Recruiting meeting...(Video)

Advertisement
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1991-11-23/sports/9102180205_1_speed-canes-nervous-system

Someone ask Hurlie about his speed coming in. Judging by his own words, he was never UM material. Well, how'd that turn out? He was pretty darn good here, without elite speed.

Hurlie Brown, who won 2 national championships at Miami as a safety, says that guy is not good enough for Miami and that Fat piece of s hit Dorito says otherwise.

GUYS, WE ARE TOAST

he said explosiveness. the said the kid prob runs in high 4.7, low 4.8. thats is really slow for a safety.

He was asking about the BEST safety, not the FASTEST. Ed Reed ran a 4.57 going into the NFL, and he wasn't that fast when he arrived. What D'No is saying is right. He's not saying he doesn't want speed, he's saying it's important to know how to play. I'm personally sick of seeing elite "talent" show up, only to get torched because they used their speed and athleticism to get put of position, because they don't understand where they need to be. In a perfect world you would love to have a safety run a 4.3 and know where he needs to be. Those don't come around very often, do they?
Clarify something for me: was No'D asking Williams who the fastest safety THEY had ever coached, or the fastest safety at Miami ever. If the latter, I'm certain there's been plenty of guys who ran faster than a 4.68. If the former, I'm sure the former Canes like Hurlie and Beard were like "Who gives a f*** who you coached at Temple!"

i think he was basically talking about jamal carter when he said elite speed that gets scared and backs all the way up because he doesnt have the instincts.

Same as Hurlie Brown when he was here. Trust me, I liked Brown as a player. He looked faster than 4.79, because he had good instincts. Players look a **** of a lot faster than they are when they are in position to make a play, I'll tell you that.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1991-11-23/sports/9102180205_1_speed-canes-nervous-system

Someone ask Hurlie about his speed coming in. Judging by his own words, he was never UM material. Well, how'd that turn out? He was pretty darn good here, without elite speed.

Hurlie Brown, who won 2 national championships at Miami as a safety, says that guy is not good enough for Miami and that Fat piece of s hit Dorito says otherwise.

GUYS, WE ARE TOAST

he said explosiveness. the said the kid prob runs in high 4.7, low 4.8. thats is really slow for a safety.

Probably so.
He was asking about the BEST safety, not the FASTEST. Ed Reed ran a 4.57 going into the NFL, and he wasn't that fast when he arrived. What D'No is saying iProbably sos right. He's not saying he doesn't want speed, he's saying it's important to know how to play. I'm personally sick of seeing elite "talent" show up, only to get torched because they used their speed and athleticism to get put of position, because they don't understand where they need to be. In a perfect world you would love to have a safety run a 4.3 and know where he needs to be. Those don't come around very often, do they?
Clarify something for me: was No'D asking Williams who the fastest safety THEY had ever coached, or the fastest safety at Miami ever. If the latter, I'm certain there's been plenty of guys who ran faster than a 4.68. If the former, I'm sure the former Canes like Hurlie and Beard were like "Who gives a f*** who you coached at Temple!"

i think he was basically talking about jamal carter when he said elite speed that gets scared and backs all the way up because he doesnt have the instincts.

Advertisement
LMAO at Coley. Good god this guy is braindead. It's no wonder FSU didn't flinch which Folden hired him.

And then Doritos and Williams reminiscing on the Temple days. Dmoney is right. Downright frightening how pathetic it is to use former Temple players as some sort of benchmark.

He was asking about the BEST safety, not the FASTEST. Ed Reed ran a 4.57 going into the NFL, and he wasn't that fast when he arrived. What D'No is saying is right. He's not saying he doesn't want speed, he's saying it's important to know how to play. I'm personally sick of seeing elite "talent" show up, only to get torched because they used their speed and athleticism to get put of position, because they don't understand where they need to be. In a perfect world you would love to have a safety run a 4.3 and know where he needs to be. Those don't come around very often, do they?

And I'm personally sick of our coaches sticking their nose up at athletes because they do not posses the ability to teach proper technique.

We're talking about 18-year-old high schoolers, dopey. None of these kids are truly polished. You need a staff to posses some level of coaching and the ability to put players in the best position to succeed. We, obviously, do not have that.

One of the reasons we have declined under Folden is because we've taken far too many players who have solid "fundamentals" but lack any sort of athleticism. Meanwhile, schools with legitiate coaching staffs that teach football and put players in the position to succeed have flourished. Louisville, in-particular, has nabbed a number of these "raw talent" type kids only to skullfck UM twice in a row. STFU with your garbage.

LMAO at Coley. Good god this guy is braindead. It's no wonder FSU didn't flinch which Folden hired him.

And then Doritos and Williams reminiscing on the Temple days. Dmoney is right. Downright frightening how pathetic it is to use former Temple players as some sort of benchmark.

And I'm personally sick of our coaches sticking their nose up at athletes because they do not posses the ability to teach proper technique.

We're talking about 18-year-old high schoolers, dopey. None of these kids are truly polished. You need a staff to posses some level of coaching and the ability to put players in the best position to succeed. We, obviously, do not have that.

One of the reasons we have declined under Folden is because we've taken far too many players who have solid "fundamentals" but lack any sort of athleticism. Meanwhile, schools with legitiate coaching staffs that teach football and put players in the position to succeed have flourished. Louisville, in-particular, has nabbed a number of these "raw talent" type kids only to skullfck UM twice in a row. STFU with your garbage.

I honestly can't believe they thought it was a good idea to put this video out there. Circus show with a lot of clowns.

I think the problem is we don't take enough of guys like they were talking about. Sure you want to get the poorly coaches raw athlete out of Dade County but you need to mix in some guys that can play football. The staff isn't good enough at development to have a whole team of projects.

Advertisement

Who on this team as shown excellent fundamentals since arrived? All but a few have been raw athletes.

Last edited:
this whole recruiting thing and the 16' hype is nonsense. its golden trying to save his *** so he can say "look at the class i have in place"

I'm sure the mob is ripping this apart.

Nothing really bothered me about it. Clear they don't care what Williams thinks, and Williams doesn't have the nuts to actually participate. Watching that, I'd guess Golden is the only reason the guy is on staff. What Dorito said, I agree with.

this whole recruiting thing and the 16' hype is nonsense. its golden trying to save his *** so he can say "look at the class i have in place"

Strange position to take. Look at the class for yourself. Who cares what Golden/Miami is saying about it? It is the best class (right now) Miami has had in a while. I doubt anyone would disagree.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure the mob is ripping this apart.

Nothing really bothered me about it. Clear they don't care what Williams thinks, and Williams doesn't have the nuts to actually participate. Watching that, I'd guess Golden is the only reason the guy is on staff. What Dorito said, I agree with.

me too. we just get consumed with hating golden and coach d but i think D actually made valid points. williams has to go.

I enjoyed the way D'No pulls the experience card out of his ****, "I've been doing this a long time." Lol, I'm sure all of the Miami guys were thinking "and what have you got to show for it." ****, Art could've just held up his hand with all the rings he's gotten at Miami to shut that guy up.

16 fools gold. It will fall apart like all the others.

it stays together if we win. if we pulled off the FSU game last year, we close different.

IF, yea right, these clowns got shook, they can't coach. It's a disgrace to all true canes fans that this staff is still in position. and for Brock, you're a clown, what I said is the truth, watch and see for yourself, the only way it stays together is if this staff gets canned quickly.

Advertisement
Back