Reilly Gibbons transferring

If he wanted to come back and help us win games, yall would still say no?

My guess is his mother pushed him to Stanford. She's probably enamored of their law school.

University of California, Berkeley
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Cornell University
Duke University
Georgetown University
Harvard University
University of Michigan
New York University
Northwestern University
University of Pennsylvania
Stanford University
University of Virginia
Yale University

You might recognize this list. If you aspire to be a lawyer, and are talented enough to get a football scholarship, the decision is easy.

Yep. I recognize those law schools. Graduated from of them. With honors no less.

Look at me now. Spending my time here.

Also had colleagues from every one on that list.

Advertisement

My guess is his mother pushed him to Stanford. She's probably enamored of their law school.

University of Chicago
Columbia University
Cornell University
Duke University
Georgetown University
Harvard University
University of Michigan
New York University
Northwestern University
Stanford University
University of Virginia
Yale University

You might recognize this list. If you aspire to be a lawyer, and are talented enough to get a football scholarship, the decision is easy.

Yep. I recognize those law schools. Graduated from of them. With honors no less.

Some would put Texas or maybe UCLA on the list.

Makes it pretty apparent who was pushing him to Stanford. A teenager that wants to get away from home, and goes across the country to do so, doesn't run back home after a month.

If he wants to be a lawyer he's on his way. He already lied to and shafted two organizations that put their trust in him.

Any one who can't fight home sickness is a weak minded individual. I would never allow my child to transfer for such a soft shouldered reason. My dad always said if you are man enough to start something you better be man enough to finish it.

Lol.

Brilliant mentality there champ, hey my kids suffering but let's make him stick it out to suffer even more!

Advertisement
I'm struggling putting Stanford. And USF. In the same sentence.

Must be autocorrect since it should never happen.

University of Chicago
Columbia University
Cornell University
Duke University
Georgetown University
Harvard University
University of Michigan
New York University
Northwestern University
Stanford University
University of Virginia
Yale University

Didn't realize you could play football while at law school...must be a new program.

Advertisement
Man, some of you are tough. He's the first 18 year old kid to make a mistake? It's called growing up. He wasn't a thug, didn't commit a crime, didn't get kicked out of school for being a douche, breaking rules or doing drugs....he just chose the wrong school/situation. It's not the first and won't be the last. He was offered by Stanford, the top academic school out there that plays big time football. He was sold a dream by their coaches and got caught up in it. Months later, he realized he made a mistake and is looking to correct it.

I don't know the kid personally so i think it's ridiculous to comment on a kid being weak minded or a weak punk as someone stated. Really? Get a grip, especially if you're an adult. Do you even know the kid? Maybe you are a hardheaded @ss monkey with no respect for others. Do i have the slightest clue or the right to say that? No.....but if you can make assumption, why can't i? The only people who know that are those close to him. Then again, if he's as smart as it seems, he'll probably end up having a better job and better life than many of us on here, so no reason to feel bad for the kid.

What the kid and probably parents did to this program and coaches is utterly bull****. You don't give a commitment to a program/coaches and turn away from your commitment with only one week left in the recruiting period. This basically left the coaches no opportunity to replace him with another lineman. That decommittment can be felt today as Gibbons or another lineman recruit could be starting today due to the injuries. I hope you're not a poster who wants Golden gone but is protecting this kids decision. Basically your talking out of both sides of your mouth if this is the case. These guys have a job to do and that is win. If this happened to you if you owned a company, you would be extremely ****ed off.

Last edited:
Advertisement

University of Chicago
Columbia University
Cornell University
Duke University
Georgetown University
Harvard University
University of Michigan
New York University
Northwestern University
Stanford University
University of Virginia
Yale University

Got into every law school on the list except for 3 - Yale, Stanford, Penn

If he wants to be a lawyer he's on his way. He already lied to and shafted two organizations that put their trust in him.

As a lawyer, I won't criticize what you just said. I spent most of my career away from litigation. (Not all lawyers go to court). When I got involved in some litigation, I was shocked at the ethics, especially involving Justice Department lawyers. I've only been involved in civil litigation against the government, not criminal, but their mentality is the same. Win at all costs. The judges let them get away with it. It's not surprising--it seems most federal judges do have a pro-government bias. After all, they often are former DOJ attorneys. I've seen a lot of lying and deceit by DOJ attorneys. Unfortunately, most other people involved in the litigation system are afraid to complain to the disciplinary authorities or to the professional responsibility office of DOJ (staffed also by former Asst. U.S. Attorneys).

This has gotten off topic, but I don't have a very good opinion of many in my profession.

Advertisement
You're all being too rough on an 18 year old kid. It could be he never really wanted Stanford, but he was pushed by a parent. His mother's a lawyer, and for many lawyers you see stars when you think of Stanford. Really, going to an undergraduate school because of an illustrious graduate or professional program doesn't make all that much sense. it makes more sense to just do very well at whatever undergraduate school you attend and then try to get into the best grad/professional program you can. Going across country, trying to adapt to both major college football and a very competitive academic environment might be very difficult for a lot of young people. I can imagine I would have found it stressful and difficult.

If he was pushed by a parent, he/she probably feels terrible about it now. I would not criticize this kid. He (and maybe his parents) made a mistake. I hope they don't come over here and read this disgusting hate because it will make it worse. Unfortunately, as I read through thread after thread I've begun to feel I'm on a hate site, with all the venom about AG, some kids, etc., etc.

I have to sort through and try to come up with substantive football discussion.

Leave the kid alone. Parents of current recruits and commits are on this board. I'm sure they don't want to see this stuff. It will make them wonder what kind of fanbase they will have to endure in the future.

As I said, leave the kid alone.

Seriously how is this stupid *** thread still going on? game is in an hour and other threads about commmits aren't getting any love right now but this kid has everybodys attention? Wow

As a lawyer, I won't criticize what you just said. I spent most of my career away from litigation. (Not all lawyers go to court). When I got involved in some litigation, I was shocked at the ethics, especially involving Justice Department lawyers. I've only been involved in civil litigation against the government, not criminal, but their mentality is the same. Win at all costs. The judges let them get away with it. It's not surprising--it seems most federal judges do have a pro-government bias. After all, they often are former DOJ attorneys. I've seen a lot of lying and deceit by DOJ attorneys. Unfortunately, most other people involved in the litigation system are afraid to complain to the disciplinary authorities or to the professional responsibility office of DOJ (staffed also by former Asst. U.S. Attorneys).

This has gotten off topic, but I don't have a very good opinion of many in my profession.

As another lawyer and litigator, I totally agree. I've seen lawyers, judges, cops, and "experts" lie their *** off in court and sacrifice constitutional protections for "efficiency".

Advertisement
Back