Remember This Headline From October?

The young WRs caught Covid right when they were about to get more playing time.

They should have been playing more anyway, so this is not to absolve the coaches. But it was a subtle bit of bad luck.
Wasn't that a while ago? I would love to know how Cooney has managed to consolidate this much power over two different OCs and WR coaches. It makes no sense.

Advertisement
The young WRs caught Covid right when they were about to get more playing time.

They should have been playing more anyway, so this is not to absolve the coaches. But it was a subtle bit of bad luck.
Dee Wiggins and Mork Pape's doing. They're craftier than you think benches be damned.

I don't buy it.

If you're a freshman, you have to take it. Your skills have to be undeniable and you have to TAKE the job. It's not handed to you.

Obviously Wiggins, Pope and Harley are out-performing Smith, Redding and X on the practice field—which leads to the mindset that if guys are getting beat on the practice field, who is to assume they're game-ready?

Wiggins, Pope and Harley had "improved" over the past few months and have been slow-start guys who came along later in game.

I'm not a fan of any of them or their play, and I feel they've all completely underachieved at UM—but I'm also not of the belief that underclassmen who can't beat them out or TAKE the job from them are any more the answer.

Greentree used to be a place where guys played through injuries as one missed practice could have you outshined and your job taken overnight—again, they key word TAKEN—not "given".

Time for more alphas inside the walls of this program—guys who TAKE jobs, not guys who want it handed to them when other guys are just average.
In his FIRST PLAY Key Smith made a diving grab that Wiggins and Pope can only dream of doing. To give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt is the most preposterous thing I've seen on this site but now you're telling me you're not even watching the games.

Mods please ban this guy immediately.

We are more worried of looking like winners than actually doing what needs to be done to win.. The university is happy as heck to get 8 wins, cash whatever checks the acc gives them and have no news in media.. That is a banner year for them.. As long as majority of fans dont cause uproar we can do that forever and that they will be happy.. They can put building champions on their twitter and ask for more donations while having cheap unqualified corches

Brother; I knew we were screwed when ppl kept saying “8-1 bro.” I made a thread about rocking w/ this team til the wheels fall off, but I also said the wheels were barely on. Imo, as mentioned in another thread, this was a worst case scenario b/c of the things u mentioned. 8 is better than 6, right?

Who cares we set another historic loss in school history, 2 yrs in a row. 8 is better than 6.

Who cares that upperclassmen continue to play over guys who better than them. 8 is better than 6.

Who cares that in year 6 of Diaz being here, we still can’t find stud LBs or ANY TRUE CB that wanna play here. 8 is better than 6.

The fact we have to continue to portal watch to fill holes on this team on the OL, DE, WR, CB, and LB position, in year 6 going on year 7.....8 is better than 6.

It’s absolutely sickening. We went from a program where if we won 11 games & no national title, it was considered a failure, to E before W’s and 8 is better than 6. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Smith is ALWAYS open. Gassing whoever covers him. And he catches the ball. I saw Pope take a screen w/ open green & the guy runs like he has baby legs. Wiggins has all that natural, god given ability, just to trick it off. Redding should be our 1st chain mover. He shows a good ability to box out and catch. But Smith??? Mr 88??? I have no idea why he’s not getting more burn. He has a 2nd gear & HE CAN CATCH!!
Dude beats anyone he faces. I been saying since Clemson he has get more snaps than Wiggins. That jump ball he dropped was pathetic.

I am convinced Pope's legs and the rest of his body don't communicate. I have never seen a goofier looking athlete

but the result is the same
They haven't failed, they've just found 10,000 ways not to succeed.

If Manny is the analytics guy, he'll have to see that failure to make clutch plays is important. Whether or not he will, who knows.

Brother; I knew we were screwed when ppl kept saying “8-1 bro.” I made a thread about rocking w/ this team til the wheels fall off, but I also said the wheels were barely on. Imo, as mentioned in another thread, this was a worst case scenario b/c of the things u mentioned. 8 is better than 6, right?

Who cares we set another historic loss in school history, 2 yrs in a row. 8 is better than 6.

Who cares that upperclassmen continue to play over guys who better than them. 8 is better than 6.

