Recruiting In South Florida

rangerbrother

Recruit
I was recently visiting back home in Miami and went to visit one of my cousins who is a high school football coach down there. Well this is X-Mas evening and we are having a few drinks and he start talking about his son and my son. Well I ask him why was he wearing all of the Alabama gear and not the "U" gear like when we were younger. He tells me and my wife and I quote "I roll with Nick". My wife not knowing ask who is Nick and he tells her Nick Saban Head Coach of Alabama. He states that he try to steer any kid worthy to Bama. Well I asked him why and just said they are the "it" school. Well he begins to tell me some of the shadiness that goes on down there recruiting wise. He tells me that for $1200 a certain high school coach will ensure that the kid gets a SAT/ACT score to be acccepted in almost any college (You should see the look on my wife and son face at the mention of this). He also mentioned that this same coach was promised a coaching position with 2 SEC schools if he delivered certain players. Well he said delivered a player to one of the said SEC schools but he ended up not getting the position because at the time a new coach was hired and the deal fell through. Now the coach would not send any players that schools way but instead steers them to his alma mater. Later night we go on the North end to visit my wifes family. Her uncle is there and we immediately start talking football. My wife uncle is VERY CONNECTED and RESPECTED in SFL area. I brought up the convo me and my cousin had earlier and when I asked him about it he laughed and his exact words were " Nephew if you knew half the things I knew you could bring down MANY big schools and a few local coaches". He stated one of the local coaches is not even a football coach who pushes kids on the south end the hardest (I laughed because I knew he was speaking of the same person my cousin mentioned earlier). I asked him point blank did he ever take money to steer kids he said no and that he always told the kids to look at the total picture and pick the best school for future (he is a pro um guy). To end this conversation he laughs and said all of the players that he have had over the last few years if he would have sent them to SEC schools he would be a millioniare. Is it really that bad in South Florida?

Advertisement
Prepare yourself for those who refuse to give any credence to this to attack.

But yes it is true, very very true, I too have been told by some people that I have been lucky enough to know, that can attest directly to this being fact. This is very rampant and true.

The issue here, is first off, no supposed journalist has the true integrity to shine the light on this for whatever their reasons, some altruistic and some just lack integrity, and secondly if you did this, you are bringing down a lot of schools including one you may love. And since some of these journalist may have the mindset of "it's just football" and the background of most of these kids, that these guys won't do their jobs.

It's like Pete and D Money, love their work, this site and all they provide us. But if I know what I know and I am not a reporter or a guy who works at being around this information, there is no FRICKING WAY IN ****, they don't know this to be the case or the fact. Question is why do they stay mum? Is it looking our for the kid? Is it looking out for their hook ups? Is it looking out for the schools involved, maybe our own? Or they just don't care about it?

It is out of control and one of the main reasons we continue to lose top talent. NCAA is nowhere to be found on this and there is way too much smoke for them not to get involved. SEC has to be good for TV money purposes which only helps the NCAA.

Advertisement
I was recently visiting back home in Miami and went to visit one of my cousins who is a high school football coach down there. Well this is X-Mas evening and we are having a few drinks and he start talking about his son and my son. Well I ask him why was he wearing all of the Alabama gear and not the "U" gear like when we were younger. He tells me and my wife and I quote "I roll with Nick". My wife not knowing ask who is Nick and he tells her Nick Saban Head Coach of Alabama. He states that he try to steer any kid worthy to Bama. Well I asked him why and just said they are the "it" school. Well he begins to tell me some of the shadiness that goes on down there recruiting wise. He tells me that for $1200 a certain high school coach will ensure that the kid gets a SAT/ACT score to be acccepted in almost any college (You should see the look on my wife and son face at the mention of this). He also mentioned that this same coach was promised a coaching position with 2 SEC schools if he delivered certain players. Well he said delivered a player to one of the said SEC schools but he ended up not getting the position because at the time a new coach was hired and the deal fell through. Now the coach would not send any players that schools way but instead steers them to his alma mater. Later night we go on the North end to visit my wifes family. Her uncle is there and we immediately start talking football. My wife uncle is VERY CONNECTED and RESPECTED in SFL area. I brought up the convo me and my cousin had earlier and when I asked him about it he laughed and his exact words were " Nephew if you knew half the things I knew you could bring down MANY big schools and a few local coaches". He stated one of the local coaches is not even a football coach who pushes kids on the south end the hardest (I laughed because I knew he was speaking of the same person my cousin mentioned earlier). I asked him point blank did he ever take money to steer kids he said no and that he always told the kids to look at the total picture and pick the best school for future (he is a pro um guy). To end this conversation he laughs and said all of the players that he have had over the last few years if he would have sent them to SEC schools he would be a millioniare. Is it really that bad in South Florida?

