Recruiting Recap 12/11

View as article
Hi Pete. New to this site and love what you guys do here. I have two questions. Is it 100% that AJL won't make it to UM? I hear a lot of people saying that UF is a possibilty for Collins. With two RB's in the ESPN 300 already committed and several still on roster, do you think that could be a deterant for him to land there and come to UM instead?

Advertisement
Let's wait to compare our staff to Gran and Coley when our staff gets the benefit of not having to recruit with both hands tied behind their backs. I'm not sure many appreciate just how devastating this NCAA cloud is, and the longer it goes on the more ammunition it is giving our opposition. You can rest assured they're telling recruits that this thing is dragging on so long because we're going to get killed. Good luck convincing a top-rated JUCO with 2 years of eligibility to come here when he's being told repeatedly that he won't be able to play in a bowl game if he comes here.

This. ******* this. **** the NCAA. **** yahoo. **** errrrrrbody.

/despite all this we might land a juco at position of great need, Bond, soon. Crown Golden. He gets it.

Hi Pete. New to this site and love what you guys do here. I have two questions. Is it 100% that AJL won't make it to UM? I hear a lot of people saying that UF is a possibilty for Collins. With two RB's in the ESPN 300 already committed and several still on roster, do you think that could be a deterant for him to land there and come to UM instead?

It is almost guaranteed that AJL won't be here.

As far as Collins, I don't think the 2 RBs at UF will really be a deterrent because he's better than both. The downside of UF for him would be they just recently started going after him hard so we will see how that affects him.

Keith Bryant is a weirdo. Bizarre how he acts towards UM.

yeah, really bizarre that he would commit to UM early then act this way. not even taking an official? i know he's young, but that does not completely explain his actions. tough loss. he'd be a great addition in an area of need.

Ya this kinda stuff never happens. I've never seen a kid commit to a school early and change his mind at a later date. This situation is sooooooo unique and bizarre...its crazy!

Advertisement

As far as Collins, I don't think the 2 RBs at UF will really be a deterrent because he's better than both. The downside of UF for him would be they just recently started going after him hard so we will see how that affects him.

Collins and UF = Miami and Derrick Green

Thanks Pete. Keep up the good work! Bummer about AJL.

I think he is doing it on purpose for the suspense and will be a Cane on NSD. Wish HS kids weren't so dramatic playing these games but its expected now each year. You have to really put an asterisk next to character on this kid. If he comes and gets in trouble or pulls any kind of BS, we should not be surprised.

yeah, really bizarre that he would commit to UM early then act this way. not even taking an official? i know he's young, but that does not completely explain his actions. tough loss. he'd be a great addition in an area of need.

Ya this kinda stuff never happens. I've never seen a kid commit to a school early and change his mind at a later date. This situation is sooooooo unique and bizarre...its crazy!

your over generalization completely misstates my point. of course, kids commit early and change their mind -- happens every year. alex collins is a perfect example. in fact, i think a kid should decommit if he realizes his decision was premature and he's having second thoughts. it's respectful to the staff so they can pursue other options. But Bryant's behavior and responses are wildly different than collins'. for example, bryant was asked if he still had interest in UM following his decommitment, and w/o going through the posts to find his response, it was along the lines of "yeah, sure i want them to still recruit me." it was almost a comical eff you to the staff. and then to not even take an official visit. It's odd and atypical for a kid to act this way when he has been committed to the school for such a long time.

****, maybe it is some massive troll job, and he's going to re-commit to the U in February, but that's likely wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Advertisement

your over generalization completely misstates my point. of course, kids commit early and change their mind -- happens every year. alex collins is a perfect example. in fact, i think a kid should decommit if he realizes his decision was premature and he's having second thoughts. it's respectful to the staff so they can pursue other options. But Bryant's behavior and responses are wildly different than collins'. for example, bryant was asked if he still had interest in UM following his decommitment, and w/o going through the posts to find his response, it was along the lines of "yeah, sure i want them to still recruit me." it was almost a comical eff you to the staff. and then to not even take an official visit. It's odd and atypical for a kid to act this way when he has been committed to the school for such a long time.

****, maybe it is some massive troll job, and he's going to re-commit to the U in February, but that's likely wishful thinking.

Fair enough...FWIW I think he re-commmits. Kid just wants his 15 minutes...

Fair enough...FWIW I think he re-commmits. Kid just wants his 15 minutes...

Hope you're right; would be a great addition at a huge area of need

i think collins comes back on bo ard...bryant better be a silent, truly...no news on the s prospects lsu is after? doesnt kohe recruit tampa? and lb recruit development is on par with wr...

Advertisement
Back