Recruit reactions

Advertisement
Depends on the year he has. He's having a good year so far but nothing that will propel him into the top 3 rounds IMO. And that isn't a knock on his talent but I think just that he is viewed as a short, fast athlete that can throw some. If he has a season like 2018 (50 TD's is practically impossible with the shorter season), then I could see him going top 3 rounds and then he is probably gone. I'm just going to enjoy watching him while we have him because it is a breath of fresh air watching him in this offense.
If he has 50 touchdowns and we are solid that’s heisman numbers

Way too early, but any chance King returns? He is not a typical NFL QB. Dammit stop playing so good Murray! Would love to see King stay one more year but who knows what his plans are.
The following year is much better for him to come out. Not as many high profile QB's in that draft. So I think he stays.

Like you, I just want to enjoy having King on our side and as part of the Cane family. When he leaves, I (hope) we have Lashlee for at least one more year and having VanDyke, who is supposed to be an even more accurate passer than King, ready to take over, means we will be in a good position to succeed.

I'm more worried about Lashlee leaving than King, but I will enjoy having them both this year.
UM has allowed Diaz to open up the pocket book for assistants unlike past regimes. We at least have that going like never before.

Advertisement
This is the type of guy who could stay and benefit from the new NIL rules. Potential star college player who may not translate as well to the NFL game. Throw in the QB draft strength over the next two years and it could make both long and short term business sense to take advantage of the COVID eligibility exception and come back for an extra year while also getting paid.

UM has allowed Diaz to open up the pocket book for assistants unlike past regimes. We at least have that going like never before.
Wish he’d use that money on the defensive side and actually get a real special teams coach. I know he wants to run his defense but he needs to find someone that can run it effectively which Baker can‘t.

Depends on the year he has. He's having a good year so far but nothing that will propel him into the top 3 rounds IMO. And that isn't a knock on his talent but I think just that he is viewed as a short, fast athlete that can throw some. If he has a season like 2018 (50 TD's is practically impossible with the shorter season), then I could see him going top 3 rounds and then he is probably gone. I'm just going to enjoy watching him while we have him because it is a breath of fresh air watching him in this offense.
Go check how many games King played in when he accomplished this and then look at how many we are scheduled to play this year..

Wish he’d use that money on the defensive side and actually get a real special teams coach. I know he wants to run his defense but he needs to find someone that can run it effectively which Baker can‘t.
He’s gotta make some defensive changes this offseason. There’s no way Rumph keeps his job. I’m sure Baker will be evaluated, too.

Advertisement
I don’t know how any elite corner doesn’t see how they can get on the field game 1
It's not about that it's about who pays the most

And trust me elite corners see the depth chart and are not scared yet go elsewhere. They know they can play but rather chase a bag or play in front of a mean *** front seven....a front that doesn't give up anything

He’s gotta make some defensive changes this offseason. There’s no way Rumph keeps his job. I’m sure Baker will be evaluated, too.
Yeah, I didn't want to rush to judgment regarding Blake, but the more I see, the more I think Diaz ought to cut his losses and take over for the rest of the year, even if Blake retains the title until the off season. After this season, Diaz either needs to get the Defensive version of Lashlee or he needs to restructure his staff...(cough)...more Ed Reed...(cough)... and just take over the D side of the ball. Lots of successful, NC winning HC's who were coordinators of either the O or the D in the year(s) that they won the NC.

Whatever Diaz decides to do, I can't believe that he will retain Rumph and Blake after this season UNLESS both show major improvement and production.

Imagine complaining about Miami's special teams.................

Advertisement
I look at King in the mold of Kyler Murray. Murray having a great year might give NFL personnel a reason to bump King up in their minds. The NFL is such a copycat league that if King shows that he can throw just as well as Murray they'll construct an offense around King.

Advertisement

Never let the facts get in the way of a good mope.

From 24/7 Sports
Special Teams Coordinator of the Week – Jonathan Patke, Miami
A coach is only as good as his players. That’s true on special teams too. Whether you want to give him credit for execution or recruiting, Patke’s special teams units at Miami were one of the stories of a decisive win against Louisville. In particular, FIU grad transfer Jose Borregales was automatic from just about anywhere. The field goal unit was 9-of-9 on kicks, and 4-of-4 on field goals, including a smooth and easy 57-yarder. Borregales also generated six touchbacks on 10 kickoffs. The punt team has been strong to this point too and while Louisville didn’t necessitate a lot of punts on Saturday, Lou Hedley was effective when called upon with three punts, one inside the 20, none of which were returned by Louisville.

That marquee game against Bama is going to be the one if he stays.
The Clemson game is a measuring stick for himself. He’ll have more thoughts in his head about what’s he going to do after that game, per him lol he doesnt actually have any thoughts behind it as of now. He’s focused on making the ACC championship game

Last edited by a moderator:
The Clemson game is a measuring stick for himself. He’ll have more thoughts in his head about what’s he going to do after that game, per him lol he doesnt actually have any thoughts behind it as of now. He’s focused on making the ACC championship game
I bet! let’s do it!

I love that he’s focused no matter what.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good mope.

From 24/7 Sports
Special Teams Coordinator of the Week – Jonathan Patke, Miami
A coach is only as good as his players. That’s true on special teams too. Whether you want to give him credit for execution or recruiting, Patke’s special teams units at Miami were one of the stories of a decisive win against Louisville. In particular, FIU grad transfer Jose Borregales was automatic from just about anywhere. The field goal unit was 9-of-9 on kicks, and 4-of-4 on field goals, including a smooth and easy 57-yarder. Borregales also generated six touchbacks on 10 kickoffs. The punt team has been strong to this point too and while Louisville didn’t necessitate a lot of punts on Saturday, Lou Hedley was effective when called upon with three punts, one inside the 20, none of which were returned by Louisville.
NOW IS THAT THE COACH OR THE KICKER? THIS GUY WAS ALREADY GOOD.

Advertisement
Back