Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

Advertisement
He is under 6 feet tall, looks quick but not fast and doesn’t look like he has a big arm. Nice depth qb. Would be someone I’d hope jacurri would just beat out otherwise might as well take multiple QBs.
You don’t put up those types of numbers by accident. He’s better than a depth piece. Brown wouldn’t have put up those numbers if they swapped uniforms last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

Looks like a better passer. And looks like a good enough runner
The throw @Genghis Cane put in this thread was sick. Overall he looks like he has a weird hitch in his throwing motion and it’s hard to judge but I don’t think he would be very dynamic with the ball in his hands against P5 defenses. Maybe I’m completely wrong. I am also from NY and was familiar with him (to a much lesser extent).

This is a make it break it year for Mario, he really needs a breakout year. Do we really want to leave that in the hands of a FCS guy, I’d really stick towards a guy who’s done it atleast in G5.
Fair point. We just might not have a choice.

Advertisement
The throw @Genghis Cane put in this thread was sick. Overall he looks like he has a weird hitch in his throwing motion and it’s hard to judge but I don’t think he would be very dynamic with the ball in his hands against P5 defenses. Maybe I’m completely wrong. I am also from NY and was familiar with him (to a much lesser extent).
At this point, we may need to take a chance. It's almost as if no decent qb wants to play here. I'd say he's better than what we have. Jacurri can't throw and Emory can't run

Would like to see a full game. Highlights show his ceiling so it’s hard to tell. He’s definitely quick enough to get out of trouble and arm is good enough if paired with accuracy and decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back