Reed And Dorsey Interested In Being Assistants

Advertisement
dorsey should be a lock for QB coach, nothing more, nothing less

Sure but he isn't going to take the same position job in college especially well he has been very successful at the NFL level. In a perfect world you want to hire an OC that has experience in that position but Dorsey would be the kind of guy to make an exception for.

While he hasn't officially held an OC position, he has been surrounded by smart football people like Chud and Shula(yeah I know). He is very well respected around the league and has a reputation as being a tireless worker, exceptionally intelligent and an excellent communicator and teacher.

I think Dorsey would be a great hire as OC. He has been preparing for this for years. He has been working on game plans and breaking down film in the NFL. I think he can do it.

There is literally no way possible anyone can be as bad as Paul Williams.

Definitely not Ed ******* Reed. Only question is if he wants to put in the work recruiting.

There is literally no way possible anyone can be as bad as Paul Williams.

Definitely not Ed ****ing Reed. Only question is if he wants to put in the work recruiting.

He seems to live football - it's just whether yeah he has the drive to grind it. He's made a ton of money so he's set financially.

Advertisement
Ed Reed would be head and shoulders better then Paul Williams. We have some studs in our defensive backfield they're playing to only a shade of their potential. Ed is as passionate and as intelligent as it gets. Never hear Williams mentioned by recruits, Ed would be the talk of every DB down here.

Last edited:
"Only person [from the Miami family tree] I've talked to was Ken Dorsey," Reed told Eisen. "Me and Dorsey have talked a great bit about coaching together, but neither one of us want to be the head coach. We argued that. I know other guys would chime in and definitely want to be a part of it in some way, help out.

I don't know if Reed would be a good coach. He is a HOF, no doubt, but so much of what he did was instinct. You can't teach that or pass that on. You either have it, or you don't.

I would love to see what he can do with JJ#4.

I don't care if he can coach..I start running through walls every time i here one of his half-time rants from his Hurricane days.

"Only person [from the Miami family tree] I've talked to was Ken Dorsey," Reed told Eisen. "Me and Dorsey have talked a great bit about coaching together, but neither one of us want to be the head coach. We argued that. I know other guys would chime in and definitely want to be a part of it in some way, help out.

I don't know if Reed would be a good coach. He is a HOF, no doubt, but so much of what he did was instinct. You can't teach that or pass that on. You either have it, or you don't.

I would love to see what he can do with JJ#4 .

Him and #4 could be special together.

HOF player does not automatically = great coach.

It's two completely different skills sets.
Knowledge of the game is not enough.
It's the difference between bring a great doctor or a great professor of medicine.
It's a teaching job and not everyone is good at teaching.
It's also A LOT of hours and it's a grind.

Thank you and spot on. Anyone that has EVER coached anything understands this.....especially the game of football. Had numerous "All State" former players that I've coached with and let's just say it's different than playing the game. Everyone from the stands can see the issues/fundamentals/plays, however, can you communicate that skill and get it to stick. And probably the most underated part of your post.......IT'S A GRIND.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back