Remember This Headline From October?

Smoke and mirrors. Pope and Wiggins out there getting manhandled. Pushed into kicking nets and however else the DBs wanted to abuse them. Meanwhile, Smith comes in and makes a catch (out of bounds) that neither have made in 4 seasons.

Advertisement
I suppose it's always possible, but it will depend on what happens to the defense.

That hand slap annoyed me, but I've been around a lot of management styles and I've seen effective managers who wouldn't ever get angry on the spot, they'd just take action when the heat was off.

Who knows if that will happen.
But it was more than the slap, on Mccloud's possible tip ball, why not throw the red flag, you're the HC, show some fight. Football is confrontational, Manny is too passive and is not a leader.

And as fans we are left hoping Manny hires strong OC/DC's to make up for his short comings. Has this model ever worked in football?

But it was more than the slap, on Mccloud's possible tip ball, why not throw the red flag, you're the HC, show some fight. Football is confrontational, Manny is too passive and is not a leader.

And as fans we are left hoping Manny hires strong OC/DC's to make up for his short comings. Has this model ever worked in football?
The flag should have been thrown, plain and simple.

This was the year to get freshmen experience. There's no redshirting this year. UNC's defense will be good for years to come. Mack Brown got his freshmen in game situations unlike Manny.

View attachment 139290

That's a direct quote from the Mindy Project after the abomination that was Dee F Wiggins and Mork Dope's performances in the Clemson and Pittsburgh games. The result of said quote? F and Dope have started every single game as if they're one of the best players on our team.

Fast forward to last night, and after not one but two huge drops, Wiggins is finally benched for Smith, who in one play makes a grab that Wiggins probably thought only happened in the movies, and that finally means it's over right? We'll never see Wiggins again? Wrong! He's right back out there the next ******* drive.

That quote tells us everything about lil' Mindy. He knows there are things wrong with the team but he's too chicken **** to do something about it. Expect Baker to be retained...
Problem was right after that all the other WR options got Covid or out because of tracing.

Advertisement

Not for nothing, I’m pretty sure college coaches don’t have red flags to challenge.

I said it immediately after the Clemson game, you will know the next week what type of coach/leader Manny is by how much Pope/Wigs/Harley play. Manny doesn’t have it in him, he wants to be Brohs with the players. Redding and Smith haven’t dropped a ball thrown to them. They flash immediately when they are on the field. I give Harley credit, as someone else said, he did step up at least and made plays the last half of the season. He can’t break a tackle for **** but he started catching the ball at least. ******* disgrace Pope/Wigs get more targets than Mallory, un****ingbelievable.

Reading about Cooney’s pull over Manny told me all I need to know about his character. Much like his daddy, he’s a politician first and foremost and that’s such an integral part of who he is that we shouldn’t expect him to change.

It’s disheartening when you realize that he isn’t the guy and we’re yet another rebuild away from competing for the Playoffs. ****, we’re not even in the same universe as Clemson, so competing for conference championships also feels far away at this point.

At least Harley rose to the challenge. Pope and Wiggins I just don't know why a QB would even want to throw to them knowing they'll drop it.

Right. We should just send Pope and Wiggins long on EVERY PLAY and then let everyone else run shorter routes. Takes 2 DBs out of the picture and gives our TEs room to run.

Advertisement
The young WRs caught Covid right when they were about to get more playing time.

They should have been playing more anyway, so this is not to absolve the coaches. But it was a subtle bit of bad luck.

Your thoughts on Blake James would be great. How about the BOTs? Do you not see the obvious REAL issue with our program?

Right. We should just send Pope and Wiggins long on EVERY PLAY and then let everyone else run shorter routes. Takes 2 DBs out of the picture and gives our TEs room to run.
At the very minimum it would wear out a couple of DBs by the fourth quarter.

Why is Smith still riding the bench? It's truly baffling and the definition of insanity. I keep saying this, but I've never seen two players get as many chances as Pope and Wiggins.

View attachment 139290

That's a direct quote from the Mindy Project after the abomination that was Dee F Wiggins and Mork Dope's performances in the Clemson and Pittsburgh games. The result of said quote? F and Dope have started every single game as if they're one of the best players on our team.

Fast forward to last night, and after not one but two huge drops, Wiggins is finally benched for Smith, who in one play makes a grab that Wiggins probably thought only happened in the movies, and that finally means it's over right? We'll never see Wiggins again? Wrong! He's right back out there the next ******* drive.

That quote tells us everything about lil' Mindy. He knows there are things wrong with the team but he's too chicken **** to do something about it. Expect Baker to be retained...
This is partly why Diaz won't likely succeed here.

Advertisement
These are Lashlee and Likens’ decisions. Not Manny’s. He trusts those guys to run the offense how they want to. One could argue he should’ve made the decision for them after the drop to not play Wiggins, but it’s Lashlee’s offense. He controls all those decisions, along with his position coaches.

Advertisement
Diaz has no accountability. McCloud, WR’s, Carter, Coaches, etc., all get passes because he plays favorites. This isn’t how you build an elite program.
This.. it reminds me of the Shannon days, when he refused to replace Cook at MLB.

Advertisement
Back