Reed And Dorsey Interested In Being Assistants

252cane

All-ACC
"Only person [from the Miami family tree] I've talked to was Ken Dorsey," Reed told Eisen. "Me and Dorsey have talked a great bit about coaching together, but neither one of us want to be the head coach. We argued that. I know other guys would chime in and definitely want to be a part of it in some way, help out.

Advertisement
"Only person [from the Miami family tree] I've talked to was Ken Dorsey," Reed told Eisen. "Me and Dorsey have talked a great bit about coaching together, but neither one of us want to be the head coach. We argued that. I know other guys would chime in and definitely want to be a part of it in some way, help out.

I don't know if Reed would be a good coach. He is a HOF, no doubt, but so much of what he did was instinct. You can't teach that or pass that on. You either have it, or you don't.

I would love to see what he can do with JJ#4.

I don't know if Reed would be a good coach. He is a HOF, no doubt, but so much of what he did was instinct. You can't teach that or pass that on. You either have it, or you don't.

He can teach technique and route recognition to help the dbs better understand.

This is old news but Dorsey would be awesome on staff.

Imagine ed reed coming into your living room to recruit? ****

Advertisement
I think of all the former players, Ed Reed would be one of the best coaches. Passionate, intelligent, natural leader & perhaps future HOF'er.

He will be upgrade whatever we have had in that department which i know aint saying much but i doubt that too many kids would be saying NO to Ed Reed on the recruiting trial

Imagine Ray Lewis as our LB Coach and him coming in your living room.....with Ed Reed.

Advertisement
Just get Ed in here to recruit 4 and 5* dbs. He doesnt even need to coach really. He can have a role like Kareem Brown.

has Reed coached anywhere? Would he have to come in as a GA? Is such a thing even possible?

This is the equivalent of teach a man to fish versus catching a fish for him.

Route Recognition has been no existent in this program for 12 years. Route recognition is more important than footwork in my opinion.

Some how, some where I would try to make room for them! They want to help, two of the greatest canes need to be around this program.

Advertisement

Reed and Lewis were legendary for their film study habits. That's where they got most of their "instincts". That easily translates into being a good coach.

has Reed coached anywhere? Would he have to come in as a GA? Is such a thing even possible?

You can hire who you want to. He hasn't coached but some guys just can do it. Mike vrabel retired from nfl a few years ago and immediately became ohio st. d-line coach. He was a good coach and recruiter right away and is back in the nfl now as a coach.

Advertisement
Ed Reed > Paul Williams. IDGAF if Reed only tells them how he did it and then says "Now, try that".

Disagree, so much of what he did was because he was the ultimate competitor and worked his *** off! He was notorious for putting in more time in the film room than anyone other than Ray Lewis.

This is like Ray Allen getting ****ed when people say he's such a talented shooter, he's "**** that, this wasn't given, my shot was made through hard work"

And hard work and knowledge can be taught.

I would slightly disagree with this...

He quarterbacked the defense. In essence, Reed has always been a player coach both here and with the Ravens. When Ray went out w/ that tricep injury, it was Reed getting everyone together.

Here's my only concern w/ Reed....generally, when you are a great player on the field, trying to translate that into coaching fizzles.This is where I agree w/ you....most great players have natural instincts, instincts you can't teach. When they do try to teach it, patience runs short b/c they only know one thing; how to be great. We have countless examples of HOF players in both football and basketball fizzling as coaches.
However, since he will be in a position coaching position vs. a head coaching position, learning under someone else, this could work.

Regardless, if this man is on the staff w/ Dorsey...you can officially say the fence will not only be rebuilt, it would be electric fortifide.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back