Remember this name

Advertisement
Best times of my life....
So we used always have upper seating and as a young kid I didn't care as long as I was there. Then my brother decided it was time to get as close to the ring as possible so we got second row. The guy with the wood 2by4 (I think Haksaw Duggins was his name) came out and took on Kerry Sulivan and we saw the punches completely missing and then saw the little packet of blood used on his head and that was the last time we ever watched wrestling again. We were too young to realize it was that fake. But I saw some amazing matches.

After getting robbed by the officials against Carol City River got offered by South Carolina.

I used to go see Dusty and Blackjack Sullivan at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Blackjack Mulligan and Kevin Sullivan??? Me too at the Convention Center. Ric Flair, Andre the Giant, Nikolai Volkoff, Pak Sung, Gordon Solie all were there and more... as a kid I watched Championship Wrestling from Florida religiously. Did you grow up on the Beach too?

Blackjack Mulligan and Kevin Sullivan??? Me too at the Convention Center. Ric Flair, Andre the Giant, Nikolai Volkoff, Pak Sung, Gordon Solie all were there and more... as a kid I watched Championship Wrestling from Florida religiously. Did you grow up on the Beach too?

Nope grew up in North Miami. Went to school with Earl Little. Remember the old Knight Center wrestling events in Downtown? Fun times....

Advertisement
That’s some of the ****iest **** **** I’ve ever heard
Business decision. If he wanted to go to OU and didn't get it he may still love them even if he played for OK St. I dont think those rivalries are as vile as those on the east coast.

So we used always have upper seating and as a young kid I didn't care as long as I was there. Then my brother decided it was time to get as close to the ring as possible so we got second row. The guy with the wood 2by4 (I think Haksaw Duggins was his name) came out and took on Kerry Sulivan and we saw the punches completely missing and then saw the little packet of blood used on his head and that was the last time we ever watched wrestling again. We were too young to realize it was that fake. But I saw some amazing matches.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan. LOL Great times!!!

Miami Beach was Boris Maxmilaonovich "The Great" Malanko's lucky city.

Advertisement
Mehh, kid hit the hole pulling and blindsided him. Anyone can do that to an unsuspecting person. Let me know when it is head to head

Looked to me like he made clean contact square then turned his man out (and to the ground). That's a good play on a P5 LB with solid size.
The only suspect move on the play is what's happening with the cheap high/low combo block on the near hash around the 40.

Those were the Golden days of wrestling. I used to watch Championship Wrestling from Florida every Saturday, too.

Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Black Jack Mulligan, Barry Windham, Chief Wahoo McDaniel, Abdullah the Butcher, Kevin Sullivan, Terry Funk, Mike Rotunda, the Briscoe’s, Kendo Nagasaki, and so many other legendary wrestlers. I had the popcorn ready every week.

My dad used to tell me that it was all staged and I used to get so mad. Until of course I got a little older and discovered this to be true. Still some great memories, though.

Those were the Golden days of wrestling. I used to watch Championship Wrestling from Florida every Saturday, too.

Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Black Jack Mulligan, Barry Windham, Chief Wahoo McDaniel, Abdullah the Butcher, Kevin Sullivan, Terry Funk, Mike Rotunda, the Briscoe’s, Kendo Nagasaki, and so many other legendary wrestlers. I had the popcorn ready every week.

My dad used to tell me that it was all staged and I used to get so mad. Until of course I got a little older and discovered this to be true. Still some great memories, though.

The moment we got ringside seats it was all over. Seeing every punch miss made me realize I was wasting my time going to these events. LOL

Advertisement

Don’t forget the Von Erichs, Great Muta, Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Magnum TA.

Don’t forget the Von Erichs, Great Muta, Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Magnum TA.

The Von Erich family history is such a tragic one. Can’t imagine the pain that the family had to go through losing David, Mike, Chris and Kerry in such tragic circumstances. A great wrestling family.

I also forgot to mention The Great Kabuki and Sabu. Sabu is the craziest, highest risk, entertaining wrestler that I ever saw live. The height that he got off of his leaps from the top rope was freakish. Dude put his life on the line every time he went out there, no joke.

Advertisement
River Brazil

He's my sons close friend and my good buddy's kid. He's 6'4 260 at the age of 16. He's the starting left guard for Chaminade. He' sent me a video of him pancaking Ruben Hypolite. He absolutely destroys him. He also went up against Hypolites 4 star teammate (forgot the name) and held his own and then some. Kids is going to be recruited by everyone. He's half Indian. Dad is a huge Oklahoma fan and played ball for Oklahoma St. He hangs out with the UM recruits from his team at Dania pier fishing all the time.
Indian as in Native American? Or Bombay type Indian? If the former, he gone...Boomer Sooner

Serious question for anyone who played ball. If you get a full ride to Harvard to you take over other power 5 offers? How do you weigh the two?

Advertisement
Back