Joke of a post. Quit whining. FSU has arguably had the best recruiting classes last 3-4 years over even the mighty SEC. Your uncle or cousin sound like they are full of ****. Millionaire? Come on lassy.

Trust me, we've passed plenty of this stuff on. UM is well-aware of what its competitors are doing and they've advised the NCAA of same.

The problem is: (1) it's hard to prove; and (2) the NCAA is in bed with the SEC. Everyone in the business knows the biggest crooks are at LSU, and that's where Emmert made his name.

It's real and it is getting worse each year. 7 on 7's are turning football into AAU basketball. Handlers are gaining power at an alarming rate.

Lol at millionaire. Kids get paid, but no ones breaking off 6 figures for a kid or even close. Now when a kid starts PRODUCING on the college level, agents/advisors can get involved and start throwing around serious bread to try and lock a kid up. But that happens in basketball, and sometimes baseball as well. Still NO EXCUSE to be missing on the amount of kids ALPOOTY has regardless.

Advertisement
Trust me, we've passed plenty of this stuff on. UM is well-aware of what its competitors are doing and they've advised the NCAA of same.

The problem is: (1) it's hard to prove; and (2) the NCAA is in bed with the SEC. Everyone in the business knows the biggest crooks are at LSU, and that's where Emmert made his name.

What surprises me is that the Big 10, ACC, and Big 12 allow it (even though I know most if not all are guilty to a degree)

It's real and it is getting worse each year. 7 on 7's are turning football into AAU basketball. Handlers are gaining power at an alarming rate.

Name names then, since you supposedly know. Besides Genron, because yawn. Guy drives kid to camp, to visit places,to practice, from practice etc...... Who are these other handlers that are "gaining power" lol?

Name names then, since you supposedly know. Besides Genron, because yawn. Guy drives kid to camp, to visit places,to practice, from practice etc...... Who are these other handlers that are "gaining power" lol?
lol

Advertisement
Cam Newton 170,000. That's six figures

Is that south Florida, is that a high school kid? What about Tracy, Deon, Artie, Jamal, Joe Yearby? Lol KC McDermott getting paid?? What about Trevor Darling???

Like I said, some kids get paid. Happens everywhere. There are ALOT of really good/great ball players in south Florida. At least 10-20 of these kids each recruiting year will be future NFL PLAYERS.

Ricardo Louis
Deon Bush
Tracy Howard
Amati Copper
Eddie Jackson
Dalvin Cook
Joe Yearby
Avery Toung
Pat Miller
Rashard Robinson
Duke Johnson
Kelvin Benjamin
Dvonta Freeman
Brandon Fulse
Ermon Lane
Travis Rudolph
JC Jackson
Brandon Powell
Denver Kirkland
Matt Thomas
Alex Collins

Here's a few names, and for you guys who SUPPOSEDLY KNOW. How many of these guys handlers, and how many either received some form of "impermissible" benefits and/or someone in their family(Mom, dad, Uncle, brother, guardian,etc.....) did. And dont leave ANYONE out.

Joke of a post. Quit whining. FSU has arguably had the best recruiting classes last 3-4 years over even the mighty SEC. Your uncle or cousin sound like they are full of ****. Millionaire? Come on lassy.

Lassy. Lull.

Advertisement

FSU's gone on a nice spending spree this year too.

So Nevin ran a $930 million dollar Ponzi scheme and stated he couldn't compete with SEC boosters (one statement I actually believe) and we think these guys can't break off 6 figures for a program changer.. I wish I lived in fantasy world too...

Advertisement
Back