Recruiting the West Coast of the U.S.

Advertisement
SoCal also has 50X the population lol doesn’t hurt to have a footing in either one. As long as SC is down then those opportunities will be available in both metros. I will say that Vegas kids feel less of an obligation to go to SC then a SoCal kid though.

Oh; that’s no ?. Lol.

@gogeta4 and I have said it on here before.....95% of our recruiting efforts should be in the following areas. Maybe dip into CA or AZ for a QB now and again but we should be camping out in the bottom 5 areas.

1. SoFla/Florida (this should and always will be on bread and butter)

2. NOLA/Louisiana
3. DFW/Houston area metros
4. Atlanta metro
5. Northeast (NJ/NY/DC area)

I still stand on this.
-Guys are down on the north east section but not me....Go up there and mine in NY and Jersey. Every top prospect in NYC area should have a cane offer. Those kids wanna be in Miami.
This year NOLA was wide open with LSU filling up on guys...i would be back there if i were them...LSU cant take EVERYBODY. You go after the spots where they already got a high ranking kid committed. We should be there similarly to how Auburn cherry picks in south florida.
Atl is a no brainer.
Have NOOOO clue why we arent heavy in Houston /dallas with the coaches on this staff and there connections.

What? Weaver isn’t going to be anywhere near the draft position Phillips and Roche are going to be not was he as impactful. He was shut down so bad by Zion that they were avoiding a Weaver vs. Zion matchup for 2 1/2 quarters. We’re gonna have 3 ends go in the top 3 rounds this year and only one of them is an SFL kid...at a position group filled with SFL kids. Bolden is our best safety in a safety room filled with SFL kids. I’m the biggest **** talker when it comes to their takes and even who they play but where the **** are you pulling that from? The only underrated SFL kids that would start is Zay and Elijah Moore which you can’t blame Likens for. He wasn’t here to make those evals.
What fvckin' dope are you on?
Weaver lead the country in QB pressures, as a local 3-star who was fresh off a devastating injury. He's projected to go in the 1st round by a few mocks.

You MIGHT have an argument with Phillips, and he's a 5-star #1 player in the country, compared to Weaver who was a 3-star.
But Roche? ROCHE?!

You gotta get off this anti-South Florida ****, dude.
Bonitto + Weaver > Roche + Phillips

Cut the ****.

PITTSBURGH—Pitt senior defensive end Rashad Weaver garnered more national acclaim today when he was named to the 26-player ESPN All-America Team.

This is the second national outlet to name Weaver an All-American. He was previously selected a first-team honoree by Pro Football Focus, which credited Weaver with a 90.0 pass-rush grade and 48 total quarterback pressures in just nine games played.

ESPN Senior Writer Chris Low wrote: "The Panthers had the best defensive end combo in the country in Weaver and Patrick Jones II. This season was especially sweet for Weaver, who missed all of last season with a knee injury he suffered during preseason camp."

On the year, Weaver (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Cooper City) totaled 35 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. He led the ACC in sacks (0.83/game, 17th nationally) and tackles for loss (1.6/game, 16th nationally).

In addition to his All-America accolades, Weaver was also named first team All-ACC today by a panel comprised of 49 media members and the conference's 15 head coaches. He is a semifinalist for the Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year Award, which recognizes college football student-athletes from all divisions who have overcome injury or illness.

Last edited:
What fvckin' dope are you on?
Weaver lead the country in QB pressures, as a local 3-star who was fresh off a devastating injury. He's projected to go in the 1st round by a few mocks.

You MIGHT have an argument with Phillips, and he's a 5-star #1 player in the country, compared to Weaver who was a 3-star.
But Roche? ROCHE?!

You gotta get off this anti-South Florida ****, dude.
Bonitto + Weaver > Roche + Phillips

Cut the ****.

PITTSBURGH—Pitt senior defensive end Rashad Weaver garnered more national acclaim today when he was named to the 26-player ESPN All-America Team.

This is the second national outlet to name Weaver an All-American. He was previously selected a first-team honoree by Pro Football Focus, which credited Weaver with a 90.0 pass-rush grade and 48 total quarterback pressures in just nine games played.

ESPN Senior Writer Chris Low wrote: "The Panthers had the best defensive end combo in the country in Weaver and Patrick Jones II. This season was especially sweet for Weaver, who missed all of last season with a knee injury he suffered during preseason camp."

On the year, Weaver (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Cooper City) totaled 35 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. He led the ACC in sacks (0.83/game, 17th nationally) and tackles for loss (1.6/game, 16th nationally).

In addition to his All-America accolades, Weaver was also named first team All-ACC today by a panel comprised of 49 media members and the conference's 15 head coaches. He is a semifinalist for the Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year Award, which recognizes college football student-athletes from all divisions who have overcome injury or illness.

There’s not a single updated mock that has Rashad Weaver in the first 3 rounds. You can sit here and sunshine pump all you want but you’re literally talking about an inferior DE and a player that would’ve been a LBer here being better than 2 guys that are going in the first 70 picks.

PS: I wanted Nik Bonitto and Rashad is an NFL guy. Not saying he’s not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wish Miami would at least offer the kids up in the VA/MD/DC metro area. St. Francis in Baltimore is up there with any school in the country talent wise and some of the other private schools in DC are putting out kids that ready to play at every position. Best thing is 95% are all trying to get the **** out and would be receptive to Miami.

For the 757 Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area UNC is now getting to pick and choose the top players in the area and getting them over the SEC schools. That will be something to keep an eye out for in the future as both VT and UVA can't keep anyone in state.

Wish Miami would at least offer the kids up in the VA/MD/DC metro area. St. Francis in Baltimore is up there with any school in the country talent wise and some of the other private schools in DC are putting out kids that ready to play at every position. Best thing is 95% are all trying to get the **** out and would be receptive to Miami.

For the 757 Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area UNC is now getting to pick and choose the top players in the area and getting them over the SEC schools. That will be something to keep an eye out for in the future as both VT and UVA can't keep anyone in state.
For whtever reason we never recruit the 757. I tried to put them onto Dazz Newsome when he came out. I got a **** ton of friends from hampton/Newport News..not sure why we dont go there every other cycle/...consideringh va tech is a rival and uva aint some juggernatut recruiting.

There’s not a single updated mock that has Rashad Weaver in the first 3 rounds. You can sit here and sunshine pump all you want but you’re literally talking about an inferior DE and a player that would’ve been a LBer here being better than 2 guys that are going in the first 70 picks.

PS: I wanted Nik Bonitto and Rashad is an NFL guy. Not saying he’s not.
"An inferior DE" that played better than both of our DE's this year.

Makes perfect sense.

Honestly, it really doesn't fvckin' matter what round he goes in. He played better IN COLLEGE, and that's what we need. We're a COLLEGE team.
MF'ing kid led the country in QB pressures and you're talkin' about "iNfErIoR De" and draft positions.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

And Bonitto would've been an edge player here, doe-doe head. He's the same mold of Roche. He might even be bigger.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back