Recruit Remaining You Want The Most And Why?

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
Feels good these days actually getting to dream big about the guys Miami can land. It got me thinking about who we are targeting that I want the most.

For me it’s Malik Bryant. The reason: Linebacker recruiting used to be a strength of ours. It’s embarrassing to roll out the talent (or lack there of) that we have. Bryant is ranked as a top 3 recruit at his position. We need talent at this spot more than any other. Plus it’s a win against the big boys.

Who are you guys looking to land the most?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Samson-Best player in the country, Day1 starter, most complete tackle in a long time

Cormani- 2nd Best player in the country, Best DB,Starts a trend for top corners to come here

Hicks-Game Changer in the trenches

Hykeem- Highest potential at WR

In that order

David Hicks
I feel good enough about our OL recruiting so I feel I don’t need to list Okunlola but we don’t have much traction (at least publicly) with true interior guys on D.

1.) We need interior DL every cycle, several of them actually. He is an immediate impact guy that would take us to another level. We will be good on the edge, fixing our 2nd level problem as well but we need a true hoss inside.
2.) Would feel great to stick it to TAMU and get the #1 player in TX.

Advertisement
David Hicks. We need an infusion at DT, desperately. Looks like we'll get that infusion at edge but DT is needed. Even if we get Hicks, we're looking to go portal heave the next couple cycles
I haven’t allowed myself to accept this one yet

But you’re right. These are the guys that ALWAYS end up in the SEC

Advertisement
Way too many good answers to choose from, but for me its Harbor with 0 hesitation. Idc if he plays DE, WR, TE or LB here, do whatever it takes to get that mutated athleticism to be coached up by some of the best in the country AND inject a big *** boost in the track program

Advertisement
As far as pure talent and position-of-need goes, that would be Okunlola. Easily

But as far as a recruiting win and public perception goes.. I’m thinking Cormani McClain or Joenel Aguero, and both basically for the same reason: Get one of those two (or, heaven forbid, BOTH?!) and that is a straight up, undeniable, certifiably MASSIVE win over Bama and/or Georgia.

Don’t know if Bama is recruiting Aguero hard, but I know UGA is, and I know they both want McClain. They can claim that they weren’t pressing as hard for guys like Aguirre, Bryant, etc., but for those two, there would be no denying that Miami is back in serious business. THAT would wake people up for real.

Advertisement
Back