Recruiting lows?

Advertisement
This is a stage-gate process.

First point to watch: early June / on-site activities.
From there, watch balance of June to July. Other kids to target over summer before attention turns to fall practice.
From there, first part of season - reengaging with kids before the season is good or bad, maybe there are some september OVs to watch.
From there, it will be a function of how good or not good the team plays, who is interseted and who commits.

So nothing really to judge for a month. If we don't ahve some good commitments by the second week of june, it's fair to ask what is going on.
So what’s the bar for commitments? 2-3 more guys by mid June and another 3-4 by mid July? That would put us at 6-8 commits. Obviously the guys that commit matter, too. Anything less than these numbers would be reason for concern in my mind.

Advertisement
Alternatively, kids are waiting to commit until they see a school physically. It’s a bit of both but more likely the kids are the ones holding things up right now.
I think it’s more likely the coaches. Kids don’t care they’ll commit to hold a spot and then bolt for greener pastures. Coaches haven’t even seen this class in person since 2019, when they were sophomores. It’s more likely that coaches are not rushing to have kids commit knowing that the summer will be full of visits nationwide, IMO.

Wishing harm on another individual
How could anyone know this at this point?
Well it's a discussion board, where we discuss stuff. In this case we are discussing recruiting and who we "might" sign and what class we "might" have. It's not like I'm gonna hold him to it, just curious what he thinks.

Same way we have been discussing upcoming football games we have no idea what will happen.

Sorry if it hurt your snowflake feelings but my suggestion would be to drink a gallon of bleach and see if that helps.

Thanks for you input though buddy

Advertisement
Well it's a discussion board, where we discuss stuff. In this case we are discussing recruiting and who we "might" sign and what class we "might" have. It's not like I'm gonna hold him to it, just curious what he thinks.

Same way we have been discussing upcoming football games we have no idea what will happen.

Sorry if it hurt your snowflake feelings but my suggestion would be to drink a gallon of bleach and see if that helps.

Thanks
Except discussing upcoming games is reasonable because we know who we have and what other teams have. Asking if we will have a top ten recruiting class with one kid committed and lots of targets on the board is the dumbest thing you’ve posted and you post a lot of dumb ****.
also get a job, how can you be posting on this forum 20+ times in a hour

Except discussing upcoming games is reasonable because we know who we have and what other teams have. Asking if we will have a top ten recruiting class with one kid committed and lots of targets on the board is the dumbest thing you’ve posted and you post a lot of dumb ****.
also get a job, how can you be posting on this forum 20+ times in a hour
Well we were doing just fine discussing it so we really don't need you in here bleeding all over the place. Feel free to GTFOH you whiny b-tch, thanks again though for your "put in".

I'm not *****ing, I'm more curious why many others have 12 plus commits and we have 1. You know why?

Many is a stretch. UGA, OSU, LSU, and ND have 12+ commits. That's it. A handful of teams.
Now, 31 total teams with 6+ commits (including the 4 listed) is a fair number to bring up. But considering how crazy this 2022 class is, historically, with the dead period and COVID, and our past history as decommit-U, I'm totally zen with the numbers.

Many is a stretch. UGA, OSU, LSU, and ND have 12+ commits. That's it. A handful of teams.
Now, 31 total teams with 6+ commits (including the 4 listed) is a fair number to bring up. But considering how crazy this 2022 class is, historically, with the dead period and COVID, and our past history as decommit-U, I'm totally zen with the numbers.
I didn't count them all, I just know 1 was low in comparison to most it seemed at a glance. I should have said "quite a few" have "double-digits" if that makes you feel better, my mistake.

We should have 10 by the end of July with any luck, hoping we pull some of the Top 20 SoFla kids like we should.

Advertisement
Honestly how well have they done for being located in the best recruiting CFB area on Earth? Serious question, not a slam, but there is room for improvement, no? We have had class #11 and class #16. Now that's not bad, but I honestly expect more, maybe I'm being unrealistic or giving our location too much credit?

Are we really located in the best location for CFB recruiting on Earth? Best players, sure. But best for recruiting?? Best for recruiting, to me, is some combination of best players plus loyalty of those HS players to the local school plus less frontrunning mentality plus minimal out-of-state competition.

Basically, our players are the best, but they know it and the challenges to recruiting them remain legitimate.

Are we really located in the best location for CFB recruiting on Earth? Best players, sure. But best for recruiting?? Best for recruiting, to me, is some combination of best players plus loyalty of those HS players to the local school plus less frontrunning mentality plus minimal out-of-state competition.

Basically, our players are the best, but they know it and the challenges to recruiting them remain legitimate.
I personally think location is a HUGE advantage, but the SEC built a pipeline to take a lot of our elite players. The first/next coach to lock that down will be the next coach to be a consistent winner at Miami.

So yeah, I consider it a big advantage, but I probably give it too much credit in todays age and the state of the program the past 20 or so years has not helped. That's kind of my point.

