Reggie Northrup "I'm keeping my options open"

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Jacksonville (FL) First Coast High School LB Reggie Northrup says he remains a soft commitment to Miami.

"I'm still with Miami," he said.

At the same time Northrup says he continues to consider a couple of programs along with UM: North Carolina and Arkansas.

Asked how close those two schools are with UM, Northrup said, "Close."

Then he adds that "I'm keeping my options open, but I'm still with the U."

Cane coaches continue to work Northrup hard.

He speaks regularly with coach Micheal Barrow says he expects Barrow and coach Al Golden to visit him at some point this week.

"Coach Barrow, he tells me how it's going to be in the future, how things will come up at Miami, how they really need linebackers, how it would be good for me there," Northrup said.

While Northrup had once planned to graduate early, he now says "it's a strong possibility I may not."

And, if he doesn't, he says he'll go ahead and take his two final visits.

"I'm not sure where I'll go yet," he said. "I've visited North Carolina, Arkansas and Miami so far."

Northrup says what's drawing him to UM is "everybody knows Miami for their swagger. I just like the way the coaching staff is, how they're real cool. And I feel like I fit in their defensive scheme."

Advertisement
Yea, agreed! I hope he sticks. I have a feeling he is going to be the best LB of the class.

Kid is looking to take some visits and hopefully that's all there is to this. But as Golden has pointed out the these guys, if you're still looking, so are we. I would imagine they'll identify another player if Northrup does defect.

Eek.

Kid was supposed to be an EE...but all of a suddenly, outta da woodwerks, isn't, and has TWO teams "close"?

Let's hope this one ends well...

Advertisement
Eek.

Kid was supposed to be an EE...but all of a suddenly, outta da woodwerks, isn't, and has TWO teams "close"?

Let's hope this one ends well...

Didn't realize he was going to be an EE, when would he have to be in school by?

Advertisement
Cane.

Him, Kirby, and DP are going to bring back the LB position for us. All 3 of them look like the goods.

Advertisement
Cane.

Him, Kirby, and DP are going to bring back the LB position for us. All 3 of them look like the goods.

I really like Witt, I think he's the goods but agree all these LBs in the last 2 classes look like they can play.

Agreed. Witt has all the tools and is very underrated. I would like to see him use that athleticism to lay some wood on people though. He wasn't as physical as the other guys but maybe I just saw some bad highlights/film?

Cane.

I really like Witt, I think he's the goods but agree all these LBs in the last 2 classes look like they can play.

Agreed. Witt has all the tools and is very underrated. I would like to see him use that athleticism to lay some wood on people though. He wasn't as physical as the other guys but maybe I just saw some bad highlights/film?

Did you see his most recent film, he layed people out in that.

Advertisement
Cane.

No, but I do remember people talking about it now that you mention it. That's good news because the athleticism goes to waste if you are afraid to use it.

Cane.

No, but I do remember people talking about it now that you mention it. That's good news because the athleticism goes to waste if you are afraid to use it.

don't worry about witt's physicality. in his sr. season higlights he blows through offensive tackles on his way to the QB and actually uses his hands to engage blockers to shed them. he is a beast

Cane.

watch it, he should easily be a 4 star recruit. Motor and speed on that kid are ridiculous

Advertisement
Back