Recruiting the West Coast of the U.S.

Canes_

Sophomore
With the success Phillips, Bolden, and Jordan have had it will be interesting to see if Miami has an increased presence on the west coast moving forward. With seemingly the entire Pac 12 down more and more kids are leaving the area for other conferences so the opportunity is there. Got to think Miami is a nice fit for the city kids leaving LA, Vegas, Oakland, etc.

Advertisement
If we are gonna do that, we need to establish ourselves when SC is down. Once that monster gets going, not even the SEC can **** with it. We are very similar except their boosters care about football more and have more money/influence. We have a better recruiting territory though.

With the success Phillips, Bolden, and Jordan have had it will be interesting to see if Miami has an increased presence on the west coast moving forward. With seemingly the entire Pac 12 down more and more kids are leaving the area for other conferences so the opportunity is there. Got to think Miami is a nice fit for the city kids leaving LA, Vegas, Oakland, etc.
If we go after west coast kids,they better be studs that play right away.The 3 you mentioned played here as soon as they arrived.The problem is when they don't play they get homesick and want to leave.One of the reason DJ William played FB his freshman year was to get him on the field and keep him fro transferring back home.

Advertisement
We recruit the West pretty well already. I would like to recruit Vegas & Phoenix more though. Phoenix has talent at a couple different schools but all the Vegas kids go to the same 3 schools, Bishop Gorman, Desert Pines & Liberty.

Idk if y'all know but flying to/from out West is dirt cheap thanks to Frontier expanding service at MIA. I've been to LA, Cancun & Denver for the low low the last year and a half lol

Advertisement
More Safeties who miss tackles, talk **** and celebrate after 15 yard gains!
More TE's who can't stay off the injured list!
More DE's with perms! I want savages who look like they sang with Debarge.

**** yeah baby, bring it on!

WESTSIIIIDE!!!

tupac shakur dancing GIF

Last edited:
We recruit the West pretty well already. I would like to recruit Vegas & Phoenix more though. Phoenix has talent at a couple different schools but all the Vegas kids go to the same 3 schools, Bishop Gorman, Desert Pines & Liberty.

Idk if y'all know but flying to/from out West is dirt cheap thanks to Frontier expanding service at MIA. I've been to LA, Cancun & Denver for the low low the last year and a half lol
sh*t be like under 200 round trip to Vegas. Check my post above...its a cheap flight for the recruiting budget

If we are gonna do that, we need to establish ourselves when SC is down. Once that monster gets going, not even the SEC can **** with it. We are very similar except their boosters care about football more and have more money/influence. We have a better recruiting territory though.
I was listening to ESPN/LA radio last offseason when the chatter was if SC would fire Clay Helton or not. Keyshawn Johnson was part of morning show and lamented how cheap the program had become. According to him, every current HC in all sports was being paid less than their predecessor.

Southern Cal is too arrogrant. They believe a coach should accept less money to work there because ‘We are SC’. They’re also too inbred, hiring ADs from inside the SC family (Pat Haden, Mike Garrett), until the new guy from Cincinnati, and trying to recapture the Carroll Era by hiring Sark, Kiffin, and promoting Helton.

According to Johnson, they did talk with one name coach to possibly replace Helton, but he wanted too much money for him, assistants, and supporting staff. The coach was allegedly Bob Stoops. Think whatever you like about him, but the idea SC is willing to spend whatever it takes is false.

Advertisement
I’m from the Bay Area it puzzles me why we don’t recruit that area more with some of the studs that come out of that area. We have pull out there with DJ and Gino Torretta. Before anyone says anything the Bay(NorCal) is hella different from LA. Just look at Marshawn, Najee Harris, and even DJ Williams for the mentality players from that area have due to LA having more exposure. Kids in that area don’t have a loyalty to any school due to the admissions standards at Cal and Stanford. In my opinion we should be out there often, kids prefer Miami instead of SEC schools out there.

Advertisement
I was listening to ESPN/LA radio last offseason when the chatter was if SC would fire Clay Helton or not. Keyshawn Johnson was part of morning show and lamented how cheap the program had become. According to him, every current HC in all sports was being paid less than their predecessor.

Southern Cal is too arrogrant. They believe a coach should accept less money to work there because ‘We are SC’. They’re also too inbred, hiring ADs from inside the SC family (Pat Haden, Mike Garrett), until the new guy from Cincinnati, and trying to recapture the Carroll Era by hiring Sark, Kiffin, and promoting Helton.

According to Johnson, they did talk with one name coach to possibly replace Helton, but he wanted too much money for him, assistants, and supporting staff. The coach was allegedly Bob Stoops. Think whatever you like about him, but the idea SC is willing to spend whatever it takes is false.
The lesson UCLA basketball finally learned this last round.

Jfc now the west coast doesn’t have good enough players for us?

The takes in this place are hysterical.

Last edited:

Chandler the school out there too that’s loaded every year in Zona.

Last edited:
I’m from the Bay Area it puzzles me why we don’t recruit that area more with some of the studs that come out of that area. We have pull out there with DJ and Gino Torretta. Before anyone says anything the Bay(NorCal) is hella different from LA. Just look at Marshawn, Najee Harris, and even DJ Williams for the mentality players from that area have due to LA having more exposure. Kids in that area don’t have a loyalty to any school due to the admissions standards at Cal and Stanford. In my opinion we should be out there often, kids prefer Miami instead of SEC schools out there.
Probably bc it’s cross country and we have the same type of studs closer to our home base. Can’t make a living out there but definitely can’t get too focused on the west coast until the state of Miami is a lock first.

Advertisement
Back