Recruiting the West Coast of the U.S.

More Safeties who miss tackles, talk **** and celebrate after 15 yard gains!
More TE's who can't stay off the injured list!
More DE's with perms! I want savages who look like they sang with Debarge.

**** yeah baby, bring it on!

WESTSIIIIDE!!!

tupac shakur dancing GIF
3 of the best players on the team...

Advertisement
Probably bc it’s cross country and we have the same type of studs closer to our home base. Can’t make a living out there but definitely can’t get too focused on the west coast until the state of Miami is a lock first.
I feel that and respect it. Just certain kids like that are National we might as well swing for.

If we go after west coast kids,they better be studs that play right away.The 3 you mentioned played here as soon as they arrived.The problem is when they don't play they get homesick and want to leave.One of the reason DJ William played FB his freshman year was to get him on the field and keep him fro transferring back home.
The reasons we played DJ at FB his freshman year was because he was completely lost at LB (many practices are open to the public back then) and he helped us a lot at FB. He battled injuries that whole season but when he was right he was very effective at FB. Check out the West Virginia game and the bowl game vs UF. It wasn't placating him. We needed him there.

3 of the best players on the team...
Only cause our local recruiting has sucked.

I was actually just having fun with that post anyway.

But if we're being technical, you can find better (or as good) Safeties and DE's right here at home. Bolden is a paper tiger, by the way. He has been a$$ majority of the year. And a DE tandem of Weaver/Bonitto (Broward kids) is far better than the duo of Phillips/Roche.

Y'all MF'ers on this board always wanna focus everywhere else instead of focusing on the local kids were not offering.

2/3 of those kids are only here cause of the portal anyway. MF'ing portal kids love Miami, it's the kids coming from high school that we have to do a better job with.

South Florida kids that we didn't sign are balling all over the country.
👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

"wE nEeD tO rEcRuIt CaLi bEtTeR!"
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Make it make sense!

Advertisement

But if we're being technical, you can find better (or as good) Safeties and DE's right here at home. Bolden is a paper tiger, by the way. He has been a$$ majority of the year. And a DE tandem of Weaver/Bonitto (Broward kids) is far better than the duo of Phillips/Roche.

Y'all MF'ers on this board always wanna focus everywhere else instead of focusing on the local kids were not offering.

2/3 of those kids are only here cause of the portal anyway. MF'ing portal kids love Miami, it's the kids coming from high school that we have to do a better job with.

👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Make it make sense!
Unlike some here, I don’t really care where our plays come from... if I had a preference I’d rather get the best local recruits because it builds a solid pattern for consistency...

BUT.... we’ve all been told that a South Florida 1/2 Star has that dog in him, but that ain’t wait we seeing when our best players are almost all out of staters....

When a 6-7 team that hasn’t been good in 15 years loses the cream of the crop locals to perennial top teams, that makes sense. Makes us mad, but it makes some sense.

I think i would focus on Las Vegas more so than Southern Cal.

We are going to be able to show with Brevin and Bolden. I would be back at the power house programs in Vegas. Its a cheap flight from south florida to for the most part.

U’re looking at Bishop Gorman. Vegas, in general, is not a really good breeding ground for talent. Bishop Gorman is the WC version of IMG.

So Cal is producing 50x the athletes that Vegas is producing.

Advertisement
Wanted Nik Bonitto, forgot why Richt passed
Unless it's a transfer, Cali kids shouldn't be prioritized, when you leave so fla you should be looking at Houston, Atlanta and I wish New Orleans, I would hit those northern cities where we had success with players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We should definitely, routinely, take 7-hour one-way trips to spend a few days at a time on the west coast when the best talent in the country is in our back yard.

Come to think of it, I've heard there are some really great dudes in New Zealand we should be going after.

Advertisement

👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Make it make sense!
What? Weaver isn’t going to be anywhere near the draft position Phillips and Roche are going to be not was he as impactful. He was shut down so bad by Zion that they were avoiding a Weaver vs. Zion matchup for 2 1/2 quarters. We’re gonna have 3 ends go in the top 3 rounds this year and only one of them is an SFL kid...at a position group filled with SFL kids. Bolden is our best safety in a safety room filled with SFL kids. I’m the biggest **** talker when it comes to their takes and even who they play but where the **** are you pulling that from? The only underrated SFL kids that would start is Zay and Elijah Moore which you can’t blame Likens for. He wasn’t here to make those evals.

U’re looking at Bishop Gorman. Vegas, in general, is not a really good breeding ground for talent. Bishop Gorman is the WC version of IMG.

So Cal is producing 50x the athletes that Vegas is producing.
SoCal also has 50X the population lol doesn’t hurt to have a footing in either one. As long as SC is down then those opportunities will be available in both metros. I will say that Vegas kids feel less of an obligation to go to SC then a SoCal kid though.

@gogeta4 and I have said it on here before.....95% of our recruiting efforts should be in the following areas. Maybe dip into CA or AZ for a QB now and again but we should be camping out in the bottom 5 areas.

1. SoFla/Florida (this should and always will be on bread and butter)

2. NOLA/Louisiana
3. DFW/Houston area metros
4. Atlanta metro
5. Northeast (NJ/NY/DC area)

Last edited:
@gogeta4 and I have said it on here before.....95% of our recruiting efforts should be in the following areas. Maybe dip into CA or AZ for a QB now and again but we should be camping out in the bottom 5 areas.

1. SoFla/Florida
2. NOLA/Louisiana
3. DFW/Houston area metros
4. Atlanta metro
5. Northeast (NJ/NY/DC area)
Yep. This isn’t colonel Sanders secret herbs and spices.... but people **** talking our best players because they aren’t from Florida is blind foolishness....

Advertisement
Back