Regret setting in for Francois?

Advertisement
Usc and Miami don't produce cause the sec has been playing an illegal game and bagging the fck out of sofla and the ie and SoCal while the ncaa and emmert look the other way. Sht ain’t got nothing to do with social media. Jeudy was going first round even if he played at fau. Social media is international and makes the world smaller.
why do you think everyone and their momma was shaking in their boots when the rumors of urban to usc came out? We put 3 stars in the league despite all our “distractions”.

Ignore it if you want, but it’s a thing.

Also, our 3 stars go to the league as 5 or 6th rounders. Our 4-5 stars go undrafted or go late. Guys at those others schools go rounds 1 or 2.

How many first rounders has Miami produced in the last 8 - 10 years? A fraction. How many second rounders? Minuscule.

SEC has been paying players forever...that’s nothing new.

The difference for USC and Miami, I believe, are location (far more distractions) coupled with the proliferation of social media. For example, snaps at glam clubs with celebs, buying bottles, way more hanger on’s by virtue of location, far for nevin’s. You find that stuff far more frequent in major cities and not college towns, and social media amplify that lifestyle (i.e., kids what to show off).

I suppose it was quite en vogue to trash the local team back in December, but the bottom line is that Nebraska has had 3 defensive players drafted in the past 5 years and we had 3 DB's taken in 2019 alone. Despite our performance on the field, this was a top 15 unit two years in a row where Nebraska didn't even finish in the top 50. This shouldn't have been a difficult decision to make and the kid played himself. We ended up getting Tae and I'll take that trade any day of the week.

Advertisement
We got 1 person saying it wasn’t poor little Jaidens decision, that it wasn’t up to him.

We got another person saying he chose Nebraska cause the hot dog vendor at the local airport recognized him.

Which is it?
He chose Nebraska because the hot dog vendor and some @Paranos specials showed him some love and he didn’t get a dime to make that choice.

He found out that Nebraska's definition of thick women and Miami's is slightly different
article-2150091-0D58F4B3000005DC-715_1024x615_large.jpg

"I know you miss home but come over here bae, I've got just the thing to cheer you up"

Ignore it if you want, but it’s a thing.

Also, our 3 stars go to the league as 5 or 6th rounders. Our 4-5 stars go undrafted or go late. Guys at those others schools go rounds 1 or 2.

How many first rounders has Miami produced in the last 8 - 10 years? A fraction. How many second rounders? Minuscule.

SEC has been paying players forever...that’s nothing new.

The difference for USC and Miami, I believe, are location (far more distractions) coupled with the proliferation of social media. For example, snaps at glam clubs with celebs, buying bottles, way more hanger on’s by virtue of location, far for nevin’s. You find that stuff far more frequent in major cities and not college towns, and social media amplify that lifestyle (i.e., kids what to show off).

Let me put your very incorrect theory to rest. If a player is prone to give in to temptation and be distracted to the point that it affects his football playing ability and his football future, he will do it in a small town, a big town, any town.

There are plenty of places in these hick towns where you can get into trouble, where you can get distracted. It happens all the time. It’s just that the places are not as nice in these dumb little towns. If someone is predisposed to be distracted and not to be focused on their craft, does not matter where he goes.

Your theory is dead

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m only in it for the duplicate aspect of it.

That’s a post that I wasn’t going to include. I was just saying that it’s a bizarre looking GIF. I don’t care - it doesn’t offend me in the slightest. It’s just weird. Nothing wrong with it, just odd.

Girls in cold weather are all bundled up... when you unwrap them you never know what your gonna get. A big one, a small one, a medium one, or maybe one that hasnt shaven for the winter

When I was younger and didn't understand how push up bras worked..... man did I have a few surprises in my day. Sheesh

Advertisement
Banda called him at the ceremony lying telling him that Travis Fisher was leaving Nebraska. Jaiden was upset because he had already signed his LOI and the ceremony was just a formality. He was calling around up there trying to find out if it was true. ABSOLUTELY STUPID on Banda's part. Imagine if he had came here then found out Banda was lying?

It did come out later that Travis Fisher got a $125k raise & had turned down DB coach jobs at FSU and Ole Miss.

Thanks for the details. Now that we know how mentally soft this kid is, glad he is freezing his *** in Nebraska and not using up one of our precious scholarships. We got Avante anyway. All’s well that ends well. 🙌

Advertisement
1. The love Nebraska showed him (they had like 6-7 different coaches calling & texting him every day seeing how his day was going. When he landed for his OV fans were in the airport asking for pics begging him to come. Random people in Lincoln knew who he was)

2. Academics (Nebraska has the largest academic support staff in the country & has produced the most Academic All-Americans, #2 isn't close)

3. Travis Fisher's coaching prowess (in 2 years at UCF he turned Mike Hughes & Shaquill Griffin into draft picks; in 2 years at Nebraska he's turned Lamar Jackson from an overrated Cali DB into an NFL draft pick next month & has turned Marquel Dismuke, Southridge kid Dicaprio Bootle & Cam Taylor into NFL prospects. Also, Nebraska allowed the fewest passing yards per game in the Big Ten this year)

4. The fan support (90,000 fans show up cheering every Saturday no matter how bad they are)

If those were his real reasons (besides academics, and let's be real Nebraska isn't in the same stratosphere academically), then I'm glad he didn't choose to come here. Sick of these kids who need 6-7 phone calls on a daily basis to feel validated. We need leaders.

I think it’s a huge advantage to go play sports in a college town over schools in a major cities like LA or Miami, DC if you’re all about ball (football or hoops).

Waaaay less distractions and you can just focus on developing your craft and school work. It was different 15-20 years ago but social media and the glam of it all has made playing in major cities far more distracting.

Nothing to do in Clemson, Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Norman, Durham/Chapel Hill (hoops) except focus on your craft. That’s exactly where I’d go and/or send my kid if I/he were all about ball and wanted to focus without distractions, in order to make to the next level

Lots of kids at Virginia Tech have gotten in trouble with the law over the years.
Blacksburg, also known as Bleaksburg, makes Durham/Chapel Hill look like Paris...not buying your theory.

10000%. In almost every single situation, I side with the kid. They’re young as ****. This is a stressful situation. Time heals all wounds. All that stuff.

But you had your chance time and again. The staff kissed your *** for literally years. Everything was spelled out for you for YEARS. And you just couldn’t say no to the bag. I get it, completely. When you don’t have a pot to **** in, it’s hard to say no thanks. But you made your bed. Then you played the process that THOUSANDS have done before you in the most ***** made and softest way possible. You ain’t the first Dade dude to go away for a bag. But you sure wrote the book on how NOT to do it.

So you made that bed. Carefully, slowly, and methodically. Time to sleep in it. Just hope you got heat in that *****.
You really think he got a bag from Nebraska?!? This isn't the Nebraska of old.

Advertisement
Back