Recruiting the trenches

Hstokes1447

Junior
This staff is on the verge of bringing in the best offensive and defensive line class in recent memory. We all know the importance of the trenches, this is where games are won, and to be honest this is the reason Miami has not been elite. The guys that are already committed along with the guys that are still in the mix could make this class very special.

Offensive line commits
  1. Kc McDermott 4 star
  2. Trevor Darling 4 star
  3. Reily Gibbons 4 star
  4. Nick Linder 3 star

Remaining offensive line targets
  1. Damian Prince 5 star (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
  2. Jaden Gault 4 star Wisconsin soft commit (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
  3. Frank Ragnow 3 star (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
The addition of any one of these guys will take this class from great to elite

Defensive tackle commits
  1. Travonte Valentine 4 star
  2. Anthony Moten 4 star
  3. Dalvon Stuckey 4 star (If his can get his grades on track he will be in this class)
  4. Michael Wyche 4 star
  5. Courtel Jenkins 3

Remaining defensive tackle targets
  1. Claude Pelon 4 star (Miami is in his top 3 and will get a visit)
  2. Cory Johnson 4 star committed to Kentucky (Miami is in his top 3 and will get a visit)
  3. Terrell Clinkscales 4 star

Defensive end commits
  1. Chad Thomas 4 star
  2. Demetrius Jackson 4 star
  3. Trent Harris 3 star

Remaining defensive end targets
  1. Edmond Boateng 4 star (Miami is in his top 2 and will get a visit)
  2. Kentavius Street 4 star (Miami is in his top 5 and will get a visit)
The addition of 1 DT and 1 DE will give Miami a championship defensive line class that will dominate games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clinkscales is the #1 juco dt according to scout & 247, street will visit jan 17, cory johnson visits dec 22.

We need 1 of Pelon or Boateng.

Also, we gotta get 2 JuCo DTs in. If Stuckey can't get his **** right it's imperative we get another to fill his spot.

This staff is on the verge of bringing in the best offensive and defensive line class in recent memory. We all know the importance of the trenches, this is where games are won, and to be honest this is the reason Miami has not been elite. The guys that are already committed along with the guys that are still in the mix could make this class very special.

Offensive line commits
  1. Kc McDermott 4 star
  2. Trevor Darling 4 star
  3. Reily Gibbons 4 star
  4. Nick Linder 3 star

Remaining offensive line targets
  1. Damian Prince 5 star (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
  2. Jaden Gault 4 star Wisconsin soft commit (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
  3. Frank Ragnow 3 star (Miami is in his top 5 and could get a visit)
The addition of any one of these guys will take this class from great to elite

Defensive tackle commits
  1. Travonte Valentine 4 star
  2. Dalvon Stuckey 4 star (If his can get his grades on track he will be in this class)
  3. Michael Wyche 4 star
  4. Courtel Jenkins 3

Remaining defensive tackle targets
  1. Anthony Moten 4 star (Will announce on Tuesday, all signs points to him committing to Miami)
  2. Claude Pelon 4 star (Miami is in his top 3 and will get a visit)
  3. Cory Johnson 4 star committed to Kentucky (Miami is in his top 3 and will get a visit)
  4. Terrell Clinkscales 4 star

Defensive end commits
  1. Chad Thomas 4 star
  2. Demetrius Jackson 4 star
  3. Trent Harris 3 star

Remaining defensive end targets
  1. Edmond Boateng 4 star (Miami is in his top 2 and will get a visit)
  2. Kentavius Street 4 star (Miami is in his top 5 and will get a visit)
The addition of 1 DT and 1 DE will give Miami a championship defensive line class that will dominate games.

If we can hit on Moten, it'll be a fantastic OL/DL class. Anything more would be out of this world.

Advertisement
Also, I'd still like to get another interior OL in this class.

I think Draling and McDermott will make amazing interior lineman. Those guys have that perfect wide base and are just nasty run blockers.

McDermott who?

They have a third brother I don't know about? Because I know you're not talking about K.c. He's the prototypical LT.

I can see Darling moving inside, though.

My dream close will be
DT Moten
DT Pelon
DE Boateng

That would be an out of this world cline close.

Advertisement

I think Draling and McDermott will make amazing interior lineman. Those guys have that perfect wide base and are just nasty run blockers.

McDermott who?

They have a third brother I don't know about? Because I know you're not talking about K.c. He's the prototypical LT.

Yes, Kc McDermott looks like a dominate G to me. In my opinion Reilly Gibbons has more upside at LT than anyone in this class.

Advertisement
If we want either Pelon or Boateng, we gotta put somebody better than Deathrow on them.

McDermott who?

Yes, Kc McDermott looks like a dominate G to me. In my opinion Reilly Gibbons has more upside at LT than anyone in this class.

While I'm not sure I agree, I admire your contrarian opinion. People get too hung up on HS positions IMO.

Staff told gibbons he is a LT and they are recruiting mcdermott & darling at RT. Seeing the staff still going after tackles though i think mcdermott or darling or maybe both could end up at guard.

Advertisement
[*]Anthony Moten 4 star (Will announce on Tuesday, all signs points to him committing to Miami)

Moten is tentative to announce tuesday it isn't known for sure when he will announce. If he does Tuesday it wont be a formal announcement he will just commit to the coaches. However, some think he is a silent already.

HStokes1447, I take you as one of those "Dalvin Cook should be a DB" type guys huh? I disagree completely on KC. Yes, I think Reilly is the better athlete but they both can play T and let Darling play G.

Advertisement
Back