Remember When The BOT

I've also heard rumblings that they might be going back to using the 4-3 base a lot more next year.

LOL

So, after four years of running that ineffective Al Groh 3-4 2 gap patty cake defense, they now want us to believe that they are going to shift to a 4-3?

The "I've heard rumblings" is a dead giveaway this ****** is a troll fake insider. Didn't they just band a couple fakes yesterday? STG and some other slug? This is just one of their other accounts.

Of course it is. These asshats are trying to quell the filthy uneducated masses through a campaign of misinformation. UM is a disgrace.

Fck UM in the eyes!

And that's coming from a double alum who hasn't missed a game in 70 years.

Advertisement
If you'll notice, every comment from hurricanesforever is "liked" by another December 2014 new member "northeast canes". Could it be more obvious?

No way Golden wins the coastal next year. If he couldn't do it with this roster, next year is going to be impossible. The guy is a 1st class hack!

Just letting you know what their meaning of improvement is

Not directed at you, just saying I think there's about a snow balls chance in **** this guy goes 6-6 next year.

To be honest, based off the players and not the coaches the team next year might actually be better from a talent standpoint. We lose Dorsett but get back Rashawn Scott. We do lose Duke but Gus/Yearby along with the new freshmen RBs are a fine replacement. Dobard is VERY talented and can replace Walford. Dobard has much better upside. On defense we do lose Perryman but we get back Muhammed. We get Jenkins back to replace Fentress who everyone seemed to adore :nba-wade_amused-amu

Essentially the team next year are depending on 2 and only 2 things if the team wants to win anything north of 6 games. The staff is essentially putting all their eggs in Kaaya's basket. The team is his, and only his.

The second part will be Wyche and Hertleou. I've also heard rumblings that they might be going back to using the 4-3 base a lot more next year.

Of course it all goes to naught if these players will not be coached up correctly.

On point

two new accounts showing support for the direction of the program? i smell a mole or two

This posted on CS from TGPlayer who is a booster... Some known / suspected info but still really good info:

"First and foremost, hats off to Jim and the rest of the basketball staff for the job they've done with all facets of that program. Great student involvement, great player development, great recruiting, great game day coaching, etc. Everyone in that building knew that they were attending a game being played at a very high, nearly elite level.

The AD held a very nice moment of silence in honor of Edna Shalala who passed away yesterday at the age of 103. As we did not go up to the box, we didn't see President Shalala (if she was there at all), but it was a nice tribute.

Despite the stellar passion, hustle, coaching, and play on display last night, it seemed that the football program was on the tip of EVERYONE's tongue in the Hurricane 100 room. Blake came by to do his usual glad-handing, and did not look good. Several other assistant AD's were all toting party-line, which is something to the effect of:

"We know the situation sucks, we're not happy either, but we can't stay on the 4-5 year hamster wheel of swapping in and out coaches...let's GIVE IT TIME."

To say that none of us were particularly encouraged by these sentiments is a gross understatement. Everyone saw through the BS and basically said, as AG once did, "are you kidding me?"

Here is some information, unverified, gleaned from several conversations yesterday:

1) The AD knows that the football program is a bad place right now
2) The football progarm is full of "toxicity" and no one is coming to work with a smile on their face in the FB offices
3) Kelly Golden is VERY unhappy with the situation at Miami and/or continuing to live in Miami
4) Realistically, the Goldens probably want out sooner rather than later
5) Realistically, the AD wants out sooner rather than later
6) The hefty buyout is a huge obstacle to getting movement RIGHT NOW
7) General consensus among the boosters and few trustees from which I got info was that pretty much everyone wants him gone
8) It looks like the powers that be, despite wanting him gone, are biding their time hoping that Kelly wanting out and AG knowing how small of a margin for error there will be next year's record will push AG to resign on his own and take another gig somewhere else
9) Everyone knows that Coley is an asset, D'Onofrio is a liability

Also, had a great time spending time with the basketball coaches after the game. Great coaches and, across the board, really good people."

#6 means the Athletic Dept wants separation from AG also.

Advertisement
3) Kelly Golden is VERY unhappy with the situation at Miami and/or continuing to live in Miami

this is HUGE

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hopefully that alone will get the job done, there's no way al is going to spend his day getting harassed by every cane fan he runs into and then go home to his wife b*tching and whining to get the *** out

just leave al you embecile just ***ing leave you dont need another job you got 5 million coming your way for doing sh*t but running recruits into the ground and ruining futures

just ***ing leave you @sshole

This posted on CS from TGPlayer who is a booster... Some known / suspected info but still really good info:

Despite the stellar passion, hustle, coaching, and play on display last night, it seemed that the football program was on the tip of EVERYONE's tongue in the Hurricane 100 room. Blake came by to do his usual glad-handing, and did not look good. Several other assistant AD's were all toting party-line, which is something to the effect of:

"We know the situation sucks, we're not happy either, but we can't stay on the 4-5 year hamster wheel of swapping in and out coaches...let's GIVE IT TIME."

To say that none of us were particularly encouraged by these sentiments is a gross understatement. Everyone saw through the BS and basically said, as AG once did, "are you kidding me?"

