatorHater this has nothing to do with Renato Brown specifically, more so the bigger picture. We have10 decommitments in 2018 so far and that is HORRIBLE optics. And no matter if you want to state that players dropped us, we dropped them, we re-evaluated, it does not look good and it only provides more ammo for our competition.

We are already trying to compete against more established and recent success of bigger programs (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.) Than we have the to deal with the "bag men" as well. We are coming off of 3 losses to end the season, two against top 10 programs, where you can be assured opposing staff's are telling these impressionable kids that we still aren't back yet and still have a distance to go. Now we are losing kids left and right. And regardless of what the blind homers want to say, we aren't dropping all these kids. These kids for the most part are exploring other options on there own. And for the kids that people want to state we dropped, well that's another problem in itself in that this staff CLEARLY needs to do a better job of evals and not jump the gun taking commits so quickly.

But like I stated originally, all the folks saying "good" or "who cares" when these lower rated kids bounce, where were these same people when we originally took these kids? I can assure you that if I took the time to dig up the old threads, very few, if any where questioning these takes and where more likely to be saying the staff found an under the radar guy or a kid with upside and potential. But now, because the kids are telling us to kick rocks, the kids suck. Like I said, you can't make this **** up.

Agree -- Plus what a lot of posters are failing to realize is that when the coaches make good evaluations, the early commit 3 stars become the higher ranked 4 stars just because the rankings get refined over the course of the year and people catch on. Some of the 3 stars who we've lost are quality players I would like to keep in the class.

Agree -- Plus what a lot of posters are failing to realize is that when the coaches make good evaluations, the early commit 3 stars become the higher ranked 4 stars just because the rankings get refined over the course of the year and people catch on. Some of the 3 stars who we've lost are quality players I would like to keep in the class.

Besides Pierre, who the coaches tried to keep, who?

Advertisement
Besides Pierre, who the coaches tried to keep, who?

Talented 3 stars that we've lost that I think deserve a spot in the class are Pierre, Brown (not sure as to OL or DL, but guys his size who can carry his weight are worth keeping around), and Cunningham. If grades/character are significant reasons for losing those guys, I get it, but I'm not celebrating it.

I also think current 3 stars in our class that are vastly underrated and will end the cycle as 4 stars are Sam Brooks, Marcus Crowley, Cameron Williams (3 star on 247), and maybe Larry Hodges.

Optics are horrible for who? Who the **** besides you is whining and crying and bit&&& about this? Like literally no one cares besides the dummies on this forum. Brown and Pierre will be just fine. They'll go to schools that they want to go to and that want them. No one will remember this in a year or two. You're throwing a ****y fit for nothing.

Georgia just forced a Dade commit out on his official freaking visit. Do you think anyone else cares about this? Do you think it hurt their recruiting? Tyson Campbell watched his good friend get screwed over by UGA and committed to UGA with a giant smile on his face. Divaad Wilson saw his own freaking teammate get screwed over and did nothing but rush to join his UGA buddies.

None of this matters in the long run...you're either trolling or too sensitive to this stuff.

Lol. If you think this doesn't matter, you are either as stupid as you sound, or you are hands down the biggest blind homer. Trying to say that 10 decommitments over a few months is not a big deal is as dumb as a comment as I have read on this site.

Based on your posting history, it's clearly a combination of both. How are the unicorns and rainbows in that fantasy world of yours?

Yes sir. But those wearing there orange and green goggles will tell you otherwise.

No, each on their merit. There are 3* that I would cry about. The rest seem to be under rated sf studs.

Brown was no surprise or irreplaceable. I would have preferred him in the class as a developmental prospect, but sounds like this was either mutual or Brown resolved he did not want to play oline. Apparently the staff had no interest in him as a DT...based only on reports from tos.
I may be wrong, never saw nothing but a few highlights, but I thought he was that powerful big body DT that we have needed more of forever! I don't know what happened from either side, but dropping or slow playing this kid is not what we needed. We ain't at that level where we slow play any DT.

Advertisement
Back