Which of these kids to we expect to wear a Canes jersey in college:

PlayerPosHt / WtRatingTeam

Shemar StewartMonsignor Pace (Opa Locka, FL)
    SDE
    6-5 / 260
    7 1 1
    LSU
    100%

Jaheim SingletaryRobert E. Lee (Jacksonville, FL)
    CB
    6-1 / 170
    13 5 2
    Ohio State

Gabriel Brownlow-DindyLakeland (Lakeland, FL)
    DT
    6-3 / 275
    16 3 3
    Oklahoma
    100%

Keon SabbIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    ATH
    6-2 / 200
    19 1 4
    N/A

Kamari WilsonIMG Academy (Fort Pierce, FL)
    S
    6-1 / 195
    24 1 5
    Georgia
    100%

Sam McCallLake Gibson (Lakeland, FL)
    ATH
    6-0 / 180
    32 4 6
    Florida State

Daylen EveretteIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    CB
    6-1 / 185
    38 7 7
    N/A

Tyler BookerIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    OT
    6-5 / 325
    40 5 8
    Florida
    100%

Marvin Jones Jr.American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    SDE
    6-4 / 245
    62 4 9
    N/A

AJ DuffyIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    PRO
    6-2 / 203
    76 6 10
    Florida State

Kenyatta JacksonChaminade-Madonna Prep (Hollywood, FL)
    WDE
    6-5 / 231
    78 5 11
    Ohio State
    50%
    Clemson
    50%

Azareyeh ThomasNiceville (Niceville, FL)
    ATH
    6-2 / 180
    96 8 12
    N/A

Earl Little Jr.American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    CB
    6-0 / 175
    102 12 13
    LSU
    57%
    Alabama
    29%
How long have you been following recruiting?

Off this list....

There is a FSU Legacy x a few (Jones), 2 kids from Jacksonville(Singeltary,not our territory), A kid form Lakeland (Dindy,Not our territory), Panhandle kid...Panhandle is barely even florida (Thomas)

- A whole bunch of IMG kids that are not even from the State.

Off that list coming off a great cycle i would expect....Stewart, Wilson, Kenyatta Jackson, and Earl Little Jr to atleast be in play.

Stewart is a big target....Wilson is a target but might see a logjam at safety...Kenyatta Jackson is in tier group after our main DE targets, Earl Little Jr see Kenyatta Jackson.

This is a bit of a weird recruiting class for us....ill be excited off of 2 of the list of bolded guys

Advertisement

Based on your definition of best for recruiting I'd say Louisiana is the best. LSU gets everyone they want in that state & still has other fertile recruiting areas/states nearby. They're living on easy mode over there.

How long have you been following recruiting?

Off this list....

There is a FSU Legacy x a few (Jones), 2 kids from Jacksonville(Singeltary,not our territory), A kid form Lakeland (Dindy,Not our territory), Panhandle kid...Panhandle is barely even florida (Thomas)

- A whole bunch of IMG kids that are not even from the State.

Off that list coming off a great cycle i would expect....Stewart, Wilson, Kenyatta Jackson, and Earl Little Jr to atleast be in play.

Stewart is a big target....Wilson is a target but might see a logjam at safety...Kenyatta Jackson is in ter group after our main DE targets, Earl Little Jr see Kenyatta Jackson.

This is a bit of a weird recruiting class for us....ill be excited off of 2 of the list of bolded guys
Well let's put it this way, I remember getting excited when we signed Curtis Justus from Perry, Oklahoma, that help ya at all??

And yes, this is an odd year but the STA and Heritage guys that have bolted to other schools and then went to the NFL, those are more the "elite player misses" I speak of. Not IMG recruits.

I agree, IF we get 2 of them I'm happy as well

I personally think location is a HUGE advantage, but the SEC built a pipeline to take a lot of our elite players. The first/next coach to lock that down will be the next coach to be a consistent winner at Miami.

So yeah, I consider it a big advantage, but I probably give it too much credit in todays age and the state of the program the past 20 or so years has not helped. That's kind of my point.

I'm with that. I think it is a bigger advantage for evaluating a lot of these kids than it is versus recruiting them, because some of them just aren't loyal to the U anyway.

We did also allowed the SEC to unfortunately set up shop in here to a sad degree over the last 4-5 staffs. Not sure we will ever 100% reclaim the recruiting edge, and even the evaluation edge is getting eroded with technology developing the way it is.

Man, we can’t have it both ways. We were complaining about getting all these place holder commits back in the day, only to be Decommit U. Two things that’s not working in our favor this yr as oppose to last yr.

1. Honeymoon period is over w/ Manny’s tenure as HC; so the benefit of the doubt is no longer in play for recruits

2. Visits r back open

It’s best we get these kids face to face to see who’s real & who’s not. UF getting Bond w/ no visits is fishy & a set up for a decommit if this kid sees a campus he likes or UF have a bad season. I’m not mad at the strategy. Once June 1st hit, then let’s rock & see what’s what. Gotta do our part in making good on the dreams being sold.
THIS!

Advertisement
Back