Here is some information, unverified, gleaned from several conversations yesterday:

2) The football progarm is full of "toxicity" and no one is coming to work with a smile on their face in the FB offices
7) General consensus among the boosters and few trustees from which I got info was that pretty much everyone wants him gone
8) It looks like the powers that be, despite wanting him gone, are biding their time hoping that Kelly wanting out and AG knowing how small of a margin for error there will be next year's record will push AG to resign on his own and take another gig somewhere else

Also, had a great time spending time with the basketball coaches after the game. Great coaches and, across the board, really good people."

I can verify all of this as these are the conversations I've had with assistant ADs and other Golden Canes.

This is why I was hoping for a successful season so someone would take this loser off our hands and pay us to do it. Unfortunately, he stepped on his own miniscule choad.

The university has to suck it up, admit that they made a mistake and move forward.

"First and foremost, hats off to Jim and the rest of the basketball staff for the job they've done with all facets of that program. Great student involvement, great player development, great recruiting, great game day coaching, etc. Everyone in that building knew that they were attending a game being played at a very high, nearly elite level.

The AD held a very nice moment of silence in honor of Edna Shalala who passed away yesterday at the age of 103. As we did not go up to the box, we didn't see President Shalala (if she was there at all), but it was a nice tribute.

A festering wound does not heal itself.

Everyone wants him out, yet no one is willing to pull the trigger? BS! Sounds like Bend, Don't Break. And I thought Donna had sufficient ********s to put Goldie out of his misery.

Obviously that buyout money is sufficient compensation for Goldie's pride and self-respect to have been stripped. That makes him a ***** of the lowest level.

I've said it 8 million times, they will take into account the shapiro stuff and Randy's performance here. That said, neither of those are viable excuses for losing to pitt and uva. We'll see if Al wants to keep his job, if he's here next year and we have the same exact staff he's not going to survive anything less than a 10 win season with at least a coastal title if not an ACC title.

Advertisement
Hoping for a resolution sooner than later! The quicker they cut this ******* the better for our recruiting class. On a positive note, one thing I've picked up on from all of this is our administrators and boosters have realized their faults in going cheap for coaches. It's been the one consistency throughout all these bad hires. I'd be willing to bet the next hire will be with an appropriate paycheck. Got to spend money to make money!

I've said it 8 million times, they will take into account the shapiro stuff and Randy's performance here. That said, neither of those are viable excuses for losing to pitt and uva. We'll see if Al wants to keep his job, if he's here next year and we have the same exact staff he's not going to survive anything less than a 10 win season with at least a coastal title if not an ACC title.

Keep saying it because nothing you say on this board has any credibility

LRG, still blaming the black guy from 5 years ago as a reason why his hero can't win more than 6 games with 10 NFL draft picks.

I've seen a couple porsters mention how Golden would need to win the Coastal next year in order to survive. Go f*** yourselves.

Winning the Coastal was the bare minimum expectation from this fan base heading into Golden's fourth year. Not only was he unable to get the job done, we finished tied for last in the weakest division among the Power 5.

There is zero percent chance of this a**hole winning double-digit games, beating FSU, and winning the ACC next year. But that would be the new expectation for any coach in Year 5 of their tenure at Miami. Sick and tired of seeing some fans continuing to lower the bar because of what Golden and this administration have done to our program.

Advertisement
I can;t wait for seven wins next year to be touted as an improvement and clear proof that UM is again #trendingup.

the race angle to this situation is nonsense. how many schools have even hired a black HFC? personally I have concluded they should fire golden now but the two situations were different. randy didn't inherit a team under ncaa investigation. whether you agree or not that it justifies giving golden more time, it undeniably makes the two situations different enough to justify different treatment. again I am not defending golden. I am defending the school against the absurd racist smear campaign.

btw if you think the school is racist why would you root for the teams? I know I don't root for teams from Alabama or Mississippi for that reason.

Last edited:
The issues at Miami go deeper than just the football coach. Donna and her flunkie ADs and these coward BOT members have destroyed this program. Since Donna has taken over she hasn't done a single this right when it comes to the football program. Cheap hire after cheap hire. She wiped her *** with OB and stuff us in this prison of the contract at No Life Stadium, **** near 30 miles away from campus.

These bums lucked out with Coach L but I have no faith in lightning striking twice and them getting it right and bring in the right guy for football. This program will continue to be a dumpster fire as long as these idiots are in charge.

Advertisement
Ok now this guy saying they like golden, this other dude in another thread saying they cant stand him, and its a money issue, I WANT THE TRUTH DAMMIT!!!!!

Ok now this guy saying they like golden, this other dude in another thread saying they cant stand him, and its a money issue, I WANT THE TRUTH DAMMIT!!!!!

I don't know who the other guy is but TG is a straight up guy and I would roll with what he's saying. UM has an emergency fund which would easily cover the buyout so it's more likely what TG says.

There's zero doubt in my mind that Shannon got fired so fast because he was kind of unlikeable, gave bad press conferences, and wasn't able to coalesce a group of nutty supporters around him. A lot of these "fans" didn't like him because he wasn't some slick talking white boy. That, and he sucked.

Golden sucks but he created a cult based on his binder and his Big Boo from Orange is the New Black haircut.

Advertisement
Back