Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Wake up man...we aren’t finishing in the top 15. We are barely 15th by a fraction of a point. When other teams finish their classes we will be barely in the top 20
take a look at what teams are behind Miami, all of those teams are almost full and can’t take anymore, the only school who probably jumps Miami will be Oregon depending on how they finish. Miami has a better class than most teams ranked 11-20 with only Notre dame being comparable. Our class is better than Michigan and Penn state who are ranked 11th and 12th despite them having 5 and 7 more commits than Miami Right now but up only 5 points separating them from Miami. Miami also has the 12th highest recruiting average per recruit in the country
643926CB-C0CF-4FFF-8D6D-A6F95883A493.jpeg

68A22023-8B7A-4D53-890D-11A70A69CC0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are we going w the UF method of determining a good class?

Worsham-major injury concerns

Moises-may not make it in

1 legit OT commit w a project as the other. And Oh, that’s all we recruited along the entire OL where that’s are biggest weakness.

1 DT committed and that DT may not make it. Oh, did I forget to mention the interior is another grave concern for Miami’s trenches?

2 ILB??

Our class can be #15, but we’ve butchered depth, weaknesses, and needs.

Guys here love to use recruiting rankings when they help fit the pro coaching staff, or the, we’re ranked higher than FSU or UF narrative. When the roles are reversed they say it doesn’t matter bc they didn't get the right guys they needed. All while denying that fact when it comes to their own team

take a look at what teams are behind Miami, all of those teams are almost full and can’t take anymore, the only school who probably jumps Miami will be Oregon depending on how they finish
Honestly, wherever we finish in the overall rankings will far outperform how we did on the field but the lack of filling positions of critical need is disastrous and will hurt Manny’s replacement.

How in the world do these guys watch the OL all year and not aggressively try to bring in bodies there?

Are we going w the UF method of determining a good class?

Worsham-major injury concerns

Moises-may not make it in

1 legit OT commit w a project as the other. And Oh, that’s all we recruited along the entire OL where that’s are biggest weakness.

1 DT committed and that DT may not make it. Oh, did I forget to mention the interior is another grave concern for Miami’s trenches?

2 ILB??

Our class can be #15, but we’ve butchered depth, weaknesses, and needs.
Yep, and now we are gonna have to turn to the portal. You know you have ****ed up recruiting when you have to rely on an entity that should be just a supplemental at best. Now add in our portal defections ...... what a **** show.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've come to terms that we pretty much have our group for the early signing day. We ain't flipping nobody and no big splash from a Flowe or Washington. I need to know what the plan is for February and who we even have momentum with that's worth signing in two months.

Honestly, wherever we finish in the overall rankings will far outperform how we did on the field but the lack of filling positions of critical need is disastrous and will hurt Manny’s replacement.

How in the world do these guys watch the OL all year and not aggressively try to bring in bodies there?
Still time to change that with the next signing period and transfer portal. Adding reed back helps things on the oline too, now we need to go hard after some legitimate tackle prospects, cbs and a good linebacker in the 2020 class.

take a look at what teams are behind Miami, all of those teams are almost full and can’t take anymore, the only school who probably jumps Miami will be Oregon depending on how they finish. Miami has a better class than most people ranked 11-20 with only Notre dame being compatible. Our class is better than Michigan and Penn state who are ranked 11 and 12 despite them having 5 and 7 commits more than Miami Right now but up only 5 points separating them from Miami.
View attachment 105301
View attachment 105302

Go to gator boards if you wanna play the rankings game. This class is a failure as of right now and will continue to be if we don’t land more viable bodies for the OL, LB unit, and DB.

Advertisement
We lose to FIU and the staff thinks a 5-Star recruit from CA doesn’t care? What?

Also how is our CB and OL recruiting this horrendous. LB as well. We will pay for this going forward. Look at our OL this year.
There are many on this board who are still in denial about how bad our OL situation really is.

Still time to change that with the next signing period and transfer portal. Adding reed back helps things on the oline too, now we need to go hard after some legitimate tackle prospects, cbs and a good linebacker in the 2020 class.
Who’s realistically left for us out there at OL???

Go to gator boards if you wanna play the rankings game. This class is a failure as of right now and will continue to be if we don’t land more viable bodies for the OL, LB unit, and DB.
What are you talking about? I’m dispelling the notion that it won’t finish top 20 due to teams jumping us, WHO are the teams behind capable of doing so is my point?

Who’s realistically left for us out there at OL???
I’m not even sure tbh, there’s going to be commits all around college football who dont sign early , even from the elite teams so I’m sure names will surface eventually.

Advertisement
The entire OP was Stefan trying to spare y'all feelings. Entire time was him saying, "recruit X is most likely going to school Y (not Miami), but since it's recruiting I won't say Miami has absolutely no shot."

Bruh, just pull the bandaid off and tell these people we ain't getting nobody.

Advertisement
What are you talking about? I’m dispelling the notion that it won’t finish top 20 due to teams jumping us, WHO are the teams behind capable of doing so is my point?

The point I’m making is why does that matter? We haven’t filled our needs so who cares how our class is ranked? The only reason people will bring up the rankings is to try to dispel the notion that this class is a complete failure.

Majority of us knew that Flowe and Washington were very long shots, so not getting them is not that big of a deal. It is the fact that they spent their time and resources to recruit prospects that they had a very slim chance with when they could have been using that time to evaluate and look at other options. Then they brought down Slaughter just to tell him he is a plan B option,because they think they can get Francois even though he decommitted twice, the stupidity and lack of awareness. Not getting Greene or Baynes is a huge lose. Don't even get me started on CB recruiting, UM needs to add 2 more, 1 that can come in and play right away, Juco or Transfer, and a high school prospect; UM needs 1 more LB, and 2-3 OL more OL, and maybe another WR. Hopefully UM can sign majority of the class and get Francois tommorrow, reevaluate their board and try to add some good pieces by the regular signing day. UM does not have to just get 4 and 5 stars to add good pieces, there is plenty of talent and lower prospects with good to great film.

Another thing, how the **** did the staff not think losing to Fiu, Duke, and GT was not going to affect you recruiting; another sign of delusional and lack of common sense.

The thought of missing out on one of the best LB prospects in recent memory because of losses to FIU and Duke is infuriating...... Also to my fellow fans, can we chill with the Twitter antics until after signing day? It's a bad look.

Advertisement
Back