Remember that one time

He was referring to my post from last month. In it, I said we weren't getting Slaton, Herbert, Henderson or Edwards.

It looks like we may swap Herbert for McFarland.

Thomas and Harley are both most likely coming and that's great. But the fact is if we don't get Henderson and Edwards, Richt faltered down the stretch.

A month ago Henderson and Edwards were UF locks, now they are leaning Canes. Even if they don't stick, how the **** is that faltering down the stretch?

Edwards was never a UF lock stop the alternative facts

A lock to go to UL or UF. Nobody had him going here. Same principle applies.

That's not true. Miami has always been right there, even after he decommitted.
I'll take the L on Edwards the. But point on Hendo remains.

Advertisement
Pete sold the board a bill of goods and they bought it like suckers.

Wonder if you're still going to be on this site next week and admit you were wrong.

If we end up losing out on Smith, McFarland, Slaton, Edwards and Henderson I wasn't wrong.

Stop with Slaton. He eliminated anyone who wanted him to play O-line. He's irrelevant for the sake of the discussion. You left out Herbert and he's relevant. The whole world thought McFarland was coming so you pointing that out and taking shots at Pete over it looks ridiculous. I see you left out Harley and Thomas too. Do they not count?

He was referring to my post from last month. In it, I said we weren't getting Slaton, Herbert, Henderson or Edwards.

It looks like we may swap Herbert for McFarland.

Thomas and Harley are both most likely coming and that's great. But the fact is if we don't get Henderson and Edwards, Richt faltered down the stretch.

I was in no way referring to a post from a month ago. I can't even keep you straight from NYCane or whatever dudes name is so no way I'm remembering something you said from even a week ago. I'm talking about you just acting like Pete is a trash reporter which is utter bull****. Petes doesn't generally say were getting these guys, but he has previously implied we'd get Harley, Thomas, McFarland, Herbert, Edwards, Henderson (edit: and he explicitly states it here). He has not really said anything positive about Smith except for something along the lines of we're at the table or some other ****. So my question is since you love talking trash so much are you willing to stamp your name on it like Pete does? He like literally everyone was wrong about McFarland (although as soon as he postponed Pete basically said this dudes not coming), and he was right about Herbert. And it looks like he's going to be right about everyone else.

What I propose is If Pete is correct about all of them signing here on NSD you either have to change your name to "Pete's B.I.T.C.H" until fall camp begins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
smh...free service guys FREE SERVICE. Give it a break please.

I wish they'd kick some of these Bîtches off the board for ingratitude.

200. Instead of infractions for derailing threads, give them for ingratitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. That would be funny...and it should be posted for all to see who was admonished for bratty behavior.

It's become like a toys r us around here with kids not getting the toys they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Pete didn't promise this board Smith. Everyone knew Smith was a long shot. And we all knew about McFarland in the last week.

CJ, Edwards, and Harley are still in play. Can things change between now and Wednesday? Sure.

But jesus, ya'll are quick to knock Pete down a notch. But as soon as you crack whores need some recruiting information, you come graveling back to ol Petey. Pa thetic.

Slurp slurp

I'm feeling good right now as we speak with two quality CB prospects and Two quality Safety prospects in the house. We have three possibles for Wednesday. My question is this. If we get the three what the heck are we going to tell the insane db class next year two of which are already committed. Of course that's a good problem to have so if we lose one of the three the future is bright anyway. Are any of these guys in the same league with Frierson,Jobe, and Blades?

Last edited:
Advertisement
you lol that's what's funny. dude who wants to hear that crap, so what, who cares if edwards leave, henderson decommited, devonta was a long shot, nothing is guaranteed with these kids today. but you coming on hear lol ing like its a joke someone wants to hear. go on your other site you know the one with orange and blue and lol with them about losing most of their recruits one week away. oh and by the way smith and macfarland wasn't commited to us, edwards henderson moved on long time ago so in my opinion its nothing to lose.

These die hard mopes need their own sub forum sponsored by Tampax.

We should be able to question **** when it's deserved, but to just post drivel on here day after day about how much we suck is so ******* insufferable. These ****ers just want to be able to bump positive threads down the road just to say "I told you so."

Remember also that when Pete or anybody in the know says "he comin" that simply means "he told the COACHES he comin." That's the best info we're gonna get. Nobody comin until Wednesday.

I thought when Pete says "he comin", he means that he is coming to Twin Peaks.

Advertisement
One one hand, the majority of the posts here said we would clean up on signing day. On the other, Awsi Dooger suggested that was wishful thinking.

We'll see who comes closer to the truth.

Admittedly I don't follow this recruiting stuff closely. I apply generalities. That's by far the easiest way to be correct more often than not. If you have a sense of the overall strength of a program at a given point in time, then it's easy to assign every characteristic to that level or nearby. A team in our current slotting is not likely to win every major decision or lose all of them. We've been 8-4 level for quite a while so the coaching and recruiting and everything else is probably in that range also. That's the way I look at things. For betting purposes, in particular, it is invaluable. You get a steady positive grind without much angst or second guessing.

The other method is to evaluate every situation, every variable, on its own merit. That is by far the most popular method. It's very rare for a young person to accept or understand any other approach. It's also by far the most satisfying method when everything clicks. There is tremendous euphoria and arrogance in knowing you subjectively swept the board. But then the problems arise. You expect to do it again. And again. Lotsa luck with that. It's extreme rarity to have special insight that attaches year after year and situation after situation. On boards like this there is also a natural home bias, so virtually everything is slanted toward benefit of a doubt toward the Canes. That shows up in predicting the won/loss record or recruiting results.

I realize I'm not particularly popular here or on other fan base boards, since I refuse to conform. But heck, when the Canes were on top I certainly wasn't defaulting negative or reserved. Just the opposite. I was on the Stardust line telling the chief Nevada oddsmaker that he was nuts for failing to understand the talent level of the Canes program, or that the Orange Bowl was worth far more than the typical home venue. There were bargains galore on the Canes for years. I still kick myself for not taking greater advantage.

I hope we sweep everyone from here on out. I'm not surprised we apparently missed out on a couple of guys. There was too much pessimism three weeks ago and too much optimism 5 days ago. Next year at this time I'll probably have a similar theme, if our program is at the same general level. It's a huge leap from 10-20 range to top tier. Just look at the power ratings and that will be glaring. For example, in Jeff Sagarin's final ratings there was an 11 point gap between Clemson/Alabama and the third team. Clemson and Alabama were 105 then it plummeted to 94. That's why I've long emphasized that I'll start believing in the Canes when our preseason ranking is high. It will mean we have added that extra vital touchdown or 10 points to our power rating.

Last edited:
I can sum up the Awsi Dooger post for everyone: he knows everything and has never lost a bet.

But people will think just because he typed a wall of text that he actually said something profound.

I can sum up the Awsi Dooger post for everyone: he knows everything and has never lost a bet.

But people will think just because he typed a wall of text that he actually said something profound.

I didn't know what to make of that soliloquy.

Advertisement
Back