Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
No they don't. They've literally been Miami west in that respect. Elite kids going to all of the other elite schools. They're ranked 80TH in recruiting right now. This board would be exploding if that were the case here.
I said Usually that’s the case, obviously not going to happen this cycle but flowe’s family is pushing usc

Advertisement
That’s facts about flowe, I dont Think it would have mattered even if we won vs the 2 we lost late. Usc always usually gets their elite kids to stay home in the final hour and I expect That to happen here but we will see

We'll never know. But that has been the problem most of these recent recruiting cycles. Embarrassing losses early on in the season to GT and VT are bad enough... but ending the season with losses to FIU and Duke is an unforgivable momentum killer. It's hard to convince kids of the #TNM dream when they open up their eyes and see we got beat for four quarters by FIU. And if those losses are just an excuse, then I for one would like a staff that takes that excuse away.

P.S. - I was at FIU's fall commencement for a friend getting her Ph.D on Sunday afternoon. President Rosenberg dropped a note about the "historic" win against "the team down the street" during his speech. He gives that same speech two or three times a day for about four days straight in the Fall. Embarrassing.

take a look at what teams are behind Miami, all of those teams are almost full and can’t take anymore, the only school who probably jumps Miami will be Oregon depending on how they finish. Miami has a better class than most teams ranked 11-20 with only Notre dame being comparable. Our class is better than Michigan and Penn state who are ranked 11th and 12th despite them having 5 and 7 more commits than Miami Right now but up only 5 points separating them from Miami. Miami also has the 12th highest recruiting average per recruit in the country
View attachment 105301
View attachment 105302

I'm fairly certain Oregon is going to leap frog us. Nebraska might leap frog us as well if the chatter about them closing strong comes to fruition. We might drop a couple of notches if Height decommits and Knighton secretly diss us.

Regardless, let's say everything remains status quo; this is a class just filled w/ bodies that will not help us the way we need help.

We are Brinks loaded w/ WR, but so what? We recruited a nice pro-style QB, but so what? We recruited two elite backs, but so what? What's our trench game looking like? What's our LB game looking like? What's our DB game looking like?

Furthermore, once you're out the top 15 recruiting, it practically becomes all the same chit in P5 conferences if you don't have the cog for player development. Our class rank of 15 will get smoked by Iowa's class of 25 b/c Iowa develops their kids (see the projected 2020 NFL draft), even if they are 3 star kids.

Advertisement
The way this staff corches, we'd need consistent top 8 classes to secure the necessary talent advantage just to win 10 games a season.

We also have a horrible class when it comes to the biggest positions of need.
That's what I'm saying, what do you disagree with? The last few staffs, all said the same thing, they all felt good and got spurned.
There was even a running joke about it a few years ago.
We are 6-6 !! I don't know what yalk expected, winning bring recruits

Manny Supporters.....ASSEMBLE

Tell us how things will be better with staff running the show.

I dont expect an answer....
the staff is just Too Green, and they need at least someone with experience on the staff but every coach and every position there's no one to be a voice of reason from experience. No one who actually knows what they're doing. The blind leading the blind.

Advertisement
I'm fairly certain Oregon is going to leap frog us. Nebraska might leap frog us as well if the chatter about them closing strong comes to fruition. We might drop a couple of notches if Height decommits and Knighton secretly diss us.

Regardless, let's say everything remains status quo; this is a class just filled w/ bodies that will not help us the way we need help.

We are Brinks loaded w/ WR, but so what? We recruited a nice pro-style QB, but so what? We recruited two elite backs, but so what? What's our trench game looking like? What's our LB game looking like? What's our DB game looking like?

Furthermore, once you're out the top 15 recruiting, it practically becomes all the same chit in P5 conferences if you don't have the cog for player development. Our class rank of 15 will get smoked by Iowa's class of 25 b/c Iowa develops their kids (see the projected 2020 NFL draft), even if they are 3 star kids.

Exactly we needed corners, linebackers, and offensive lineman. We whiffed on every one of those positions. At least, rumph has somewhat of a coaching resume, Barry and Patke should be fired at 12:01AM for their inability to recruit or make the players they coach better,

The only thing that could come out this in a positive manner would be that this year humbled Diaz's dumbass enough to teach him that tweets, politician BS, and lack of attention in assistant coach hiring aren't gonna cut it. Most should have understood that Diaz wasn't qualified for this job to begin with and that there would be a hard learning processes required to get better. Whether or not he learns and improves..............................we'll see.

We shouldn't talk about recruiting until national signing day. Each year we start strong and then end up choking when it actually matters - signing day. These recruits play us for fools every year.

Advertisement
What we are seeing now is ultimately a byproduct of losing to GT, FIU, DUKE etc.
Teams you had more than enough talent to beat.
So I would say that here is what we want......stop losing to BAD teams so recruting is not so difficult....and never lose to fiu let alone a BAD fiu team.
Not complicated.
I agree 100000% win games YOURE SUPPOSE TOO AND THIS WOULDNT HAPPEN

Here's what the sunshine pumpers aren't taken into account by not looking at the bigger picture...

We landed some good prospects in this class mainly because most of them were already locked up with the exception of Knighton & Harrell.

However, for the 21 class... Smh yall don't even understand how ugly it's gonna get on the trail, especially if Diaz is retarded enough to keep Enox, this sh*t gon hit Defcon 1 with how bad we get slaughtered out there.

If you think we're landing a top 15 class next year while going 5-7/6-6 you're in for a rude awakening, especially at the skill positions, the 21 class is DEEP at WR & DB, and we're gonna miss on just about all of'em.

But, I do look forward to seeing people make the same excuses yall are making now, that's sh*t will be entertaining lol.

Greene is absolutely on the staff. This staff couldn’t tell mom wasn’t on the take? How stupid can they be? On top of that, they are left we nothing.....again.
These people don't get it... it is the staff's job to figure out who is bag chasing, it is the staff's job to figure out who is legitimately interested (mother not coming on the visit should have been a red flag), and it is the staff's job to have a wide net cast if those top guys say no.

Advertisement
We are 6-6 !! I don't know what yalk expected, winning bring recruits

Winning matters? Then how did a 5-7 Nebraska team land Greene? Nonsense. Be mad at the record but it doesn't mean anything to top recruits. We got 2 of the best RBs in the country. If the "winning matters" theory was true, how did that happen at 6-6?

That's one way to look at it. Or you can say that they are looking for kids, and signing kids, who believe THEY can be the ones to make a difference.

TVD told Rivals that they spoke to guys on the team about what happened during the season. They were told a few things, one of which was that not everyone vested the same interest and effort into winning. He said they were told a few other things but he didn't elaborate. The kids we have committed are NOT deterred at all. They believe in themselves.
You’re just spinning and deluding yourself. Football is a team game. Kids who don’t care about winning, we shouldn’t want. Kids who do, have to wonder wtf we losing to FIU for. What are they getting into? You can imagine that recruits fancy themselves so amazing they’re impervious to team flaws, but it makes no sense. That’s just some fan isht people say to themselves. Losing and playing poorly is definitely something refruits pay attention to.

L
0E64A2E7-9C99-4505-BD7F-01A1CACFAF83.gif

Advertisement
Back