Recruting News 1-26-2012

View as article
I thought we only had seven spots open from last year so one of the EEs count toward the 25

I posted about this in a few threads not sure where everyone is getting the number 7 from..
We can have 9 EE's total because 16 were against the books last year..
We already have 8 EE's with Hoilett as the 8th enrollee..

1.Gray Crow
2.Preston Dewey
3.Ereck Flowers
4.Taylor Gadbois
5.Ladarius Gunter
6.Raphael Kirby
7.Josh Witt
8.Dwayne Hoilett

Advertisement
the deadline has passed to enroll for spring, so I guess Lockhart/Hope are out and we are locked in at 33 total enrollees. Anyone else getting nervous on Lockhart getting admitted for fall?

the deadline has passed to enroll for spring, so I guess Lockhart/Hope are out and we are locked in at 33 total enrollees. Anyone else getting nervous on Lockhart getting admitted for fall?

I sure the **** am. Anyone remember Antonio Kinard? Gadbois? Weren't both of them supposed to get in early last season? Did either qualify in January? nope

Did either qualify in September? nope

Gadbois came back, but what the **** happened to Kinard? That dude was last seen walking towards the world of Narnia only to disapear from the face of the earth.

There is something fishy about this Lockhart situation that leads me to believe that this MAY drag on deep into the summer. We have definitely seen this movie quite a few times.

thumbnail.aspx

Advertisement

I sure the **** am. Anyone remember Antonio Kinard? Gadbois? Weren't both of them supposed to get in early last season? Did either qualify in January? nope

Gadbois came back, but what the **** happened to Kinard? That dude was last seen walking towards the world of Narnia only to disapear from the face of the earth.

There is something fishy about this Lockhart situation that leads me to believe that this MAY drag on deep into the summer. We have definitely seen this movie quite a few times.

Lockhart is already a Prep School kid...

He made a quick switch last minute...I wouldn't get my hopes up with the kid not coming...I'd like to think he's in, it'll just take time, as the clearinghouse drags their feet.

Gadbois went prep and was here in the Spring.

Kinard is a bit of weird situation. Was going to go to Michigan in '10 (close with Fitzgerald Toussaint - I think Fitz is his sisters baby daddy or something). Had to go prep. Then RichRod was canned so he committed to Miami...I read an article a while back that said he was actually on campus and ready to go and then he got held up by the clearinghouse. He went home and worked with his dad for a while and in the fall this year went out to Arizona Western Junior College. Not sure if he's still out there, though.

Lockhart is already a Prep School kid...

He made a quick switch last minute...I wouldn't get my hopes up with the kid not coming...I'd like to think he's in, it'll just take time, as the clearinghouse drags their feet.

Gadbois went prep and was here in the Spring.

Kinard is a bit of weird situation. Was going to go to Michigan in '10 (close with Fitzgerald Toussaint - I think Fitz is his sisters baby daddy or something). Had to go prep. Then RichRod was canned so he committed to Miami...I read an article a while back that said he was actually on campus and ready to go and then he got held up by the clearinghouse. He went home and worked with his dad for a while and in the fall this year went out to Arizona Western Junior College. Not sure if he's still out there, though.

Larry,

Kinard's situation is very similar to Lockhart is it not? Prep school kid, thought he was going to be able to qualify and arrive in January only to be held up by the Clearinghouse. All spring, summer, and fall his situation fell on deaf ears, he became Casper and disapeared without a trace. I fear that something is not right with Lockhart and I fear that he may not qualify to come to UM.

Hopefully that is not the case because the kid is talented and can help us next season. I also relish in the fact that we were able to stick it to those holier than thou art Hokie fans.

thumbnail.aspx

It depends on if the clearinghouse issue gets taken care of.

Kinard basically went home and left school. Lockhart...no idea of what he's going to do or how far away his clearinghouse decision is made.

Advertisement
I thought we only had seven spots open from last year so one of the EEs count toward the 25

I believe that is correct. We have 24 more enrollment slots for the Fall as we can count only 7 of the 8 back to last year. I understand that 7 would have put us at the 85 player scholarship cap for the year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back