Remember Albert Jean-Louis?

Advertisement
"Quite simply, there are some guys who draw terrible luck in college, and ALJ was one of them. So by my estimates, he took his ball and went off for the NFL."

The Free Education in Boston College he would get if he stayed is going to be worth more than he makes in the NFL.

Unless you are a super freak, the NFL is going to question your character for leaving early especially after not playing. And with equal talent fighting for a roster spot, an NFL team is going to take the safer bet, and it's not going to be AJL.

Advertisement
Albert has a very close family, great kid. When he committed to Miami I went up to see him play at my old HS, talked to him many times, great kid. He could run better than a 4.5 but he was very very thin at the time. IMO, he should have stayed in school, he was a good player not great when I saw him.

Albert has a very close family, great kid. When he committed to Miami I went up to see him play at my old HS, talked to him many times, great kid. He could run better than a 4.5 but he was very very thin at the time. IMO, he should have stayed in school, he was a good player not great when I saw him.

Sounds like he lost favor with the coaching staff at BC.

How in the world did this guy have two years of eligibility left?

I feel like he graduated high school in 2008

Advertisement
No UM isn't... That has been stated before UF had a few for the past couple of years. FSU had Wilder this year... UCF had Storm... It happens everywhere...

Jaguars selected UCF RB Storm Johnson with the No. 222 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Oh my bad I thought he was an undrafted free agent... He should of stayed but he may have been drafted by the right team... They don't have a back...

No UM isn't... That has been stated before UF had a few for the past couple of years. FSU had Wilder this year... UCF had Storm... It happens everywhere...

Jaguars selected UCF RB Storm Johnson with the No. 222 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Oh my bad I thought he was an undrafted free agent... He should of stayed but he may have been drafted by the right team... They don't have a back...

I agree he shoukd have stayed. He actually went to the perfect team for him. Has a chance to make some noise.

Advertisement
38 of the 112 (or something like that it's 5:30am and I'm too lazy to find the stat) underclass men that declared went undrafted, including such high round projections as Anthony Johnson and Tiny Richardson. The NFL needs to take a page out of the NBA's book and leave these kids a window to head back to school later in the draft process after consulting with teams.

Players need to not be greedy and stupid too.

Doubt Wilder was an economics issue. More likely an eligibility, wore out his welcome issue.

They ARE* stupid though, and even the smart ones can fall prey easily to agents, the NFL draft board giving inflated grades, and the 24 hour news cycle that starts projecting these kids as 1st rounders when they are freshmen.

It's really easy to say "they should just listen to the right people and ignore the noise" but that is overly simplistic and reductive. A lot of these kids have weak support systems,or none at all, and it becomes really easy to fall in to the belief that you are worth more than you really are in the marketplace if it's ALL you are hearing from all sides.

After the combine, there should be a window where they can do individual team workouts and keep their remaining eligibility up until, say 3 weeks before the draft, as long as they don't retain an agent. I know it's not "the way it's always been done", but it would curb some of the power that agents have AND it would be another move on behalf of the players for the NCAA, which has a lot of ground to make up on that front.

*When I say they are all stupid, I mean that they are college kids. College kids are ******* dumb. They have little to no understanding of how the world works. I think of how utterly ignorant I was when I graduated...and I have a GREAT support system....and it makes me literally shake my head.

How would it work for roster spots for the College Teams?

I went to see him play at my old high school when he was committed to Miami. He was, I believe, a top 10 CB coming out that year. He comes from a pretty rough city (Brockton, MA) which is only about 20-30 minutes from BC. I'm not sure what kind of influences he had growing up, but it sounds like they got the better of him.

Advertisement
38 of the 112 (or something like that it's 5:30am and I'm too lazy to find the stat) underclass men that declared went undrafted, including such high round projections as Anthony Johnson and Tiny Richardson. The NFL needs to take a page out of the NBA's book and leave these kids a window to head back to school later in the draft process after consulting with teams.

Players need to not be greedy and stupid too.

Doubt Wilder was an economics issue. More likely an eligibility, wore out his welcome issue.

They ARE* stupid though, and even the smart ones can fall prey easily to agents, the NFL draft board giving inflated grades, and the 24 hour news cycle that starts projecting these kids as 1st rounders when they are freshmen.

It's really easy to say "they should just listen to the right people and ignore the noise" but that is overly simplistic and reductive. A lot of these kids have weak support systems,or none at all, and it becomes really easy to fall in to the belief that you are worth more than you really are in the marketplace if it's ALL you are hearing from all sides.

After the combine, there should be a window where they can do individual team workouts and keep their remaining eligibility up until, say 3 weeks before the draft, as long as they don't retain an agent. I know it's not "the way it's always been done", but it would curb some of the power that agents have AND it would be another move on behalf of the players for the NCAA, which has a lot of ground to make up on that front.

*When I say they are all stupid, I mean that they are college kids. College kids are ****ing dumb. They have little to no understanding of how the world works. I think of how utterly ignorant I was when I graduated...and I have a GREAT support system....and it makes me literally shake my head.

How would it work for roster spots for the College Teams?

I imagine the same it works for the basketball guys, who already have this system in place. It puts the universities at a disadvantage, but in reality is just one more wrinkle for coaches to adapt too. Would rather that a squad occasionally lose a spot or two due to this rule than for these kids to declare on bad information, then 1/3 go completely undrafted and be up ****'s creek.

If you go through the entire process, get told you're a 6th round pick by the teams doing the picking, and THEN stay in the draft and go unpicked...that's on you. Little sympathy from me. But the current system forces way too many rushed decisions based on faulty suppositions and completely empowers older, well educated, often very wealthy agents to pray on weak 20 and 21 year old kids.

Advertisement
Back