Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re leaving out the part where he got fired after going 3 - 9. And yes, I am a “UM fan” because I want to see the program return to glory. I prioritize that over hiring a “Miami guy”.
"Fired" after going 3-9 because the admin refused to provide any resources for recruiting or facilities. By all accounts he was already looking to leave at that point due to issues with the AD

Advertisement
Because its not how a title contending program operates.

He is a hope and prayer that a plan D works out.

I think you're being overly critical of the situation.

On a macro-level we're a better program from top to bottom; facilities, leadership, coaching and talent-wise. The support we have at the institutional level is nothing to be laughed at.

On a micro-level your concern relates to potentially signing Proffenbarger, correct?

I'm not sure the staff awaits his decision with desperation; "hope and a prayer" is projection on your part. I imagine the staff has a board and operates accordingly but, much like the draft or F.A., you're not in control and have to be prepared for what's in front of you at the time. Meaning, []__[] can't dictate Cam Ward, Will Howard and anyone else's timeline or ultimate decision.

By many accounts we've offered competitive (if not the best) NIL packages and--based on roster turnover--are unquestionably committed to building a team that competes at a high level. I get the disappointment; but can you point to a specific decision by Mario that altered the desired outcome in a negative way?

It quite simply is what it is; we are creating quality depth with two young QBs and need to elevate the talent/competition in the room.

Last edited:
missing on ward and a top tier qb is really bad, and nobody on this board can try to spin it

landing a top tier qb certainly would have helped, but he still ultimately is graded on wins/losses and there's still possibility for a great 2024 season with whoever is at the qb helm

anything less Than 9/10 wins next year and things will start getting loud I'm sure

not trying to spin, but we offered the bag and dude opted for the NFL.

As for Howard i'm not sure what happened there; are you?

Last edited:
missing on ward and a top tier qb is really bad, and nobody on this board can try to spin it

landing a top tier qb certainly would have helped, but he still ultimately is graded on wins/losses and there's still possibility for a great 2024 season with whoever is at the qb helm

anything less Than 9/10 wins next year and things will start getting loud I'm sure
I’m on the same page.

I’m obviously upset we haven’t landed a top tier guy. I still think we can/should have a successful season with Emory if healthy.

I’m just amazed that half of the people losing their heads and calling Mario the worst, were just 2 weeks ago singing his praises.

It’s the problem with society as a whole today. We want and expect instant gratification for everything.

With whoever the QB is?

The QB is everything in terms of getting this team to 10 wins.

We run out there with Cocoa Puffs or whatever his name is from Albany, JB or Emory, we would be lucky to get to 6-7 wins.

Advertisement
@Confidence1000

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office
50/50 balls huh? (BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG PAUSE)! Hul boi I got work to do! Good lookin @PIPO (BIG PAUSE)

Watched his highlights and a tweet with him doing some pretty impressive dunks on the basketball court. Looks to have plus athleticism for his size. Play style looks a bit like Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. Doesn’t have plus arm strength and his highlights have a good amount of 50/50 balls. Also didn’t look like he had the greatest line so I’d definitely need to see more to assess the turnover #s
Man I ain’t even gotta do no talkin! U know what time it is! Aye Yo Scott!!!!!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Aye yo! Hit the button dude

Advertisement
Sign both of them and have a legitimate QB competition in the spring/fall. They need depth badly.

The legion of posters openly rooting for this guy to sign elsewhere is already assembling
That’s a crock of **** there’s nobody doing that.

Saying, especially after this whole transfer portal, nothing‘s done until it’s done is not the same thing as openly rooting for something to not happen. Take your strawman somewhere else

You’re leaving out the part where he got fired after going 3 - 9. And yes, I am a “UM fan” because I want to see the program return to glory. I prioritize that over hiring a “Miami guy”.
You know what - I think Mario is questionable, but you know the truth- there that was all about an issue with Pete Garcia and if you’re acting like it’s not then you’re full of ****

Use reality not spin. There’s enough to make a point without undercutting your argument.

Last edited:
If he wants to be a p5 backup for a year that’s cool. He shouldn’t touch the field in a real game for Miami imo.

So naturally that means he’ll start next years bowl game.

Advertisement

So are we officially judging Mario by wins and losses now, not culture, context and process?

Is this retroactive?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back