Recruiting Recognition 9-16

Advertisement
This guy is in the two deep already. Will push Ariz for the black jersey real soon.

Advertisement
I like that Tyrek Cole has Miami first (no order). I may be reading into this but miami probably came to his mind first. Would be a huge get for 2015 hoping to continue that miramar pipeline after howard, grace, lewis etc.

I'm sure this has already been asked and I apologize for missing it, but any relationship between Maclolm & Khalil Lewis?

Advertisement
I like that Tyrek Cole has Miami first (no order). I may be reading into this but miami probably came to his mind first. Would be a huge get for 2015 hoping to continue that miramar pipeline after howard, grace, lewis etc.

Seems like its setting up to be a heated Miami/UiF battle there. We can't miss that kid IMO.

I still don't understand why an offer from a dirty *** $ec school validates any doubts on a recruit. AG and staff has proven that he/they know who can play. And in the future, all doubts will cease.

Nonetheless, great write-up!

Back in the day, when I had the rare opportunity to discuss recruits with the late Bob Karmelowicz, then our DL coach, he would discuss some unheralded recruit by mentioning the other visits the kid had. The coaching staff didn't recruit a kid by the quality of schools he was invited to, but it was clear the coaches felt validated when SEC powerhouses or FSU were also interested. In particular, there was one DE we were looking at from the south side of Dade. I can't remember who it was, but I think he ended up at the U. I want to think it was Baraka Short but that might not be right. Come to think of it, I believe it was David Holliman, who never did anything at UM, as I recall. So, everybody was probably wrong.

Check out this old article, and look at how some of these guys are ranked:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-02-15/sports/9001240676_1_defensive-front-seven-defensive-line-corwin-francis

It would have been the '90 recruiting class, one that I did not like as much as some of my friends did, who also followed recruiting very closely, and they were, yes, "insiders." Had a great deal of contact with the coaches, one big talker was Kehoe, as I remember.

Interestingly, I ran into Corries Hardy up here in Maryland. He's running a barbecue food truck and catering business. I guess he's been doing well enough to leave his job with the county. Ries was highly recruited I think, tripped to Alabama, and ended up finishing his career at UCF because he was not getting time at the U, not with Kenny Holmes, Kenard Lang and Rusty Medearis in a rotation.

Erickson's first class (#14, in that link) was a disaster. Yet it was still about 3x better than his next class, the consensus #1 ranked class that ended up actually being the worst UM recruiting class of the modern era. Remember the nation's #1 DL class? Damond Neely, Cameron Binion, and Jason McCollough?? SMH. ******* Dennis and his lists. Those two classes were the beginning and middle of the end. Anyone have the full class?

I still don't understand why an offer from a dirty *** $ec school validates any doubts on a recruit. AG and staff has proven that he/they know who can play. And in the future, all doubts will cease.

Nonetheless, great write-up!

"further validates." Thank you

"We don't need anybody else to tell us who can play!" ------Al Golden

The inferiority complex must end, thank you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
These are the high talent kids we have to keep home (in no order):

T. Cole (Miramar connection too strong to miss on him)
A. Moten (Linder boys influence giving me more confidence)
D. Peete (His potential is thru the roof! I know he's STA, Would confirm we've taken back Ely)
Q. Flowers (kid can just ball. Would be a "great" ball hawking play making Safety)
Javon Durante
Burgess Becker
Mark Walton (for just looking like a tough RB)
Nick Bosa (I know! I know! but this kid is a beast!)
McFadden (the tall one. This kid to me is that nasty, rangy safety of Canes past. Would elevate our secondary physicality)

Only thing missing are more quality DT's in the SoM. With the number of teams and players you would think there'd be a few more quality NG's and DT.

Advertisement
Back