Recruiting Perspective

bshaw28

Junior
Consider how things looked at this time last year:

Artie Burns recently decommited from Alabama

Stacey Coley was a longshot

Quay Bain was a must get

Half of our eventual commits that weren't even on the radar - Bond, Sandland, Griffin, Lockley, Figs, Elder, Edwards, Kamala, Knighton, AQM

Collins, Kearse, and Bryant were Miami commits

Travis Johnson would be our next commit

Don't flip out if Sony doesn't choose Miami today. Nothings over, there's a long way to go, and anything can change

Advertisement
Agreed, but also remember perception is everything. By losing Sony now, we have no momentum for the summer months. We will need to realize that while we do have a chance later in the year we will not receive a boost from his commitment in South Florida perception. In fact, we will probably lose some recruiting momentum as other elite prospects will notice that the home town team might not be the best option. As important as Sony is to our on-field talent and team, he is equally as important to our off the field image to recruits.

Agreed, but also remember perception is everything. By losing Sony now, we have no momentum for the summer months. We will need to realize that while we do have a chance later in the year we will not receive a boost from his commitment in South Florida perception. In fact, we will probably lose some recruiting momentum as other elite prospects will notice that the home town team might not be the best option. As important as Sony is to our on-field talent and team, he is equally as important to our off the field image to recruits.

the momentum of his commitment to us would be huge, some people need to understand that these kids down here are trendy, they go with what ever is popular at the time, if we dont get sony they need to start winning some games

the outflow of elite talent from Dade and Broward continues...

it sucks. we wont be elite until we keep the elite kids in our backyard. it is as simple as that

Advertisement

it sucks. we wont be elite until we keep the elite kids in our backyard. it is as simple as that

What do you expect after the last 2 coaches shxt in the pot... At least we r headed in the right direction!

Momentum is bull****. Have you seen our recent commits? One would say we have momentum right now, yet Sony may in fact pick UGA.

Could've just gave me rep to my post lol. It's recruiting, there will be a lot of movement up until football season. Then after high school season we will continue to see more action take place. It happens like this every year, and we are far away from signing day so there's no point in complaining about our current class. Not really a hard ideal to pick up on.

We are all freaking out. Dont forget we still have Duke and Yearby, and could still possibly get another Stud RB. Still Sony is Sony and if we had 10 Dukes who would say no to another great RB. I Still hope he chooses the Canes but if he does not, wont loose any sleep.

Won't let this recruiting Bull drive me crazy like it did in Februaury, No way Jose.

'What is to is, must is'

Advertisement
the issue is bigger than Sony. it is about the trend over the last 5-6 years that is disturbing. the amount of elite talent in our backyard that we've missed out on is staggering

when you make a list, it is just mind boggling

the issue is bigger than Sony. it is about the trend over the last 5-6 years that is disturbing. the amount of elite talent in our backyard that we've missed out on is staggering

Patrick Peterson
Teddy Bridgewater
Eli Rogers
Amari Cooper
Matt Thomas
Corey Lemonier
Leanord Williams
Nick Oleary
Curt Maggit
Avery Young
Sammy Watkins(really not backyard but still.... Should have been at UM)
Geno Smith
Steadman Bailey
Rashad Greene
Devonta Freeman(don't know why he wasn't recruited hard.... Shannon blunder)
Jayron Hosley(lol not recruited)
Ricardo Louis(didn't want to play safety but still ELITE talent, give him a chance)
Alex Collins(Coach)
Greg Dent

Lol that's enough.

Also last year we were still in the dark with the NCAA and we certainly weren't as good a team as we are this year, on paper.

Advertisement

Patrick Peterson
Teddy Bridgewater
Eli Rogers
Amari Cooper
Matt Thomas
Corey Lemonier
Leanord Williams
Nick Oleary
Curt Maggit
Avery Young
Geno Smith
Steadman Bailey
Rashad Greene
Ricardo Louis(didn't want to play safety but still ELITE talent, give him a chance)
Alex Collins(Coach)
Greg Dent

Lol that's enough.
You know we were under ncaa investigation while recruiting most of these right?

Advertisement

I thought we couldn't keep elite kids in our backyard until we were an elite team??

**** happens and we miss on kids for many different reasons.. It can't be generalized or fixed in a year. All we can do is keep trying to get them and developing who we do get.. Championships aren't won on NSD, otherwise FSU would have more rings than us

I don't wanna be the guy who says momentum doesn't matter, because I believe it does in some aspect. However, I think we overestimate it's importance for some of these kids. Of course kids want to come in with big and highly touted recruiting classes, but after following recruiting for several years and growing up with kids who went on to play college ball, I just do not believe that hitting or missing on certain players becomes a viable reason for a commit to pledge to us or decide not to. Of course if we were to get 4 5* star receivers, then it would help our chances with a great Qb (but this is a rare instance). Unless the recruits know each other personally, I don't think getting commitments back to back is anything but perception, a lot can still change and recruits still know that. But I believe (or at least pray) that kids are not just piggy backing off of each other and are actually taking the next 3-4 years of their life seriously when they make a college choice on what's best for them.

Patrick Peterson(huge fiasco. Not even Shammin's fault)
Teddy Bridgewater(Golden is white. His bad?)
Eli Rogers(See Bridgewater)
Amari Cooper(Big opportunity for him at Bama)
Matt Thomas(douche)
Corey Lemonier(Paid)
Leanord Williams
Nick Oleary(overrated and a douche)
Curt Maggit
Avery Young
Geno Smith(Shammin + scared of Jacory LOL)
Steadman Bailey(Shammin)
Rashad Greene
Alex Collins(Coach)
Greg Dent

Lol that's enough.

Added some more descriptions for you.

Patrick Peterson(huge fiasco. Not even Shammin's fault)
Teddy Bridgewater(Golden is white. His bad?)
Eli Rogers(See Bridgewater)
Amari Cooper(Big opportunity for him at Bama)
Matt Thomas(douche)
Corey Lemonier(Paid)
Leanord Williams
Nick Oleary(overrated and a douche)
Curt Maggit
Avery Young
Geno Smith(Shammin + scared of Jacory LOL)
Steadman Bailey(Shammin)
Rashad Greene
Alex Collins(Coach)
Greg Dent

Lol that's enough.

Added some more descriptions for you.

Big opportunity for Amari at UM As well. No reason he should have got away......

Advertisement
Back