Recruiting In South Florida

Trust me, we've passed plenty of this stuff on. UM is well-aware of what its competitors are doing and they've advised the NCAA of same.

The problem is: (1) it's hard to prove; and (2) the NCAA is in bed with the SEC. Everyone in the business knows the biggest crooks are at LSU, and that's where Emmert made his name.

If any journalist approached this from the "Let's expose this and use the information to force reform in the NCAA and allow these kids to get paid" perspective they could make some headway. All you need is some runners down here to flip and name names. LSU has local runners that will deliver to a kids front door. Common tactic for them is to get off the phone with a kid, and then have a runner show up at the kids door 30 min later with something they talked about, like gift cards etc.

Advertisement
If you don't believe it, that's your choice. But the $EC was throwing big money around years ago and it's only gotten worse. Have you ever heard of Albert Means?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-who-brought-down-alabama-for-almost-10-years

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/sports/071107/young.shtml

The S$C is so corrupt it makes SMU look frugal.

Lol at millionaire. Kids get paid, but no ones breaking off 6 figures for a kid or even close. Now when a kid starts PRODUCING on the college level, agents/advisors can get involved and start throwing around serious bread to try and lock a kid up. But that happens in basketball, and sometimes baseball as well. Still NO EXCUSE to be missing on the amount of kids ALPOOTY has regardless.

Last edited:
If you don't believe it, that's your choice. But the $EC was throwing big money around years ago and it's only gotten worse. Have you ever heard of Albert Means?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-who-brought-down-alabama-for-almost-10-years

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/sports/071107/young.shtml

The S$C is so corrupt it makes SMU look frugal.

Lol at millionaire. Kids get paid, but no ones breaking off 6 figures for a kid or even close. Now when a kid starts PRODUCING on the college level, agents/advisors can get involved and start throwing around serious bread to try and lock a kid up. But that happens in basketball, and sometimes baseball as well. Still NO EXCUSE to be missing on the amount of kids ALPOOTY has regardless.

352.gif

So do you think Miami was falsely accused by the NCAA of wrong doings? You think Miami is the only school to ever pay a player? How are you this naive?? Handlers are rampant and clearly you are or are close to one.

Name the SOUTH FLORIDA HIGH SCHOOL kids getting six figures. Did dalvins fam get six figures, did Ricardo, did corey? Name names, let's go. Since you know right?

Lol at that ******* kids dad saying "oh we got offered half a million dollars but turned it down on principle" ***** please......... And Diahrrea Dorito had a top 5 defense this year, and last.........

Advertisement

So do you think Miami was falsely accused by the NCAA of wrong doings? You think Miami is the only school to ever pay a player? How are you this naive?? Handlers are rampant and clearly you are or are close to one.

Name the SOUTH FLORIDA HIGH SCHOOL kids getting six figures. Did dalvins fam get six figures, did Ricardo, did corey? Name names, let's go. Since you know right?
Patrick Peterson was one. You can use the search function on espn to see that.

Just a guess, but my sense is that Means, Newton and Peterson are the exception, and not the norm. I do know that in most cases, the amounts of money are relatively small, but they do add up. Sometimes its straight cash, sometimes its gift cards to sporting goods stores, electronics, etc.

So to recap: All SEC schools buy players and involve themselves in shady ****, Miami and no other school does.

Cool story bruh.

Advertisement
If this is all true, then how and **** can you blame the Miami coaches for not getting kids who are getting paid?

And? The narrative is old.

Look, players get paid, it's indisputable. I know personally guys who did. But again its nowhere near as widespread as people thing and the figures being thrown around for recruits are mostly bull****. One of the kids I know was a top 100 recruit and got like 5k, and he signed with one of the schools around here people always talk about who pays prospects.

And people keep asking 'well why don't people who know or other schools report it.' Well, because they're doing the same ****. Just look at OU and Switzer and how he openly talked about carrying around brief cases full of cash. To try to make it an SEC thing just seems sour as ****. Some posters here throw that out with any kid that goes elsewhere. Like Burns was supposedly getting paid when he committed to Bama as was Howard when he was thought to be going to UF and Bush when he was going to Bama. 'Insiders' claimed they knew this for fact. Then they flip to Miami and what? Give up the money? Recruiting doesn't work that way.

So to recap: All SEC schools buy players and involve themselves in shady ****, Miami and no other school does.

Cool story bruh.

See, I firmly believe every schoolpays, in one form or another. Any big time player at any school, no matter the size, is getting some benefits (usually cash). Some schools obviously do it bigger than others. Now I'm not going to use it as an excuse for losing out on recruits, but it's just ignorant to act like this isn't happening.

BTW this AAU culture will only get worse, you only have to looka at college basketball to see it. No school or coach is pure in this game which it seems like a lot of people want to believe. Every other team does it but mine...ok then.

Advertisement
BTW this AAU culture will only get worse, you only have to looka at college basketball to see it. No school or coach is pure in this game which it seems like a lot of people want to believe. Every other team does it but mine...ok then.

Naw, everybody does it. We all know Miami did it...they might not right now that we're under some scrutiny, but lets not act like the school didn't know what Nevin was up to (and I'm sure some other boosters as well).

Naw, everybody does it. We all know Miami did it...they might not right now that we're under some scrutiny, but lets not act like the school didn't know what Nevin was up to (and I'm sure some other boosters as well).

I agree and that's my only point.

I hate the 'we lost so and so because they paid.' Newsflash, you're all paying. If not with money then with women and other **** on visits. Just look at how recruits have groups of women willing to do anything for them when they go on visits. Or eat out at the finest restaurants that city has to offer, etc. They're all complicit.

Unfortunately, even Nevin admitted we couldn't compete with the SEC. Even at the peak of our cheating, if a kid's main motivation was getting paid, he wasn't coming here.

Advertisement
Selective listening. No one believed most of his claims but him saying the SEC is rampant we all want to take that to the bank.

Haha.

Quit the whining. Winning cures all.

News flash,

This has been going for decades. DECADES.

South florida recruiting has always been dirty.

Miami has always been able to overcome these issues by having excellent player development, coaching, and embracing the culture of the community.

The UM brand is so deluded nowadays that it's much tougher to compete.

Trust me, we've passed plenty of this stuff on. UM is well-aware of what its competitors are doing and they've advised the NCAA of same.

The problem is: (1) it's hard to prove; and (2) the NCAA is in bed with the SEC. Everyone in the business knows the biggest crooks are at LSU, and that's where Emmert made his name.

Serious question, why don't you pass on what you know to a site like Deadspin or Gawker, someone with a history of blowing the lids of **** like this. They don't have any vested interest in it other than site hits, so the more devious the plots the better. They could get the dirt on almost anything. If this site, or its contributers want to make a name and try to combat this, thats the way I would go.

Advertisement
Back