Who cares that in year 6 of Diaz being here, we still can’t find stud LBs or ANY TRUE CB that wanna play here. 8 is better than 6.

The fact we have to continue to portal watch to fill holes on this team on the OL, DE, WR, CB, and LB position, in year 6 going on year 7.....8 is better than 6.

It’s absolutely sickening. We went from a program where if we won 11 games & no national title, it was considered a failure, to E before W’s and 8 is better than 6. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Its the Al Golden play of drop the standards sooo low that when you go over it looks like improvement, meanwhile you go look at the defense when Manny got here and the talent level seems to be dropping, he is not replacing the talent and we need to hit the portal to fill in every level of defense?! Dline, LB, DB?! Wtf.. Lose a bunch of games to GT, FIU, duke, La tech, drop the bar soo low that now historic losses to UNC, clemson and a mediocre *** osu is seen as trending up! Bama on deck

Advertisement
You got to be typing from the hecht right now if you believe something will change, but good on you man..
LOL. No, but just like last season, I hope he sees a change is required and does something. I'm going to place my trust in @Cribby. He says be patient.

Of course.. Lol.. Even after 10 drop they cant make a change? We are the nicest team in america, we cant bench players, get rid of corches, AD, nothing.. Everyone gets to hold on to their spots at Miami.. Manny is already doing the Golden, drop the bar soo low then when you are just terrible it is looked at as improvement.. We are terrible.. lose 7 games so 3 losses against crap schedule looks like improvement.. Been saying it, Bring in more transfers because we cant develop, conveniently everyone caught covid all season

Hey, but we have Equality printed across the back of our helmets....
....that should count for something

SJWs and Hecht pussies are happy, yeh!!!

LOL. No, but just like last season, I hope he sees a change is required and does something. I'm going to place my trust in @Cribby. He says be patient.
Unless the change is at the tip top and we clean out the hecht with the dreg they are pushing, any changes is shuffling the deck and playing on the band of titanic..

Advertisement
Unless the change is at the tip top and we clean out the hecht with the dreg they are pushing, any changes is shuffling the deck and playing on the band of titanic..
We all know it starts with the AD. I don't see that changing any time soon. If it does, it will probably be a clean sweep when Manny's time has run out.

In his FIRST PLAY Key Smith made a diving grab that Wiggins and Pope can only dream of doing. To give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt is the most preposterous thing I've seen on this site but now you're telling me you're not even watching the games.

Mods please ban this guy immediately.
Chris is a good dude and blogger. No need for a ban.

If Manny is the analytics guy, he'll have to see that failure to make clutch plays is important. Whether or not he will, who knows.

Problem is that he keeps finding more ways....

Advertisement

I held out hope that Manny could morph into a ceo type coach, but once I saw Manny slap Pope's hand after the drop, reality bytch slapped me in the face and I finally realized Manny is not the guy. And until there is a new AD...

This;

My grandma is really into politics, she continues to believe false hopes & promises despite what her eyes see. Her heart overtakes her mind b/c she still believes.

Per the “Pope” thread, we now appear to be in the political affairs of Miami football. My brothers are hanging on to quotes made by our AD & our coaching staff, allowing to deceive what their eyes are seeing.

We have heard this rhetoric about the best players playing, player accountability, leadership, etc for quite some time, but the fact is that’s not what we see. Seniority is given precedence over talent. Harley, Hall all muff punts on several occasions, yet they are still used.

I learned not to listen to such headlines. It’s all to just pacify & shut up any donors, boosters, season tickets holders so they don’t make any noise. Even if something changes, it literally changes for one game.

“8-1 bro”

“8-3 is better than 6-7 that’s progress”

These are Miami footballs version of, “don’t believe you’re lying eyes.”

I held out hope that Manny could morph into a ceo type coach, but once I saw Manny slap Pope's hand after the drop, reality bytch slapped me in the face and I finally realized Manny is not the guy. And until there is a new AD...
I suppose it's always possible, but it will depend on what happens to the defense.

That hand slap annoyed me, but I've been around a lot of management styles and I've seen effective managers who wouldn't ever get angry on the spot, they'd just take action when the heat was off.

Who knows if that will happen.

preach bruh! you ain't lyin

Advertisement
Back