Recruits not signed on ESD

Ive tried to keep a running spreadsheet over the years and this matches up closely to my sheet as well. Counting the transfers and returnees I had miami around 92 or so. I saw someone else say like 102. No clue how they got that number. I was under the impression miami would need to have about 7 or 8 more guys bounce. Obviously the more portal guys they take the higher the number would go. I believe I had already included a transfer QB in my totals as well
On the main eye in the sky theres a roster thread, I have us at 92 currently with transfers and recruits added. It would be 91 if Boregales goes pro, if he comes back its 92.

Advertisement
I have us at 65 with 31 signed.

if the covid 6th year kids don’t count, we likely are around 90ish.

On the main eye in the sky theres a roster thread, I have us at 92 currently with transfers and recruits added. It would be 91 if Boregales goes pro, if he comes back its 92.
Is he thinking about going pro?? **** only in miami would we lose our kicker to the draft lol

i get going to UGA at this point, and bama for it's success

but no way saban lasts another 4 years. Any recruit signing there now has to wonder when he will retire
I doubt most recruits are worried about that as they’ll likely bring in a top notch coach to follow satan.

Advertisement
Guylijah Theodule, 6'2, 165 CB from Miami Northwestern
Miami offered at the end of August, when Theodule was committed to Vanderbilt.
He de-committed on 12/14/23 and has not committed anywhere, and obviously did not sign during the Early Signing Period.
I'd put him in the same category with Brayshon Williams, CJ Heard, Chalil Cummings, and Jamil Watkins as unsigned DB's with Miami offers/interest who are plausible P5 players.
I don't know anything about the young man. If he is not up to the standard that Mario wants, he won't sign him. Mario will hit the portal to fill a gap because he knows he'll eventually get the DBs he wants.

If you bring in a high school player that is going to get processed out down the road, you're wasting his time and yours.

I doubt most recruits are worried about that as they’ll likely bring in a top notch coach to follow satan.
It's not just plug and play. I think it's the coach and not the logo. Also, most of their staff will change and there's no guarantee the next head coach has a skillset like Saban. There's only a few coaches that can build a championship program.

The only qualified coach to take over for Saban who might take the job is Dabo. He's an Alabama alum. I don't fear him. I think he's lost his juice. Perception becomes reality. Clemson didn't get a QB this cycle. Dabo's recruiting is starting to look more like Manny's recruiting. Some good players, but not enough difference makers. Even their DL recruiting dropped off this year. Dabo has only 1 blue chip 4-star DL this cycle and he doesn't use the portal.

Even under Saban, notice he ain't pulling recruits from SF. Neither is UGA or Clemson. Mario told Ohio State to stay the f*** out of the State of Miami. J Smith will be the last recruit they pull that Miami wants.

The landscape of college football is changing. It's not the same 4 teams dominating. Just look at the top 10 schools in recruiting. Those are the future CFP contenders.

He wants to announce at All-America Game so the school that his his paperwork is keeping it secret.

And why would anyone tell Gabby the truth if paperwork was received or not?

I do believe he’s either UiF or Bama, however.
Yea even if it’s not UM u don’t want to spoil the kids moment even if he didn’t pick u. Would look bad to future recruits

I don't know anything about the young man. If he is not up to the standard that Mario wants, he won't sign him. Mario will hit the portal to fill a gap because he knows he'll eventually get the DBs he wants.

If you bring in a high school player that is going to get processed out down the road, you're wasting his time and yours.
Rather bring in a younger portal guy since our CBs need depth

Advertisement
So Cam and Zion for instance are freebies this year?
I'm not sure how many we have but I'd bet there's at least 10 if not more on the roster. Guys like X, JHH, Davonte Brown, Cloyd, Zion, Redding, Jalen Rivers, Meisidor.... we have wiggle room to add. Crazy thing is some guys left who wouldn't have counted against the number. That covid year is helping alot of rosters stack older talent

I'm not sure how many we have but I'd bet there's at least 10 if not more on the roster. Guys like X, JHH, Davonte Brown, Cloyd, Zion, Redding, Jalen Rivers, Meisidor.... we have wiggle room to add. Crazy thing is some guys left who wouldn't have counted against the number. That covid year is helping alot of rosters stack older talent
Not to nitpick but Cloyd moved on didn’t he?

Not to nitpick but Cloyd moved on didn’t he?
Oh I missed that one. Didn't see that news but it's quite a few guys with an extra year. Even those who would seek a medical redshirt you have to apply for that and being that they have this extra year they'd probably tell them they don't need it

Oh I missed that one. Didn't see that news but it's quite a few guys with an extra year. Even those who would seek a medical redshirt you have to apply for that and being that they have this extra year they'd probably tell them they don't need it
Oh for sure that’s why I didn’t want to nitpick the point you were making, just wasn’t sure if I was mistaken. Cloyd surprised me this year.

But yeah it’s why I kinda shrug about numbers at this point. Too many loopholes 😂

Advertisement
I think there are 8 players who joined CFB in 2019 or earlier.

Pretty sure its 85 by the start of fall camp.
That's crazy..

So we could run with as many scholarship players as we want in the spring as long as we're down to 85 by fall?

That seems like a crazy loophole to exploit.

Advertisement
2019? It's 2020 which gives them the extra year and they won't count against us
It's not just 2019 and before. Guys who came in 2020 who've played all 4 years get the bonus year. On the roster it lists them as a 4th year junior for that reason. X didn't redshirt for example.

That's crazy

So we could run with as many scholarship players as we want in the spring as long as we're down to 85 by fall?

That seems like a crazy loophole to exploit.

I mean yeah, but word gets out quick if coaches were going to be scumbags and go into spring with 100+ scholly players, then cut a bunch to get down to the 85 number.

Most go in and have to cut a few guys if they sign a big high school class/bring in alot of transfers. Teams are smart about ti, which is why you've heard Cribby and DMoney on the board saying numbers are tight for this reason.

Advertisement
Back