Recruiting Update 12-30

Advertisement
Does golden wait another year and bring in Clark and try to sway Christmas?

I assume those are 2014 kids, if they are then that makes no sense. Lineman don't NORMALLY have instant impacts, we need to bring in some every year.

We brought in 3 last year at the DT spot, I am sure they will bring in 1-2 this year, just may have to wait till NSD. A 2014 kid has no impact on the 2013 season.

Advertisement
I don't think that you ever wait til next year. That only causes problems. Whether it is grades, injures, or just the mind of an 18 year old, recruiting is too unpredictable to wait til next year.

Does golden wait another year and bring in Clark and try to sway Christmas?

At this point, even if we get Keith Bryant I am not expecting much out of him. Reports of him gaining weight this year and his attitude leave me to believe he'll flame out pretty quickly wherever he lands.

These sound like things said about Louis Nix. **** that one hurt.

I'll wait until after army practice this week to see if he is everything he's cracked up to be. Remember, nobody knew a **** thing about Nix until he started wreaking havoc at Under Armour practice and no one could block em.

Not true at all. Nix was a bigtime recruit that was considered one of the best DT's in the state as a JR. In fact, he was rated as a 5 star as a junior and then eventually dropped down to a 4 star. Anyone that followed recruiting knew about Nix well before Under Amour.

At this point, even if we get Keith Bryant I am not expecting much out of him. Reports of him gaining weight this year and his attitude leave me to believe he'll flame out pretty quickly wherever he lands.

I'll wait until after army practice this week to see if he is everything he's cracked up to be. Remember, nobody knew a **** thing about Nix until he started wreaking havoc at Under Armour practice and no one could block em.

Not true at all. Nix was a bigtime recruit that was considered one of the best DT's in the state as a JR. In fact, he was rated as a 5 star as a junior and then eventually dropped down to a 4 star. Anyone that followed recruiting knew about Nix well before Under Amour.

I'm probably remembering the drop. He kinda blew back up at UA though.

Advertisement

I think he was always a bigtime prospect in the eyes of most. He had work ethic questions, but I think his talent was never in question. I think UM fans started downgrading him because he committed to ND right after they fired Weiss, but the kid was a talent nonetheless. Same thing with Bryant to me. I'm not a fan of his shenanigans, but at the end of the day we need to get him on campus. I'll take my chances with Golden whipping him into shape as opposed to him going elsewhere and hoping that he flames out.

I think he was always a bigtime prospect in the eyes of most. He had work ethic questions, but I think his talent was never in question. I think UM fans started downgrading him because he committed to ND right after they fired Weiss, but the kid was a talent nonetheless. Same thing with Bryant to me. I'm not a fan of his shenanigans, but at the end of the day we need to get him on campus. I'll take my chances with Golden whipping him into shape as opposed to him going elsewhere and hoping that he flames out.

Definitely wanna see how he holds up in San Antonio against the best OL competition but by enlarge I agree.

Advertisement

Definitely wanna see how he holds up in San Antonio against the best OL competition but by enlarge I agree.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I think he will do well, though.

Advertisement
The belly aching over the DT's is getting really annoying

I've been following recruiting for awhile and I think this is an obvious concern. Our team is in desperate need of impact players on the dline.

No question, but it's been rehashed forever it seems like. I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't know we need interior linemen

Agreed with both points. It's just getting exhausting.

Thing is nobody is more concerned with Golden and his staff so I will wait and see what we do from here to NSD before I really worry. This time of year there is always a lot of changes and surprises.

mr. coley...andre johnson and reggie wayne say hello from cbs...blue, lockhart, ivory all came out around signing day...this staff be putting in work...lets hope the dts we have are putting in work too...

The belly aching over the DT's is getting really annoying

I've been following recruiting for awhile and I think this is an obvious concern. Our team is in desperate need of impact players on the dline.

No question, but it's been rehashed forever it seems like. I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't know we need interior linemen

Agreed with both points. It's just getting exhausting.

Thing is nobody is more concerned with Golden and his staff so I will wait and see what we do from here to NSD before I really worry. This time of year there is always a lot of changes and surprises.

thank u! people act like the coaches are only recruiting the kids mention on this board...as good as the mods are for the board, unless they're on the staff they're not going to kno who every kid miami is talkin too...nobody knew we were still talkin to Whitfield until he announced is OV. just relax and wait til NSD to complain about who we dont get

Yes DT and dline is a big concern but do we really expect freshman to come in a be game changers at those positions.....we have a LOT of dlinemen. In terms of quantity. Who's to say our current guys and last years guys don't develop? Guys develop all the time I thought the alabama defense was done for this year after everyone went to the league but know some unknowns came in this year and are now stars...whose to say that won't happen at um?

Advertisement
Back