Recruiting Q & A (December 3rd)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
What 4/5 star national kid do we have a legit shot at bringing in for a late visit and possibly landing? Let me put it another way - any national 4-5 star uncommitted recruits that we plan on bringing in Jan that could be a surprise commit?

Do you see any of the DLs in this class able to make some big contributions immediately next year?

Depends what your definition of "big contributions" is. Travonte Valentine is the most ready, but Chad Thomas and Anthony Moten cold have roles as well. Wyche needs to be able to provide some help too.

Advertisement
What are the chances that Griffin makes it in. Did not make it last year and after a year still has not taken SAT's, I say zero chance but hope for the best.

Pete,

I wonder if any of "F@ck Manny, Fire Dorito" noise on this board gets to our recruits and, if it does, what impact it might have? Also, doeshaving current Miami players talking to recruits have a significant impact on the process?

I get that the defense is weak but a) I think its a safe assumption that Golden knows it and b) I cant help but think "fans" harping on the weak performance is indicative of poor player development and/or fundamental coach weakness doesnt help recruits if they read this noise.

I actually had a couple kids ask me two weeks ago if D'Onofrio had been fired because they said they had been seeing Tweets about it. Like I posted earlier though, most kids see the bad defense as an opportunity to play ASAP.

And yes, current players talking to kids helps a lot.

Advertisement
Looking way way way ahead, but who do you see as the RB in the 2015 class?

Has to be Scarlett. Missing on Collins, Sony/Cook (remains to be seen), and Scarlett would be a nightmare.

If not for hiring Coley, prob could have added Yearby to the miss list

I love the "if" game. Keep going.

If the queen had balls, she would be king.

If a *** believe in Jesus, they would be Catholic.

If grandma had moustache, she'd be grandpa

If elephants could fly, you could make a fortune selling steel umbrellas.

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his *** hopping.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.

Most underrated and most overrated current commit?

Underrated
Langham
Smith
Herndon

Not saying these kids are "overrated", but I think people need to slow down on Darrion Owens and Trent Harris. I'm not sure they will be able to make a huge impact right away. I LOVE Owens as a prospect, but he's so new to the position that it will be an adjustment period to him.

On a side note, I truly believe that Demetrius Jackson has the highest ceiling of anyone in this class.

Advertisement
Most underrated and most overrated current commit?

Underrated
Langham
Smith
Herndon

Not saying these kids are "overrated", but I think people need to slow down on Darrion Owens and Trent Harris. I'm not sure they will be able to make a huge impact right away. I LOVE Owens as a prospect, but he's so new to the position that it will be an adjustment period to him.

On a side note, I truly believe that Demetrius Jackson has the highest ceiling of anyone in this class.

More so than Thomas?

Advertisement
Back